ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Be sure to post the video of CK on NSD and the tweets that were used to inform everyone about the flip on the bulletin board before the IB. Can you say, fired up?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to root for CK or BC...they are in turdville.  Obviously I hope no physical ill will on anyone but I do not wish them luck.  What they did to AU and the coaching staff in inexcusable and I will never look past that.

so lets see, "sources" had us getting drew, roberson, CK, Calloway and possibly La'el (and a few others).........Even had announcement days which never seemed correct (unless it was NSD) ,   I need a dartboard....Either the so-called sources have lost it or they are putting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much stock into meaningless comments...(or maybe the decoder rings are past the expiration date :dunno:)...I guess it is time to stop taking people's word on recruiting and just wait and see who actually signs   :banghead:  I know recruits change their minds, but this has been one awful year for "sources"

Are you Kidding?  The only one that we thought was a definite was Roberson but there were other circumstances outside the coaches controls.  Collins and Calloway  grew up fans to the school they signed with so you really can't blame them.  CK was a 50/50 shot as was Drew.  Look at others that ST told us would sign and did:  Westerman, Therezie, Mason, Bray etc.  

I think the weirdest thing of all is it looks like he used facebook to help him make his decision. Looks like all the bammer weirdos stalking him may have paid off.

I think it was more  the press put on by his brother at Wee man's "suggestion"

He's chosen where he wants to go , so I wish the mods would go ahead and delete this  thread. Guys, we're above this . We've got a great class and we didnt go after either one of these guys until the end. Say something positive about the guys that did want to be here, and let them know we do want them and we appreciate them choosing to come to AUBURN. We got some great guys and things are going to be great at AUBURN . YOU all know we have trolls  on here. Theyd love nothing more than to get on our message boards and then go back and say how we're whining and crying over recruits. I say if they  dont want to come here, fine. We dont need them. WE have great talented guys that do want to be here and you cant ask for more than that. Im excited about the guys we have coming in and I want them to know that and cant wait for football to get started.

I second the motion!

No more Cyrus threads please!  :banghead:

Maybe the should start going to the actual school and interview the coaches as the Fax papers come in cause if what they say on the TV doesn't matter why even watch it?!?

Im Just Sayin!

:zapbama:

Really?! No way it was a setup.  I choose to think of it this way.

Our coaches got 2 UA locks to commit to AU and almost signed them.  Saban and many others had to devote a lot of time and resources to turn them back.  The young men were clearly impressed with AU.  We will get more than our share if we keep doing what we are doing.  I applaud CGC and staff for a job well done and am excited about all the Auburn men we just signed.

All IN!

I, for one, want to wish CK the best of luck.  It appears that some of us have forgotten who we are and what we stand for. This process for an eighteen year old man is ridiculous.  I cannot imagine how hard it is for these guys.  As an Auburn man, I hope he is treated fairly and grows into the best man and football player he can be.  For those of you who feel personally violated, get over it.  Welcome all new signees.  What a great class you are, and what great things you will acheive.  OK, I will step off my soap box now. :we:  

Big loss, but we will be fine.. Think we should start looking at Jr. College prospects to take this scholly. Jr College prospect have been VERY GOOD for AU...

Think of the list:

Cameron Newton

Nick Fairley

Rudi Johnson

to name a few!!

Get over it. Old news.

Can I not ask a question without getting berated?

I think you should ask your question and not worry about what others think about it. If you have something to say, say it. I speak what's on my mind and if someone else doesn't like it, too bad. I'm not going to say something and then slobber all over it.

I just hope Alabama can't win an Ironbowl for the next 5 years. Don't let any of these kids see an SEC Championship. I have never spoken ill of a recruit, but declaring on Signing day and flipping is dirty. Maybe they can enjoy Saban's last year before he moves onto the BBD.

Anyone who questions how we handle negative talk about recruits, or players who in the last hour commited, should read this . If you don't agree with how I, or any mod, has handled something, take it up in PM with me or with ST

Just when we try to get people to stop stalking and recruiting players on facebook, this happene...

"So, now where do you turn to? He turned to Facebook. He had about 3,500 messages in two days. So it was overwhelming. He (Cyrus) told me today you know what, "even though I wasn't sure, I got my fans to help me make my choice. The decision of people who want me to go to Alabama is overwhelming."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hello world of fans mass recruiting. You thought it was bad this year, because of his comments it will be much worse in years to come because now fans know that they can make a difference with some recruits.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Im sure everybody on here belives in auburn and loves it. Im sure everybody on here loves the class we have. But if it doesn matter to someone that two STUD recruits commited to us on NATIONAL TV and were talked out of it, then im not sure what these people are on the recruiting forum for.

:believe:

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.  Get over it!  We have 24 signees that are thrilled at the thought of becoming AUBURN Tigers.  You can't let the ones who chose to go another way to dampen our spirit and appreciation for the ones who chose to sign with AUBURN.  Never.  We have some great athletes coming to the Plains later this year.  Embrace them and look forward to the good times ahead.  Otherwise, you may need to reconsider your future.  Life throws us many disappointments, but how we handle these situations separates the haves and have nots in life.  Good luck with your personal decision, but I am going to move along and believe in the AUBURN Tigers, our coaches, and our recruits who want to be in the Family and cheer like never before.  :we: :we: :we: :we: :we:

FIrst of all, I dont like the way they handled things like they did, BUT these IMO are 2 entirely different circumstances. Yes, I feel BC was a scam and a joke, and I go on record as saying that. Watching him on signing day and they way he acted, I believe it was an act all along. He sure didnt look like a kid to me that had been in turmoil. As for Cyrus, I understand his hesitance. He's 17 years old and his parents didnt come to campus with him. I dont put anything past Bammers or that sneakly coach they have, but there is no way to prove they talked him our of coming here. I feel this family has been upfront and honest, just not understanding where his decision came from. According to what Ive read, his entire family WANTED him to go to Bama. None of us know what happened and probably never will so why give the Bammers the satisfaction of whining over it.Bammers may get to some of you, I will not allow them to get to me. We dont always get everything we want in life and this is one of those situations and I feel if our coaches had wanted him so bad, they would have started recruiting him sooner and not at the end.As for being mad., no Im not. They make themselves look bad in the end.

I personally have NEVER posted any obscene, racist or sexually explicit language or material. Don't even use it in my VOCABULARY on a daily but for some strange reason my post always seem to disappear! And i have warning by every post i put up!

Im sure everybody on here belives in auburn and loves it. Im sure everybody on here loves the class we have. But if it doesn matter to someone that two STUD recruits commited to us on NATIONAL TV and were talked out of it, then im not sure what these people are on the recruiting forum for.

:believe:

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.  Get over it!  We have 24 signees that are thrilled at the thought of becoming AUBURN Tigers.  You can't let the ones who chose to go another way to dampen our spirit and appreciation for the ones who chose to sign with AUBURN.  Never.  We have some great athletes coming to the Plains later this year.  Embrace them and look forward to the good times ahead.  Otherwise, you may need to reconsider your future.  Life throws us many disappointments, but how we handle these situations separates the haves and have nots in life.  Good luck with your personal decision, but I am going to move along and believe in the AUBURN Tigers, our coaches, and our recruits who want to be in the Family and cheer like never before.   :we: :we: :we: :we: :we:

thank you for the life lesson on the recruting board. :wedance:

Gotta remember what Stewart Mandel said the other day, bammer needed CK on their OL worse than we did.

I'll get over this one, but it will take a couple of days.

Guest jojo1515

Are you Kidding?  The only one that we thought was a definite was Roberson but there were other circumstances outside the coaches controls.  Collins and Calloway  grew up fans to the school they signed with so you really can't blame them.  CK was a 50/50 shot as was Drew.  Look at others that ST told us would sign and did:  Westerman, Therezie, Mason, Bray etc.  

My point exactly....recruiting is so out of control that "sources" get 50% right and 50% wrong, nothing bad on the "sources" (and by that I don't mean ST, I mean ST's source and whoever the "insiders" are using for their "source" that is why I need a dartboard.  The Auburn "sources" are usually spot on, they seemed to miss ALOT this year in recruiting.  Must be alot of "sources" with partial info

Archived