Lady Tigers Blow Big Lead In SEC Tourney

Really sad that the lady Bball team blew a big lead and lost to MSU ladies. Has Fortner coached her last AU game?? Sorry that Smalley SR yr had to go like it did, makes you wonder about WTH was going on behind the scenes-

I for one think Fortner has not proven anything lately. Hell, the Lady Tigers have been losing to a very bad Alabama team the last couple of years. Maybe AU needs to start looking for a new Lady Tiger head coach.

I really dont know what has happened to this program. I was really excited a few years back when they won the sec but since then it has been a steady decline. I think Fortner did a terrible job of coaching this year. this should have been a much better season and a chance to be at home in the NCAA. I agree that it may be time for a change. program seems to be moving backward not forward.

Two words- Dewanna Bonner. That has been the extent of the womens program in the recent past. Having 1 exceptional player worked for a year or two but reality has set in. I like Fortner though, not sure what to think of the program right now.

I don't think anyone really cares about Women's basketball at AU anymore.  (other than the die hard fans.)

I think this will keep Fortner's job safe for a while.  Look how long it took to get rid of Lebo and that was on the more highly visible Men's program.

:dunno:

Really bad sign that recent ALL-SEC teams only had Smalley listed on them, including 2nd team & Hon Mentions. I thought Fortner had recruited well?? Or is she not able to coach the talent better? Would guess there is something going on behind the scenes with these teamates that hurts their motivation.

I watched a couple of Lady Tiger games, and while I'm sure no expert....I think there's no real team leader, and the chemistry is not right. They just haven't gelled in the right way and they didn't seem to be having fun.

CNF maybe needs to recruit a few girls with spirit and leadership skills to get the spark ignited again. Ms. Bonner had that, and it lifted the whole team to a higher level.

Archived