ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hearing that Auburn coaches never actually talked to Cyrus' parents throughout his recruitment

anyone know if that is true?

They had an in home visit so I don't see this as possible.  Seems more and more likely they had their mind made up and eventually changed his.

Gabe's new cap after Iron Bowl "Cyrus who?" - dont worry about the flip - we gotta a great class... Sting is he went to bama. We have head to head talent with the coachbot now, better staff and a whole different class of fans. Auburn will be fine.

not posting word for word from premium site but Cyrus is quoted as saying FACEBOOK helped him to decide in summary.....

I think that just their lame excuse for reason to commit to turd. If we have bombard Miley with all message, his father probably give the reason that our fans are annoy. His parents never give us a fair share from the beginning, so they will try to find the reason that fit their action.

Cyrus made it sound like Facebook was a major factor in his decision, but my guess is it was more his father and brother.  His father had made it very clear that he wanted him to sign with the Tide.  Cyrus said on Wednesday his heart made the decision for Auburn.  He said today after he chose the Tide that,  “ At the end of the day. . ima keep the fam together.”  Too bad.  He had his chance to become part of a larger family, but chose otherwise.  That’s his loss.  WAR EAGLE!

Guess I learned to never trust anyone here or the pay sites with any insight into recruiting.....what a shame

I suggest tarot cards for next season.  Even Cyrus' own family didn't know until today.  I don't think anyone can predict recruiting 100% of the time.  You win some, you lose some.  That's the way it is.  We still have one of the top classes in the nation.  We almost stole 2 guaranteed recruits from Saban.  We kicked Saban's butt recruiting in the state.  We have a leg up on next year's class and we are starting to win over some coaches from Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida.

I keep hearing that Auburn coaches never actually talked to Cyrus' parents throughout his recruitment

anyone know if that is true?

They had an in home visit so I don't see this as possible.

i didnt know they had an in home visit

but yeah, i find it hard to believe they never talked to his parents at all

What a sad little soap opera.

I've seen and read about 18 year old Soldiers and Marines who made life threatening, split second decisions. This junk drug on for five days. I feel gross even getting caught up in it. From now on, I pay attention after signing day, not a minuet before.

Others with nothing going on in their lives can live vicariously through the whims of teenagers.

Guess I learned to never trust anyone here or the pay sites with any insight into recruiting.....what a shame

I suggest tarot cards for next season.  Even Cyrus' own family didn't know until today.  I don't think anyone can predict recruiting 100% of the time.  You win some, you lose some.  That's the way it is.  We still have one of the top classes in the nation.  We almost stole 2 guaranteed recruits from Saban.  We kicked Saban's butt recruiting in the state.  We have a leg up on next year's class and we are starting to win over some coaches from Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida.

I'd say ^^^this^^^ about covers it. Oh, and we beat them on the field, too!

:wareagle:

I do not neccesarily believe this but I thought i would post it to see what opinions are there. Does anyone see any relation to CK picking Bama a few hours after Clowney Eliminated bama?

I do not neccesarily believe this but I thought i would post it to see what opinions are there. Does anyone see any relation to CK picking Bama a few hours after Clowney Eliminated bama?

Yes very much so

He and Arie were a 2 for 1 all along. The fact that we almost signed him speaks volumes. It tells me that this staff will go after anybody...and will land most of them!...and that is all we need.

Being a true Auburn fan, I was very disappointed that Big C decided to go with bama.

If you step back, look at this case specifically.  Big C was not sure which team to sign with until the last hour.  Why should we expect anyone here or the pay site to ACCURATELY predict the final decision.  One thing for sure, they shared their best info and prediction with us.  That is all I can ask for.

I appreciate their hard work and info.  I am over with the emotional part of this saga.  We have an excellent 2011 class.  Let's celebrate and welcome them to the Auburn Family.

Why isn't this thread locked yet?

I'm sorry but I get sick of the 'lock this thread' posts. If people want to talk about what happened why can't we? Is this a communist discussion board where we can only talk about all the great things that happen to Auburn? Well that's not real life. In real life good and bad things happen. And ignoring it or locking it out won't change that. Lighten up a little an give ppl some space to discuss what's on their mind...

Yes very much so

Please elaborate.... :dunno:

I'm sorry but I get sick of the 'lock this thread' posts. If people want to talk about what happened why can't we? Is this a communist discussion board where we can only talk about all the great things that happen to Auburn? Well that's not real life. In real life good and bad things happen. And ignoring it or locking it out won't change that. Lighten up a little an give ppl some space to discuss what's on their mind...

because people rant in anger--->which causes arguments---> which causes thread to get locked anyways.

Yes very much so

Maybe we make a push for Clowney?

Yes very much so

Maybe we make a push for Clowney?

It would be nice but that definitely isn't happening. He is South Carolina bound like Lattimore last year.

because people rant in anger--->which causes arguments---> which causes thread to get locked anyways.

Exactly. Why do we need to still talk about him? He chose Bama in the end

Archived