ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Guys saban did not threaten his bro....

The same people that believe that believe we created the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy!!!!

We actually landed on the moon?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not care anymore where he ends up... If you aren't 100% sure you wanna be here, don't come. There were hundreds of other kids who stepped up yesterday and pulled the trigger for a school. I doubt all of them were 120% sure of their choice, but they sacked up and made one anyway. Picking one school or another does not significantly increase or decrease your chances of making it to the NFL.

That is starting to be the feel of some of the bammers as well.............we all think that until he signs, then we will jump for joy......lol

The same people that believe that believe we created the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy!!!!

F'baum is going off! lol He just said he wouldn't put it past Saban to threaten Cyrus' brother. He also said Saban is probably the second best recruiter in the state now.

Well we know he is not the best.  :we:

Do not care anymore where he ends up... If you aren't 100% sure you wanna be here, don't come. There were hundreds of other kids who stepped up yesterday and pulled the trigger for a school. I doubt all of them were 120% sure of their choice, but they sacked up and made one anyway. Picking one school or another does not significantly increase or decrease your chances of making it to the NFL.

Calm down brother. He's a kid, and his parents apparently weren't happy with the decision he made and/or the fact that he didn't tell them that decision until his announcement, so he is delaying to get all his ducks in a row. What would you have him do? Thumb his nose at his biological family and proclaim that he has a new Family now? Come on man, I know this is frustrating, but try to have respect for the human beings who are making decisions that will shape the rest of their lives.

Not riled up, just find the whole situation at this point kinda stupid. People on both sides are now hanging onto any hope that he is gonna come to their school.. I'm just saying if he isn't sure he wants to be here, then he shouldn't come, and the same goes for bammer.. The kid shouldn't be forced towards any school, bammer or AU.

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

I found it interesting that Saban hasn't contacted him, but three Auburn coaches have several times.  Does this seem possible?

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

I found it interesting that Saban hasn't contacted him, but three Auburn coaches have several times.  Does this seem possible?

Lol, saban's too important to be bothered with calling these kids  ;D

Calm down brother. He's a kid, and his parents apparently weren't happy with the decision he made and/or the fact that he didn't tell them that decision until his announcement, so he is delaying to get all his ducks in a row. What would you have him do? Thumb his nose at his biological family and proclaim that he has a new Family now? Come on man, I know this is frustrating, but try to have respect for the human beings who are making decisions that will shape the rest of their lives.

Not riled up, just find the whole situation at this point kinda stupid. People on both sides are now hanging onto any hope that he is gonna come to their school.. I'm just saying if he isn't sure he wants to be here, then he shouldn't come, and the same goes for bammer.. The kid shouldn't be forced towards any school, bammer or AU.

This is like the fourth time you've posted this.  We get it, you don't care anymore.

It's not stupid, what CK is doing.  I agonized over college decisions myself.  Actually took the school that was #3 on my list due to things they offered me.

We love Auburn, so we can't see what he sees.  He sees Alabama and Auburn, and he sees two fantastic football programs.  He meets the coaches, and he sees whatever he sees.  He sees the universities, and he sees two comparable schools from an academic point of view (forgive me, but it's true).  He does not see Alabama the way a kid from Alabama would see it.  All he sees is football, coaches, facilities, and environments.  Looks like the Auburn environment is really pulling on him!

:wareagle:

The bottom line is that the bammers had a big head start because Arie has been in turdville for the past 7 months.  The parents see that Arie is happy so that's the safe choice.  To make this work out for Cyrus and Auburn, the parents have to learn that Auburn is a better choice for Cyrus, so our coaches have to address their concerns with the superiority of the Auburn alternative and help them to realize the negative developments that have made bammer less appealing than they were a year ago.   We all know about their struggles to keep a coaching staff, the breakdown of their team during the SC, LSU and Auburn games.   If not for a huge gaf by Ryan Mallett bammer would have lost to Arkansas too.  Then, the coaching turnover was embarrassing.   The probation is still an issue too.  They really are tainted program right now.

The Auburn and bama coaches are not doing the contacting. Cyrus's coach is contacting the schools...Auburn more than bama.

I will preface this by saying that I hope he comes to Auburn, but if he doesn't, there is no reason to be upset about it. We just brought in an awesome OL class, Cyrus coming would make it a little bit sweeter, but if not, it won't make this OL class any less special. One O-Lineman is just that, one O-Lineman. Last time I checked, one offensive lineman cannot block 3 or 4 defensive linemen and 2 linebackers by himself. Walk your own line CK and come on down to The Auburn University. War Eagle!

Seems to be alot of negative posts on here.   I've got a great feeling about this, along with 80% of the other posters here.  If you've got nothing nice or positive to say about this 18 year old kid and his family, no need to post anything at all.  War Eagle

It's not stupid, what CK is doing.  I agonized over college decisions myself.  Actually took the school that was #3 on my list due to things they offered me.

We love Auburn, so we can't see what he sees.  He sees Alabama and Auburn, and he sees two fantastic football programs.  He meets the coaches, and he sees whatever he sees.  He sees the universities, and he sees two comparable schools from an academic point of view (forgive me, but it's true).  He does not see Alabama the way a kid from Alabama would see it.  All he sees is football, coaches, facilities, and environments.  Looks like the Auburn environment is really pulling on him!

I agree that it's an agonizing decision for him but if you look at the two of the most important factors for him and it's a slam-dunk for AU:  1) Opportunity for early playing time.  At UAT there are 8 OT's on scholly currently ahead of him that will be going through sping drills; 2) He can major in Architecture (Buildins science) at AU.  UAT doesn't offer anything similar.   Uat can offer Arie who has yet to see the field at bama.  I remember reading something a while back where Cyrus said he would love to play on a team with Arie but really does not want to compete against him.

I'm going to go wait by the fax machine now.

We actually landed on the moon?

supposedly...  I am not so sure though. hahaha

:zapbama:

IF he signs with us...I think he will be the biggest commit in AU history.

It'll be a big commit but that comment is a dis-service to alot of other great kids that have played for us.

The Auburn and bama coaches are not doing the contacting. Cyrus's coach is contacting the schools...Auburn more than bama.

Good point, I think it works to our advantage.  Got to keep the faith!

It'll be a big commit but that comment is a dis-service to alot of other great kids that have played for us.

Im sorry, I dont mean literallly the most important add ever, I just mean the Highest Rated player we've ever signed.

I can see it as biggest recruit ever in this sense:

(a) recruiting is more public than ever

(B) he's a steal from Bama

© he's probably the highest-ranked steal we've ever had

(d) we and Bama are ranked so highly, each #1 in a different service

I don't think it's about whether he's somehow "better" than all our great players, just a matter of what it means in terms of perception.

Dear CK, if you are reading this thread of craziness I just want to say thank you no matter what you choose (though I obviously have my preference).  Thank you for:

1.  Providing the AU family with the excitement of your committment;

2.  Forever dispelling the myth that bammers do not really want anyone who commits to AU;

3.  Providing me with the wonderful mental picture of coach Saban's reaction to your nationally televised choice after he had pledged to dominate AU through his "process";

4.  Confirming that AU people (your fellow commits and the coaches in particular) have that special relationship called family, and that even those who are not around it alot can see it clearly.

Best wishes, and hope to see you in orange and blue next year.

not quite but close. we signed the #1 player stephen davis years ago.

I did not realize he was the Number #1 recruit coming out of HS, my bad :tease:

not quite but close. we signed the #1 player stephen davis years ago.

I did not realize he was the Number #1 recruit coming out of HS, my bad :tease:

Recruiting was a LOT different back them. We did not have the internet, etc. We had parade AA and forest davis.  :laugh:

Archived