Auburn vs. Radford Game 3

Auburn takes the field today at 1:00 for the rubber game of this three game series. After losing a heartbreaker 8-6 in 13 innings in the first game, the Tigers rebounded yesterday after a big homer by Tony Caldwell and strong relief appearances by Andrew Morris (who made his Auburn debut yesterday and also picked up the win) and Sean Ray, who got his first career save. Auburn sends Derek Varnadore (1-0) to the mound today, who is coming off an absolutely spectacular outing last Sunday, where he threw 7 scoreless innings leading Auburn to a shutout win over UAB. See you at Plainsmen!

Here's today's lineup:

1. Justin Hargett - 2B

2. Creede Simpson - CF

3. Casey McElroy - SS

4. Tony Caldwell - C

5. Dan Gamache - DH

6. Kevin Patterson - 1B

7. Wes Gilmer - 3B

8. Cullen Wacker - LF

9. Justing Fradejas - RF

Derek Varnadore - P

Yeah Creeds has been absolutely huge so far. I like the lineup as well, but I'd like to see more of Zach Alvord. He's played well so far. I'm also a bit worried about Tony Caldwell still at catcher. Not only did he catch ALL 13 innings on Friday, but he also caught a few innings yesterday. Idk how much he's got left in his legs. But obviously the coaches know more than I do

Derek Varnadore carried a no-hitter through 5 1/3 innings and finished the afternoon by allowing just four base runners while striking out 13 in his complete game, 2-0 shutout victory over Radford on Sunday afternoon at Plainsman Park. The 13 strike outs were the most by an Auburn pitcher since Chris Bootcheck fanned 15 on March 6, 1999.

Derek Varnadore carried a no-hitter through 5 1/3 innings and finished the afternoon by allowing just four base runners while striking out 13 in his complete game, 2-0 shutout victory over Radford on Sunday afternoon at Plainsman Park. The 13 strike outs were the most by an Auburn pitcher since Chris Bootcheck fanned 15 on March 6, 1999.

Hello Friday night ACE!

Archived