One man team

El_Cid2001

Though I try not too get wrapped up in what all these "analysts" say about our former players.

I find it funny that Auburn was a one man team on both offense and defense this year according to those same "analysts".  Auburn would not have one the national championship (or even won more than 8 games) without either one.  Yet, neither of them are as good as advertised and aren't #1 draft potential.  It just shows their hypocrisy. 

You have to admit those two superstars led the way in taking us from a 8-5 team the year before to 14-0 national champs.

Yeah an 8-5 team that should have won 3 of the 5 losses.  An easier schedule and another year of experience probably wins those three games anyway.  No doubt we don't win it without Nick and Cam but to say we weren't still very good is wrong IMO.

They are top 10 picks of course.

I find it hilarious that Marcel Dareus is now predicted by Todd McShay to go #1 to the Panthers. (From what he said today on SportsCenter). It's funny how a silly performance at a Combine can totally nix what you've done compared to another player on the field in the same conference.

Nick Fairley was 10x the DT that Dareus was this past year.

Did someone forget that Cam was not very successful running the ball in every game. Dyer, MacCalebb, offensive line considered by many to be best in college football. A late interception against USCe, a game winning fieldgoal at KY. Cam and Nick would tell you team, family.

Did someone forget that Cam was not very successful running the ball in every game. Dyer, MacCalebb, offensive line considered by many to be best in college football. A late interception against USCe, a game winning fieldgoal at KY. Cam and Nick would tell you team, family.

cam and nick opened all that up for us, and kept us in all those games.

They are top 10 picks of course.

I find it hilarious that Marcel Dareus is now predicted by Todd McShay to go #1 to the Panthers. (From what he said today on SportsCenter). It's funny how a silly performance at a Combine can totally nix what you've done compared to another player on the field in the same conference.

Nick Fairley was 10x the DT that Dareus was this past year.

^^^^^ THIS

Fairley went up against everyone Dareus did, and he dominated every last one of them

cam and nick opened all that up for us, and kept us in all those games.

They were the vehicle, and the team was the fuel.

I don't care what team it is. You can take the 2 best players off of any team in the country incluiding Alabama and that team will loose 3 more games than what they actually lose. To say this only about Auburn makes no sense.

It takes a GREAT offensive line, and GREAT blocking for any QB to be successful in the SEC. Take that away from Cam, and he wouldn't be the Heisman winner. He knows that. Nick Fairley caused havoc among some very talented SEC offenses, and took out more than one QB. But he wasn't the only defensive player who made big plays, and helped AU win. He knows that too. Everyone on the team contributed all they had to make the whole team successful.

What some ESPN goober thinks about Cam and Nick is meaningless. The NFL doesn't make decisions based on what ESPN thinks.

The guys on the NFL network didn't think that Sunday. I heard them say (as they were raving about Fannin all day) that Cam had so many offensive weapons around him. They really would have been impressed if Zacharey was invited to the Combine. He would have put up better numbers than Coolio.

The guys on the NFL network didn't think that Sunday. I heard them say (as they were raving about Fannin all day) that Cam had so many offensive weapons around him. They really would have been impressed if Zacharey was invited to the Combine. He would have put up better numbers than Coolio.

Do you really believe that ?  It would seem to me if Terrell Zachery had that kind of ability he would have been invited.  He did a good job for us and I wish him the best, but he isn't in the same category as AJ or JJ.

I'm not trying to argue whether Auburn was a one man team or not.  Just that many of these same analysts thought so, but now the two players that made us a one man team (one each side of the ball) are not that great (according to them).  You can't have it both ways.  It is just ludicrous to change your mind now.  But it makes for good publicity and that's all the analysts care about.

Cam is an exceptional athlete.  Of course he will need a couple of years in the pros to realize his potential, but he will be amazing.  I hope my Panthers can pick him up, as long as they don't put too much on him early.

Fairley will be a franchise d-lineman.  More important than his athleticism or his size is his drive...you can NOT teach that drive to a player, it is instinct.  Nick will haunt NFL qbs for many years.  I would love for Carolina to pick him up too (if only they got 2 first round draft picks after this horrible season).

Do you really believe that ?  It would seem to me if Terrell Zachery had that kind of ability he would have been invited.  He did a good job for us and I wish him the best, but he isn't in the same category as AJ or JJ.

Yes, I do believe that. I saw him in high school, and he could jump out of a gym. He has a great verticle, and he would be in that low 4.4 high 4.3 forty time. Also check out some of his runs. He broke alot of tackles too. There are plenty of kids that don't get invited that could put up sick numbers at the Combine. I think Demond Washington would have put up really good numbers, aswell.

BSPN's hate of Auburn is obvious, though I really don't know why. Their survey question today on their college football page: Will Auburn make a bowl game without Cam Newton? Think about that in the context that we're the defending national champs and teams that go at least 6-6 are now bowl-eligible.

:pcprobs:

Archived