Marquis Daniels

t_wingo

Has been hospitalized with a bruised spine.  He was trying to create space with Gilbert Arenas guarding him and his head caught Arenas' elbow.  Daniels went down immediately and had to go to the hospital, the Celtics are saying he will be out at least 1-2 months. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-sn-daniels-bruised-spine,0,6934520.story

MD has retirement on his mind right now. He has had problems with his spine in that past and this put a good scare in him. He said he could not feel his arms and legs for 7 or 8 minutes and he's never had anything this severe before. I don't know if it's just "knee jerk" reaction he's having right now but he's seriously thinking about retirement.

He has small kids and a wife that's on his mind right now.

I saw this as it happened.  Freak incident.  I have never seen something that looked so harmless be so traumatic.  Stuff like this reminds us just how fragile life can be.

I saw this as it happened.  Freak incident.  I have never seen something that looked so harmless be so traumatic.  Stuff like this reminds us just how fragile life can be.

Yeah it was real similar to the hit he took in the playoffs last year and he went down with an concussion. Just his head bumping against a guys chest. I didn't he was all that hurt then and I didn't think much about the hit he took this time until he hit his head on the floor and didn't move. I hope he gets better. Basketball is the least of the worries right now.

Archived