ALL THINGS Cyrus...

AUBURN DID NOT start recruiting Ck until the latter part of recruiting. If they had felt the need was there bad enough for him they would have recruited him sooner. IM not whining over this. I dont care what that bunch in Tusacaloser does. They dont concern me. Yes they had a great recruiting class last year, and with that great class, WHO IS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR ? enough said.I had rather have a group of guys with a lot of skills , talent and a lot of heart to want to win, than a bunch of heavily recruited guys that have an attitude and thing they deserve special treatment  and dont have the heart to play as a team. Im proud of the class we have and yes I will celebrate them and look forward to seeing them this spring and fall.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No set up here... not entirely convinced that the Bammers ethically got BC or Cyrus back though. They will both have that Marcus Lattimore look we all saw in the SEC Chapionship game as we beat them this year. Good luck to both - we will see you in November at Jordan - Hare - WDE

I agree with the sentiment that parents should come or at least have a phone conversation saying this is a legit visit for THEM!  Better to avoid these heartaches and have a realistic position before signing day.  We are not a vacation house for future Bama Turds.

Cyrus will regret his decision. Because he seems like a nice kid who was attracted to Auburn, it will make it all the more painful when he figures out he signed up to a cog in wee man's maching. Mods: That's not me talking badly about him or his family -- though I think his parents are misinformed. I'll make this prediction: Cyrus will not have a stellar career at Alabama. Very few players who aren't happy in a program reach their potential, particularly in a grinding position like O-line. This isn't Julio, where he's so sick talented that he can just waltz out on the field even though the world knows he and Saban couldn't get along. Good riddance, Kouandjios. Enjoy the Spanky Factory.

Guess I learned to never trust anyone here or the pay sites with any insight into recruiting.....what a shame

Kinda hard when you are right all the way up to signing day and thats still not enough...especially when the guys family obviously played the biggest role in his changing his mind.

Guess I learned to never trust anyone here or the pay sites with any insight into recruiting.....what a shame

Probably should learn not to put your trust n what high school kids say they are a bit fickle.

Let me add, I'm not angry at Cyrus for choosing Alabama. I am angry at the entire process: his parents, his coaches, ESPN, the hoopla surrounding recruiting that results in a Top 5 class being overshadowed by this d*mn drama for five days, with UA coming out at the end getting the last good headline. The Bammerham News and that fool Randy Kennedy don't need any help slobbering over that little piece of crap in Tuscaloser. And Cyrus just handed them the playbook. For that reason, I will enjoy pulling against the kid for the next four years.

I vote to LOCK this Cyrus thread and THROW AWAY the key....he is a bammer now, an obstacle in our way.....everyone post to lock this thead....its for the common good..i promise....

I vote to LOCK this Cyrus thread and THROW AWAY the key....he is a bammer now, an obstacle in our way.....everyone post to lock this thead....its for the common good..i promise....

People need a chance to vent a while then it will go away same as it did for lattimore last year.

Comments like these really make me mad... Seriously your gonna blame this on ST???? The guys one this site don't have to do what they do for us. They give us information for FREE even though they have jobs themselves. The other sites have guys paid to cover this kinda stuff so I can understand being mad at them. But don't trash the guys on this site cuz some indecisive kid picked the idiots. I am proud with the way this site handle everything and for the information they provide

And to Cyrus can't wait to boo your indecisive butt next year in Jordan Hare! Lost a lot of respect for the kid not because of switching but using facebook as the reason. Man up and make your own decisions. Lemonier and company will hopefully dominate you the next four years

Cyrus is a good kid and will get a free education and represent his family well. I hope this decision was his. I hope playing with his brother works out for him first and his entire family. Time to move on and focus on those exceptional young men that chose Auburn.

War Eagle !

At least with Lattimore last year we had a heads up from ST and others that he would probably stay in-state.  Insiders were posting things were looking good for him coming here, his parents weren't pushing him to go to Alabama as much as we thought, etc., etc.  If we had just been told he could go either way or something neutral it would have been easier but I had been convinced by others here and on other sites he was going to sign with Auburn....can't get much more wrong.  Felt like I got hit by a mac truck after getting the text.

“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

(Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Comments like these really make me mad... Seriously your gonna blame this on ST???? The guys one this site don't have to do what they do for us. They give us information for FREE even though they have jobs themselves. The other sites have guys paid to cover this kinda stuff so I can understand being mad at them. But don't trash the guys on this site cuz some indecisive kid picked the idiots. I am proud with the way this site handle everything and for the information they provide

And to Cyrus can't wait to boo your indecisive butt next year in Jordan Hare! Lost a lot of respect for the kid not because of switching but using facebook as the reason. Man up and make your own decisions. Lemonier and company will hopefully dominate you the next four years

I think a fair question to ask would be what it was that changed the direction of this so suddenly.  For days we've been getting a positive vibe from all the AU "insiders."  We hear it isn't going to be until Monday, then less than 24 hours later he commits to Bama.  I don't blame anyone, especially not the mods.  But it does make me wonder how so many of our folks in the know can be so wrong.

The guys on this site work their asses off to get us top of the line information, FOR FREE.  It upsets me someone would have the audacity to post something like this.

So happy he chose Bammer after seeing why he chose it. Anybody that would let a fanbase decide his future is not an Auburn man. Hope he enjoys ridin the pine for another 2 or 3 AU National Championships. lol

Archived