ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Bad news, to be sure. We held two scholarships for guys that burned us. However, if they do not want to be at AU, why would we want them?

Now, it is time to focus on building the team and beating the SH*T out of Bama where it counts; -- ON HE FIELD!!

FYI, we still had a top ten recruiting class on all of the boards, #2 on Scout!!  Top five except on Bama fans recruiting service, AKA, rivals.com

So WAR EAGLE!!

Thats okay... thats just more room for next year :happydance:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt it will happen but because of stuff like this I think facebook should make it mandatory for people to have another person's email address before friending them. It won't stop the problem but it will limit it some.

I don't think it was a setup, but if you think either of those recruits were brought in within the rules, you would be naive.

I'm sure Saban did the same as what our staff was doing.  Whether it was in the "rules" or not  :dunno:

Guest jefferson2668

The absolute good news is......we've got 24 guys WHO WANT TO BE AT AUBURN!  They committed and kept their word.  I'll take those men over a Calloway and Cyrus anyday.

WDE!!!

^^^THIS^^^

Ditto

Facebook will never do that. They probably got thousands of new sign-ups over this type of thing, so they aren't going to stop it.

OK, we lost out on two iffy recruits. My feeling is, that if they do not want to be here, why in the world would we want them?

We have a top 5 recruiting class this year and last. We will be fine, fine, fine.. Sure CK would have been a nice pick-up, but he broke his word TWICE.. Not sure we could count on him in the future.

That being said, Cyrus will be a great player if he remains healthy...  Gabe said, "Nick who?", so hopefully he can prove it next year against the TURDS and embarrass Cyrus and Little Nicky!!

As far as those scholarships out there, lets hope the coaches start mining the Jr. College ranks.. Jr College recruits have been SUPERB for AU!! Two last year won every major award for their positions. And who can forget what Rudy Johnson did at AU??

So in the long run, it may work out better for us. Would you take a CAM, NICK, or RUDY for Cyrus?? Don't know about you, but I sure would!!

:wareagle:

Cyrus and Brent was playing us for fools the whole time. They knew darn well where they were going all along. They just proved they NOT men of their word. Their ONLY boys.

A4E, I'm beginning to think you dont get out much.  Go see what life has to offer

I am so ready to be back to the dominating D we are all used to. The flip-flops to bama sting right now, but we will use this as xtra motivation next season. Sec34: I'm fired up right now!!! 

I just dont understand why they would allow themselves to look so foolish. They're parents should be ashamed of themselves for pushing their children away from where they wanted to go and pushing them to Alabama.

Setup??  I would not put it past the HC at UAT.  But Brent and Cyrus would never go along with that.  One thing I can tell you is when two high profile recruits commit to one school on National TV and then sign with another school it draws attention.  And it is not the kind of attention that the HC at UAt wants. 

EXACTLY !!!!! LET's celebrate the ones that chose us and want to be here and to heck with the ones that didnt. Its not the end of the world, and I dont want a kid here that doesnt want to be here. Some folks need to go and read what AUBURN is all about. We're about class, and respect , honor  and courage. We believe in our fellow man and therefore treat everyone equal. This is a great institution and there's so much to love about this place. WE have a  great heritage here. We've got coaches that have got us on the right track. Heck look at where we are.. WE"RE NATIONAL CHAMPS !! I ask you.... look at the guys we had on that team,. look at their character, their heart and their love of the game. They wanted to be here ,and it showed in every game they played and for that and those that will follow in their shoes, Im thankful .PLease forget all this negativeness and lets look forward to the future and to this exciting new class we have coming in !

I spoke to a friend of mine who used to be a missionary in West Africa and we were talking about the CK issue.  He told me the culture there is a young man does not go against his father's wishes.  He thought was that if the dad said it's uat, it's uat.

I think that fact alone is what is making this decision so difficult for him. I/we can only hope that the father tells him to follow his heart as well and to make his own decision.

These quotes show the culture Cyrus grew up with, and are the cause he finally went to Alabama.

This shows how strong the Auburn recruiting experience really is. If the family don't want their son to go to Auburn, they better not allow him to visit on a recruting trip.

;D ;D

Just when we try to get people to stop stalking and recruiting players on facebook, this happene...

"So, now where do you turn to? He turned to Facebook. He had about 3,500 messages in two days. So it was overwhelming. He (Cyrus) told me today you know what, "even though I wasn't sure, I got my fans to help me make my choice. The decision of people who want me to go to Alabama is overwhelming."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hello world of fans mass recruiting. You thought it was bad this year, because of his comments it will be much worse inyears to come because now fans now that can make a difference with some recruits.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Apparently. IMO, if a recruit bases his decision off of positive or negative comments on FACEBOOK, theres something a little off there.

I was thinking on how I was going to word my response to that, you said it perfectly!

A4E, if BC had commited to us, would you feel the same way?  I mean, he wouldn't had honored his commitment, which would make him just a boy, right?  Give the guys a break.  I'm excited to watch a  Rocker coached d-line show them how to play football for the next 4 years.

Cyrus Kouandjio: DeMatha OL commits to Alabama, faxes in letter of intent

By James Wagner

Three days after telling a national television audience that he wanted to attend Auburn, DeMatha's Cyrus Kouandjio committed to Alabama on Saturday and faxed in his letter of intent, according to his father and his coach.

Widely considered among the top recruits in the country, Kouandjio opted for Alabama, where his brother Arie is a freshman offensive lineman. Kouandjio, a 6-foot-7, 300-pound senior, refused to sign a letter on intent on Wednesday, saying he had "buyer's remorse" and was unsure of his decision.

At around 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Kouandjio announced his decision on Facebook.

"Thanks for all the love and support from the state of Alabama," he wrote ". . love all the new relationships i have made throughout this process. . but at the end of the day. . ima keep the fam together and i must say. . . . ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!"

Kouandjio's father, Jean-Claude, said his son's most recent official visit was to Auburn, the weekend before National Signing Day on Wednesday, and that was at the forefront of his son's mind when he announced his decision.

"It turns out he wasn't sure at all," Jean-Claude Kouandjio said. "The last thing in his mind was the last visit he did."

According to his father, Cyrus Kouandjio was flooded with Facebook messages, friend requests and text messages - which helped sway the decision.

"The opinion was heavier towards towards Alabama," Jean-Claude Kouandjio said. "The friends that wanted him to go to Alabama was heavier than Auburn. So he paid more attention to them."By James Wagner  | February 5, 2011; 6:16 PM ET

Here is the way I look at it..... Many months ago no one thought about CK going to Auburn. Everyone thought CK was a bammer lock. When CK came here he saw how great AU was and wanted to come here. However, as a young man he sill wants to find safety in his family and supports his brother, don't blame him one bit. The good news is that our coaches are going above and beyond my expectations for AU recruiting, they took a bammer lock and made him see that there are bigger and better schools out there.

Here is to all the coaching staff and to the AU athletic department for a great 2011 recruiting season.

I would also like to thank ST all of the mods and VIPs for busting their arse to bring the members of AE the real info.

War Eagle Forever....

Cyrus Kouandjio: DeMatha OL commits to Alabama, faxes in letter of intent

By James Wagner

Three days after telling a national television audience that he wanted to attend Auburn, DeMatha's Cyrus Kouandjio committed to Alabama on Saturday and faxed in his letter of intent, according to his father and his coach.

Widely considered among the top recruits in the country, Kouandjio opted for Alabama, where his brother Arie is a freshman offensive lineman. Kouandjio, a 6-foot-7, 300-pound senior, refused to sign a letter on intent on Wednesday, saying he had "buyer's remorse" and was unsure of his decision.

At around 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Kouandjio announced his decision on Facebook.

"Thanks for all the love and support from the state of Alabama," he wrote ". . love all the new relationships i have made throughout this process. . but at the end of the day. . ima keep the fam together and i must say. . . . ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!"

Kouandjio's father, Jean-Claude, said his son's most recent official visit was to Auburn, the weekend before National Signing Day on Wednesday, and that was at the forefront of his son's mind when he announced his decision.

"It turns out he wasn't sure at all," Jean-Claude Kouandjio said. "The last thing in his mind was the last visit he did."

According to his father, Cyrus Kouandjio was flooded with Facebook messages, friend requests and text messages - which helped sway the decision.

"The opinion was heavier towards towards Alabama," Jean-Claude Kouandjio said. "The friends that wanted him to go to Alabama was heavier than Auburn. So he paid more attention to them."By James Wagner  | February 5, 2011; 6:16 PM ET

WOW.

As far as I am concerned these guys were just gravy.  Would have been nice but i won't lose any sleep.  We have a great class AND WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

GEEZ.... GET A GRIP.

:wareagle:

Setup??  I would not put it past the HC at UAT.  But Brent and Cyrus would never go along with that.  One thing I can tell you is when two high profile recruits commit to one school on National TV and then sign with another school it draws attention.  And it is not the kind of attention that the HC at UAt wants.   

If the cops come knocking on doors in turdtown, it will be so much fun to sit back & watch 'em scramble after all they had to say in last 3 months.

EXACTLY !!!!! LET's celebrate the ones that chose us and want to be here and to heck with the ones that didnt. Its not the end of the world, and I dont want a kid here that doesnt want to be here. Some folks need to go and read what AUBURN is all about. We're about class, and respect , honor  and courage. We believe in our fellow man and therefore treat everyone equal. This is a great institution and there's so much to love about this place. WE have a  great heritage here. We've got coaches that have got us on the right track. Heck look at where we are.. WE"RE NATIONAL CHAMPS !! I ask you.... look at the guys we had on that team,. look at their character, their heart and their love of the game. They wanted to be here ,and it showed in every game they played and for that and those that will follow in their shoes, Im thankful .PLease forget all this negativeness and lets look forward to the future and to this exciting new class we have coming in !

EXACTLY.

Archived