ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Just glad that is over..sounded a lot like the Cecil Newton drama to be played out allover again. We don't wnat nor need athletes that do not want to be here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still got 1 Oline class in america..this really doesn't bother me..we had a huge haul last year and a bigger haul this year.WE

who still ranks our o-line class at #1?  Rivals and Scout both have us at #4

Scout does not differentiate classes by position. They only do an overall team ranking.

yes they do, they have

1. Florida State

2. Arkansas

3. Tennessee

4. Auburn

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&c=14&view=3&yr=2011

ok well I will do my own rankings next week and I will break it down by average position rank. not stars and all that crap.

The lesson is (and i don't even have a FB account) that these kids WANT to feel WANTED.   THere's nothing wrong with clean, positive remarks encouraging a recruit to sign with AU.   File that away for future reference.

The lesson is (and i don't even have a FB account) that these kids WANT to feel WANTED.   THere's nothing wrong with clean, positive remarks encouraging a recruit to sign with AU.   File that away for future reference.

That kind of idea ends in being a part of the cast of jersey shore.  Wait till he sees what they post when he misses a block it won't be friendly to say the least.

I'm just happy this is all over with.  I want kids at Auburn that WANT to be at Auburn.  And that just was not the case with this kid.  And that's ok.  Just time to move on.  He's a Bammer now.  Our recruiting class is outstanding!! WDE!!

You can believe that line of bull if you want. They are in full CYA mode right now. Don't hand me this bs about the response from the Alabama fans on Facebook was overwhelming. He just said the other day that he just wanted his son to be sure that he was making the right decision blah blah blah. That is a load and if you believe that I've got some property I want to sell you.

The FB thing has to be a copout, and if it is actually true the i will just :laugh:vat him for the next four years.

MAybe so.   But it still doesn't hurt to show them the love.

You can believe that line of bull if you want. They are in full CYA mode right now. Don't hand me this bs about the response from the Alabama fans on Facebook was overwhelming. He just said the other day that he just wanted his son to be sure that he was making the right decision blah blah blah. That is a load and if you believe that I've got some property I want to sell you.

Is it in arizona?  Is it ocean front?  I need some good investment property. ;)

Still got 1 Oline class in america..this really doesn't bother me..we had a huge haul last year and a bigger haul this year.WE

Scout does not differentiate classes by position. They only do an overall team ranking.

yes they do, they have

1. Florida State

2. Arkansas

3. Tennessee

4. Auburn

I'm gettin' tired of seeing this! Auburn and LSU had the TOP 2 OL classes this year... PERIOD! Those sites are giving those other teams "bonus points" b/c of the sheer number of OL they signed! Do the research! Judge for yourselves! Then come back and see if you STILL think that those other teams signed better OL than us!  >:(

To consult facebook on a serious life decision could be possibly the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.

This right here.

Guest jojo1515

I would want both of my sons playing for the same team. Easier picking which game to go to on Saturdays.

unless it's bama!!  I would want atleast one of my sons to have a chance to come out of college with some class and intergrity

:dunno: just noticed the "DONT GO TO CYRUS KUOANDJIO'S FACEBOOK PAGE sticky is gone.  :dunno:

Kinda pointless to have it up now don't ya think??

Why isn't this thread locked yet?

I'm sorry but I get sick of the 'lock this thread' posts. If people want to talk about what happened why can't we? Is this a communist discussion board where we can only talk about all the great things that happen to Auburn? Well that's not real life. In real life good and bad things happen. And ignoring it or locking it out won't change that. Lighten up a little an give ppl some space to discuss what's on their mind...

Communist?? really, you did not say that.                                                                                                                                                           Just had one locked myself.  Really not sure why. Love this site and have donated many times, but do not understand the quick locks.

Where are the bammers that constantly claimed Auburn gave money to a certain player's dad at right now...wonder if they would apply similar logic at this recent turn of events..

yes they do, they have

1. Florida State

2. Arkansas

3. Tennessee

4. Auburn

I'm gettin' tired of seeing this! Auburn and LSU had the TOP 2 OL classes this year... PERIOD! Those sites are giving those other teams "bonus points" b/c of the sheer number of OL they signed! Do the research! Judge for yourselves! Then come back and see if you STILL think that those other teams signed better OL than us!  >:(

while florida state did sign twice as many as us, i'm not sure they are above us because of the "bonus points".  they signed 1 5-star and so did we, they signed 3 4-stars and we signed 2 4-stars

Why isn't this thread locked yet?

I'm sorry but I get sick of the 'lock this thread' posts. If people want to talk about what happened why can't we? Is this a communist discussion board where we can only talk about all the great things that happen to Auburn? Well that's not real life. In real life good and bad things happen. And ignoring it or locking it out won't change that. Lighten up a little an give ppl some space to discuss what's on their mind...

Communist?? really, you did not say that.                                                                                                                                                         

Just had one locked myself.  Really not sure why. Love this site and have donated many times, but do not understand the quick locks.

Dude, look at how you just berated Auburn men and women in that post.  You are blind as a bat if you can't see why that thread was deleted.  Essentially calling Auburn fans out as being "worse than the turds" will not win you many fans.

BTW, I fixed your qoute for ya.

That's what I want to know...I know ST believed in his heart Cyrus was coming to AU...so ...what changed his mind so suddenly 180 degrees??   Why did we seem so sure....Not blaming or crying...ST is right so much I beleive something screwy MUST have happened at CK's house.....Any ideas?

Look, you can say it came down to Facebook if you want to or you can even talk about how Saban illegally recruits through reporters or used his brother as the go-between to heavily recruit/re-align CK during a dead and quiet period and I would say they were definitely factors, but they were not major factors.  The major factor here (as I told the other mods "behind the curtain" on this past Wednesday AND as discussed by some on this very long thread) was always cultural.  CK's family is from Cameroon.  It is true that he moved here at a young age and has spent most of his life in the American culture.  Nonetheless, the culture of his family remains that of his parents.  That culture is VERY much family-based and the father is the "chief" both figuratively and, in some cases, literally.  In this case, as in many other paternal dominant cultures around the world, the father makes family decisions, period.  I think the American influence is the only thing that made this whole situation at all interesting since they actually entertained CK's reasoning for saying AU.  But in the end, in my mind anyway, I felt he would side with family both in that he would be with his bro at uat and and he would not be "disobeying" his father's wishes.  After he did not sign the NLI on Wednesday, as far as I was concerned, his will was going to die a slow death under pressure from the rest of the fam, primarily his dad and Arie.  I heard what the insiders and other experts were saying as far as optimistic predictions and I hoped I would be wrong, but I was never expecting the will of this teenager, gigantic man-child or not, to prevail.  You win some, you lose some.

This one stings for sure....BUT DO NOT FORGET, WE HAVE A GREAT CLASS REGARDLESS!!  AND after all the bammers sober back up from their moonshine induced stupor no doubt claiming another national championship, they can't change this:  They still lost 28-27 in their own house in front of their biggest crowd ever in the worst comeback loss in their history to their greatest rival, when a win would have stained a perfect season and surely thwarted a run for the BCS NC...And then, they had to watch as this same hated rival not only tucked away ANOTHER Heisman Trophy and just about every other prominant award, but brought home the crystal football as National Champions.

I don't know about you guys, but for the next 293 days I'm going to absolutely revel in our epic season where we took their manhood and won it all.  And as CGC would say (at least once!) [glow=red,2,300]WAR DAMN EAGLE!!![/glow]

We Are Auburn!!!

believe.gif

Archived