ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dunno: just noticed the "DONT GO TO CYRUS KUOANDJIO'S FACEBOOK PAGE sticky is gone.  :dunno:

Kinda pointless to have it up now don't ya think??

Meant in a humorous way as CK determined his future on the amount of FB messages he got from a particular school to. DARNIT! Why didn't he use the Tuscalloosa News pole?  :laugh:

My 100th post stated the culture of west Africa where the children never went against the father's will was the reason to sign with Bama. This did show the real power of this recruiting team at Auburn.

Might as well get to 100 posts in this thread, also.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:;D ;D

C'mon guys and gals...The Mods are right about this.  I didn't read all the posts by any means and just found out about CK just a few mins ago.  Don't have a meltdown like our cross state rivals.  Its going to be an AUsome year.  If there were things that went on behind the scenes, it is what it is and I believe karma will take care of that.  I don't pretend to know him or his family and in no way could know what is best for him.  I am actually surprised it went this far with his brother being there.

And don't worry what Bubba Jim at the corner station is going to say.  He has to have good news about Bammer to get through his miserable day.

My 100th post stated the culture of west Africa where the children never went against the father's will was the reason to sign with Bama. This did show the real power of this recruiting team at Auburn.

Might as well get to 100 posts in this thread, also.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:;D ;D

api52:  Indeed you did sir, you nailed it IMO.  And it was you and a few others I was referencing in my comment, "as discussed by some on this very long thread".  War Eagle!

And page 100! I.say we end here with this. On to spring practice!! Has any body noticed the.recruits we have coming in this summer. Man I can't wait! :we:

Look, you can say it came down to Facebook if you want to or you can even talk about how Saban illegally recruits through reporters or used his brother as the go-between to heavily recruit/re-align CK during a dead and quiet period and I would say they were definitely factors, but they were not major factors.  The major factor here (as I told the other mods "behind the curtain" on this past Wednesday AND as discussed by some on this very long thread) was always cultural.  CK's family is from Cameroon.  It is true that he moved here at a young age and has spent most of his life in the American culture.  Nonetheless, the culture of his family remains that of his parents.  That culture is VERY much family-based and the father is the "chief" both figuratively and, in some cases, literally.  In this case, as in many other paternal dominant cultures around the world, the father makes family decisions, period.  I think the American influence is the only thing that made this whole situation at all interesting since they actually entertained CK's reasoning for saying AU.  But in the end, in my mind anyway, I felt he would side with family both in that he would be with his bro at uat and and he would not be "disobeying" his father's wishes.  After he did not sign the NLI on Wednesday, as far as I was concerned, his will was going to die a slow death under pressure from the rest of the fam, primarily his dad and Arie.  I heard what the insiders and other experts were saying as far as optimistic predictions and I hoped I would be wrong, but I was never expecting the will of this teenager, gigantic man-child or not, to prevail.  You win some, you lose some.

This one stings for sure....BUT DO NOT FORGET, WE HAVE A GREAT CLASS REGARDLESS!!  AND after all the bammers sober back up from their moonshine induced stupor no doubt claiming another national championship, they can't change this:  They still lost 28-27 in their own house in front of their biggest crowd ever in the worst comeback loss in their history to their greatest rival, when a win would have stained a perfect season and surely thwarted a run for the BCS NC...And then, they had to watch as this same hated rival not only tucked away ANOTHER Heisman Trophy and just about every other prominant award, but brought home the crystal football as National Champions.

I don't know about you guys, but for the next 293 days I'm going to absolutely revel in our epic season where we took their manhood and won it all.  And as CGC would say (at least once!) [glow=red,2,300]WAR DAMN EAGLE!!![/glow]

We Are Auburn!!!

believe.gif

WELL FREAKING SAID, HERK! And just remember - we would have killed to have had a class like this several years ago! Great things are happening at the plains!! War Eagle!!

Look, you can say it came down to Facebook if you want to or you can even talk about how Saban illegally recruits through reporters or used his brother as the go-between to heavily recruit/re-align CK during a dead and quiet period and I would say they were definitely factors, but they were not major factors.  The major factor here (as I told the other mods "behind the curtain" on this past Wednesday AND as discussed by some on this very long thread) was always cultural.  CK's family is from Cameroon.  It is true that he moved here at a young age and has spent most of his life in the American culture.  Nonetheless, the culture of his family remains that of his parents.  That culture is VERY much family-based and the father is the "chief" both figuratively and, in some cases, literally.  In this case, as in many other paternal dominant cultures around the world, the father makes family decisions, period.  I think the American influence is the only thing that made this whole situation at all interesting since they actually entertained CK's reasoning for saying AU.  But in the end, in my mind anyway, I felt he would side with family both in that he would be with his bro at uat and and he would not be "disobeying" his father's wishes.  After he did not sign the NLI on Wednesday, as far as I was concerned, his will was going to die a slow death under pressure from the rest of the fam, primarily his dad and Arie.  I heard what the insiders and other experts were saying as far as optimistic predictions and I hoped I would be wrong, but I was never expecting the will of this teenager, gigantic man-child or not, to prevail.  You win some, you lose some.

This one stings for sure....BUT DO NOT FORGET, WE HAVE A GREAT CLASS REGARDLESS!!  AND after all the bammers sober back up from their moonshine induced stupor no doubt claiming another national championship, they can't change this:  They still lost 28-27 in their own house in front of their biggest crowd ever in the worst comeback loss in their history to their greatest rival, when a win would have stained a perfect season and surely thwarted a run for the BCS NC...And then, they had to watch as this same hated rival not only tucked away ANOTHER Heisman Trophy and just about every other prominant award, but brought home the crystal football as National Champions.

I don't know about you guys, but for the next 293 days I'm going to absolutely revel in our epic season where we took their manhood and won it all.  And as CGC would say (at least once!) [glow=red,2,300]WAR DAMN EAGLE!!![/glow]

We Are Auburn!!!

believe.gif

WELL FREAKING SAID, HERK! And just remember - we would have killed to have had a class like this several years ago! Great things are happening at the plains!! War Eagle!!

With all due respect, you can almost replace every one of these Kouandjio family values with most in the US and come to the same conclusion. Family matters, Period.

My previous post (about 20 pages ago) said it was my last post regarding Cyrus.  Well I just got back and this thread was still going so is there anyone that can summarize the last 20 pages?  I don't want to miss anything....plus I wanted a post on the 100th page.

My previous post (about 20 pages ago) said it was my last post regarding Cyrus.  Well I just got back and this thread was still going so is there anyone that can summarize the last 20 pages?  I don't want to miss anything....plus I wanted a post on the 100th page.

Summary: Alabama happy. Auburn Happy.

Quick summary:  Last 20 pages=20 before it.

I'm only posting to either push this thread to 101 pages or be the last before its locked. Hope I accomplish one.

Are there bonus points for doing so?

Archived