ALL THINGS Cyrus...

One thing is for sure over the past 2 years with this staff. If parents visit then the recruit is almost a lock to go to Auburn.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modified. Do not talk negatively about recruits

He's not a recruit anymore!! go to rivals!!

I don't care. He's still a player.

I'm sorry Fisherman, but I've seen other players ripped a new one here. What makes them any different?

Some of yall need to calm down with your talk. We are not turds, we are AUBURN and we do not treat or talk about young men like that. Mods please monitor.

I agree.  I'm very disappointed in his decision and feel strongly that he was denied to follow his heart to the Plains.  I just hope that AU fans act with a little restraint and integrity and do not post garbage on his FB page.  Like you said we are not turds.

Guest jojo1515

so lets see, "sources" had us getting drew, roberson, CK, Calloway and possibly La'el (and a few others).........Even had announcement days which never seemed correct (unless it was NSD) ,   I need a dartboard....Either the so-called sources have lost it or they are putting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much stock into meaningless comments...(or maybe the decoder rings are past the expiration date :dunno:)...I guess it is time to stop taking people's word on recruiting and just wait and see who actually signs   :banghead:  I know recruits change their minds, but this has been one awful year for "sources"

If anyone is bumed like me about losing CK just do what I do.

Think about what the most important position is in all of sports.

Now think about who we signed at that position this year, and think about the future.

This was definitely one of the most bizarre recruiting years I've ever seen

can't wait until Feb 2012... :laugh:

On one hand, I want 2012 recruiting to start already. But on the other hand, I want a break from recruiting. This stuff is stressful  :laugh:

I need a break....but I'll gladly take a verbal just to keep me going

I think our bad-a** D-line will enjoy making the K-jo brothers wish they were anywhere but with Bama for the next four years. Just when you thought this rivalry couldn't get any better. I can't wait! War Eagle my friends and keep it classy.

I hope with what transpired in this case that our coaches make it either mandatory to have parents come to at least one official visit

Well, the fact that he committed to us at the start speaks volumes. He softed to us and then they made a huge push (we'll never know what) and got him. It was all legal (if not exactly clean), and we need to move on. One guy will not make or break Auburn. Auburn is greater than one man...it's about the family, through and through. We still had one heck of a class, and besides, I'm a bit disappointed in how this kinda sucked a lot of my attention.

Good luck Cyrus, can't wait to beat you. WAR EAGLE!

And this is what we're going to see in J-H and J-Hw later.

Oh ok so now its don't talk about players from the rival school...WAIT Im confused now!??......SO NOW WE TALK GOOD ABOUT BAMA PLAYERS??

Im sure everybody on here belives in auburn and loves it. Im sure everybody on here loves the class we have. But if it doesn matter to someone that two STUD recruits commited to us on NATIONAL TV and were talked out of it, then im not sure what these people are on the recruiting forum for.

:believe:

I'm sure that there have been some lessons learned this recruiting season. I will no longer put a lot of stock in last minute flips. I wan't to see a name on a letter of intent, not some  kid in front of a microphone. Until a signature is on paper, nothing else matters.

He's chosen where he wants to go , so I wish the mods would go ahead and delete this  thread. Guys, we're above this . We've got a great class and we didnt go after either one of these guys until the end. Say something positive about the guys that did want to be here, and let them know we do want them and we appreciate them choosing to come to AUBURN. We got some great guys and things are going to be great at AUBURN . YOU all know we have trolls  on here. Theyd love nothing more than to get on our message boards and then go back and say how we're whining and crying over recruits. I say if they  dont want to come here, fine. We dont need them. WE have great talented guys that do want to be here and you cant ask for more than that. Im excited about the guys we have coming in and I want them to know that and cant wait for football to get started.

I'm sure that there have been some lessons learned this recruiting season. I will no longer put a lot of stock in last minute flips. I wan't to see a name on a letter of intent, not some  kid in front of a microphone. Until a signature is on paper, nothing else matters.

AND also parents on official visits, especially if a sibling goes to a rival school.

Something else, I can't take anyone's word on recruiting, not even those here. Sorry guys.. Noone can ever know what really goes on in the players' heads.

Oh ok so now its don't talk about players from the rival school...WAIT Im confused now!??......SO NOW WE TALK GOOD ABOUT BAMA PLAYERS??

"Do not post or link to any obscene, racist or sexually explicit language or material. We reserve the right to modify/remove posts that are abusive, hateful, or may be considered an insult. We also reserve the right to modify/remove posts that are off-topic or not in English."  maybe that helps your confusion

YOU guys may not like what Im about to say, and I really dont care if you do or don't. All this moaning and groaning over  2 guys that we never really went after until the later part of recruiting is crazy. They didnt sign with us. Get over it. WE signed a great class of guys that DO WANT TO BE HERE .. DOnt you think if they read these posts thats kinda like a slap in the face to them ? If we had really needed or wanted these 2 guys, our coaches would have went after them a long time ago and not waited until close to the end. It's not the end of the world, and we will be fine. Please, stop all the whining and complaining. Im a woman and I swear, some of you sound worse than my grandchildren when they dont get what they want. Be happy and proud of the guys we signed and let them know we're proud of them and excited to see them on the field, and stop complaining over something we have no control over. Blast me if you want. I guess I deserve it, but I just to see or hear a whiney man.Besides.... we're AUBURN. We stand tall in good and bad and never bow down to anyone and we ALWAYS SHOW CLASS, even when some others try and  push our buttons to get us to act like them. We're above all of that ! I personally wish CK the best . NOw Calloway, well Ive got to go by my own advice , even though I do have a  different opinion on him, and act like a lady and with that, Im going to leave you with this..I BELIEVE IN AUBURN AND LOVE IT !! ALWAYS WILL  :believe:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a Gal!  War Eagle!! We have much to celebrate right now and the ones who chose to go another way will ponder their decisions some other day.  Regardless, IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

:we::wareagle::wedance:

This is the reality of recruiting,its a dirty business.Not talking about cheating,just ethics.This happens every year,a kid tells a school they are going to sign with them,and they change their minds.I for one,dont blame them,they dont belong to any school untill they sign.

The schools jerk the kids around also.Isnt it interesting how that schools can only sign 28,yet if you look at a schools offer sheet,they have offered about 50+ guys.Schools yank scholy offers all the time.ALL schools have offerd guys,only to pull that same offer,how do you think that makes the kid feel?Kind of the way we all feel after todays news.I dont blame CK for choosing the other team,he did act a little immaturely by the way he handled his business,but guess what,hes 17 or 18.

If you let the whims of a 17 year old ruin your day,mabey your taking football a little to seriuosly IMO.Untill a kid signs,he is allowed to change his mind IMO,schools change their minds all of the time.

I hope he goes 0 for 4 against us,but I dont wish any ill will toward anyone,especially a 17 year old kid who acted his age,he just did it in front of millions of people.

Archived