ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Bad news, to be sure. We held two scholarships for guys that burned us. However, if they do not want to be at AU, why would we want them?

Now, it is time to focus on building the team and beating the SH*T out of Bama where it counts; -- ON HE FIELD!!

FYI, we still had a top ten recruiting class on all of the boards, #2 on Scout!!  Top five except on Bama fans recruiting service, AKA, rivals.com

So WAR EAGLE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who questions how we handle negative talk about recruits, or players who in the last hour commited, should read this . If you don't agree with how I, or any mod, has handled something, take it up in PM with me or with ST

When do they officially stop being a recruit and become a player on the turds?  ;D

I, for one, want to wish CK the best of luck.  It appears that some of us have forgotten who we are and what we stand for. This process for an eighteen year old man is ridiculous.  I cannot imagine how hard it is for these guys.  As an Auburn man, I hope he is treated fairly and grows into the best man and football player he can be.  For those of you who feel personally violated, get over it.  Welcome all new signees.  What a great class you are, and what great things you will acheive.  OK, I will step off my soap box now. :we:  

Well said.  Lets all welcome the newly signed Auburn men and move on.  Our future is very bright with the level of talent we are signing and the quality of the coaching staff.

Guest War Eagle 29

I enjoy this site and love posting here. With that said, I am going to take a few days off from coming here until all mention of this bammer kid's flip flop is gone. I am proud of the young men we signed and feel sorry for the ones who had the chance to join the Auburn Family and blew it. See y'all later.

If he's not all in we should wish him well and move on.  i thought we had a great chance with him but I was mistaken.  I like our class a lot.  We will still beat bama next year.  Write it down.  I've come to the the conclusion that Jeff Grimes is the best line coach around.  We will not only have a great line next year.  We will have them for the next 3 or 4.  I'm just glad all this distraction is over.

Cyrus and Brent was playing us for fools the whole time. They knew darn well where they were going all along. They just proved they NOT men of their word. Their ONLY boys.

See this is why every so often someone tries to get you banned.

Just when we try to get people to stop stalking and recruiting players on facebook, this happene...

"So, now where do you turn to? He turned to Facebook. He had about 3,500 messages in two days. So it was overwhelming. He (Cyrus) told me today you know what, "even though I wasn't sure, I got my fans to help me make my choice. The decision of people who want me to go to Alabama is overwhelming."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hello world of fans mass recruiting. You thought it was bad this year, because of his comments it will be much worse inyears to come because now fans now that can make a difference with some recruits.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Apparently. IMO, if a recruit bases his decision off of positive or negative comments on FACEBOOK, theres something a little off there.

So all of the don't facebook stalk or stay off his facebook backfired on us.

Apparently so. I still would refuse to do it, but from now if anyone feels inclined to do so have fun weirdos.

Sorry to steal a post from another board, but if Cyrus had no brother at bama he would be all AU.  Saban has been recruiting Cyrus for over 2 years but Auburn was able to capture his initial commitment on national TV after recruiting him only for 4 or 5 weeks.  If this doesn't show how good our coaches are at recruiting nothing does.  War Eagle coaches!! :we:

I Have only one complaint with the whole situation...I don't blame the kid for saying Auburn on signing day and then backing down....my  complaint is that his brother tweets his decision...that is not right...I've said. I'm done.

Like I've said for the last 3 days who cares we are the champs our motto Is "all in" and apparently this guy isn't u don't commit to us and then not sign I guess I'm the only person who feels like that was disrespectful??!! We didn't chase M. Roberson so why we chasing this guy I just hate that we didn't actually give some other talented young man a chance to become a part of the auburn family....but we are fine with or without him prob still the best O line class in the nation for the 2nd straight year!......Once he got on national TV and said auburn that should have been the end and then you never send in your letter and MOST OF YOU.....still thought he was coming??!??.....I MEAN REALLY.....come on now people Im not mad at the guy for going to bama I'm mad at they way he toyed around with AUBURN if you going to bama just go this guy hasn't proven anything on the college level do you all need a refresher on how many 5 star players that have come out and you haven't heard anything else from them!! If your not 100% "WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!" And if you think this couldn't have been planned from the start your a idiot or you have never played sports or been on any type of coaching staff in your lives stuff like this does happened and sometimes it is planned out!!!

Remember people "ALL IN"

PS....BAN ME IF YOU WANT BUT IM GONNA KEEP IT 100% AT ALL TIMES

You've posted this same exact comment in 3 different treads now.  Don't you know that most of us read everything here.

He's chosen where he wants to go , so I wish the mods would go ahead and delete this  thread. Guys, we're above this . We've got a great class and we didnt go after either one of these guys until the end. Say something positive about the guys that did want to be here, and let them know we do want them and we appreciate them choosing to come to AUBURN. We got some great guys and things are going to be great at AUBURN . YOU all know we have trolls  on here. Theyd love nothing more than to get on our message boards and then go back and say how we're whining and crying over recruits. I say if they  dont want to come here, fine. We dont need them. WE have great talented guys that do want to be here and you cant ask for more than that. Im excited about the guys we have coming in and I want them to know that and cant wait for football to get started.

I second the motion!

No more Cyrus threads please!  :banghead:

THAT"S WHAT SHE SAID!! :wareagle:

Now, it is time to focus on building the team and beating the SH*T out of Bama where it counts; -- ON HE FIELD!!

YOU SAID SOMETHING THEN THATS THE TYPE OF STUFF I LIKE TO HEAR!!

So all of the don't facebook stalk or stay off his facebook backfired on us.

Apparently so. I still would refuse to do it, but from now if anyone feels inclined to do so have fun weirdos.

I agree but still if that is how someone makes decisions it is a little odd.

Sorry to steal a post from another board, but if Cyrus had no brother at bama he would be all AU.  Saban has been recruiting Cyrus for over 2 years but Auburn was able to capture his initial commitment on national TV after recruiting him only for 4 or 5 weeks.  If this doesn't show how good our coaches are at recruiting nothing does.  War Eagle coaches!! :we:

true

The absolute good news is......we've got 24 guys WHO WANT TO BE AT AUBURN!  They committed and kept their word.  I'll take those men over a Calloway and Cyrus anyday.

WDE!!!

Any new Cyrus threads would have to be moved to "College Football" since he is no longer a recruit but a member of turd nation.  Enjoy the smell of Tuscaloserville.

Although it shows how good our staff is, celebrating this is a load of crap. Remember 2nd place is the first place loser in recruiting. It sucks that Bama got a great one and we didn't (the rest of or class is good tho).

The absolute good news is......we've got 24 guys WHO WANT TO BE AT AUBURN!  They committed and kept their word.  I'll take those men over a Calloway and Cyrus anyday.

WDE!!!

^^^THIS^^^

Just when we try to get people to stop stalking and recruiting players on facebook, this happene...

"So, now where do you turn to? He turned to Facebook. He had about 3,500 messages in two days. So it was overwhelming. He (Cyrus) told me today you know what, "even though I wasn't sure, I got my fans to help me make my choice. The decision of people who want me to go to Alabama is overwhelming."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hello world of fans mass recruiting. You thought it was bad this year, because of his comments it will be much worse inyears to come because now fans now that can make a difference with some recruits.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This quote tells me all I need to know. Time to move on and shut this whole subject down. Not a good sign, if you get my drift ( I,ME, MY, MINE)

Archived