Danger Zone... SEC TOURNEY.

guerra aguila

Im going to say this with a lot of confidence...

Nobody in the SEC wants to play Auburn first in the SEC Tournament.

They have nothing to lose and they are playing pretty good basketball right now.

Sure, they have lost a lot of the close ones, but they are still on the brink of 6-7 conference wins despite their record.

Most of you guys will probably disagree with me, and thats ok. Im just saying that Auburn will give somebody hell in this Tourney.

What do you guys think?

Flop?

Or can Auburn shock a team or two?

I think we can shock a team or two. We lost in the last seconds to both Bama and Arkansas. And we saw how we came back from being down 20 to Ole Miss to win that one. These kids have heart, and I think they are itching at the bits to upset someone big time in the tournament.

I could definitely see us winning the first one or two. This team has that "never give up" attitude, just like our football team did. If I was another SEC school, I'd much rather play a different team

If the question is can we win a game or 2 in the tourney, then yes, obviously there is always a chance- that goes for every team in the SEC. Would I bet the house on it? As good as i feel about the direction of the program overall, I would say no. We will still be very fortunate to pull a first round win against anyone we play IMO. Can't come back from 15 and 20 points very often. WDE.

I disagree.  I think just about everyone wants to play us.  Here is why:

Although we play inspired at times, our talent is very low.  Yes, any team can get inspired and rip out a win, but that is much more likely to happen when your team has a lot of talent.

Do not get me wrong...I am incredibly proud of our team and what they were able to accomplish.  I just know if I am to choose who I want to play in a tournament...the team with sub-par SEC talent, or one with even average SEC talent...I am going with the odds to beat the team I have a talent edge on.

Can we win a game in the SEC tourny?  I think we could, but it is highly unlikely as we will be matched against a top team.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

I disagree.  I think just about everyone wants to play us.  Here is why:

Although we play inspired at times, our talent is very low.  Yes, any team can get inspired and rip out a win, but that is much more likely to happen when your team has a lot of talent.

Do not get me wrong...I am incredibly proud of our team and what they were able to accomplish.   I just know if I am to choose who I want to play in a tournament...the team with sub-par SEC talent, or one with even average SEC talent...I am going with the odds to beat the team I have a talent edge on.

Can we win a game in the SEC tourny?  I think we could, but it is highly unlikely as we will be matched against a top team.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

I certainly see your points... and I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I think Auburn will be a team that will stretch the limits and end up scaring the heck out of somebody they shouldnt... perhaps an overtime game that exhausts a team like Vandy or Fla, and ultimately keeps them from winning the title.

If that particular team does win, it certainly wont be easy.

Yeah, if I line up all 12 SEC teams, AU and LSU are 1A and 1B on my list of teams I want to play.  There are several team in the SEC who are on the bubble and have something to play for.  I see the point about AU having nothing to lose, but usually talent will overcome emotion. 

Yeah, if I line up all 12 SEC teams, AU and LSU are 1A and 1B on my list of teams I want to play.  There are several team in the SEC who are on the bubble and have something to play for.  I see the point about AU having nothing to lose, but usually talent will overcome emotion. 

That was my point.  I think in the tourney, everyone is playing with emotion, unless they are already a lock for the NCAAs.    I hope we squeak one out, but I am already proud of what we have done this year.

ya i dont think we win a game.. the sec is a bad basketball league this year, but being on the bottom whoever we play is going to be a lot better than us.

ya i dont think we win a game.. the sec is a bad basketball league this year, but being on the bottom whoever we play is going to be a lot better than us.

on that particular day, they will have to play better than us.

Duke is possibly better than North Carolina, but they werent this past Saturday.

I think Auburn has a chance to beat anyone except for UK in which case Auburn has big brother syndrome against them and will get beaten by at least 10 points.  Auburn plays physical and that's why I think some teams would rather not play against them.

everyone in the sec might have more talent than we do, but we have better coaching than every school (yes, I believe Barbee is better than Cal), and this team is battle tested. We all saw what superior coaching and a fighting spirit can accomplish this football season. I'm not saying we're gonna win the tournament, or win at all, but I promise you no team is looking forward to playing us

Duke is possibly better than North Carolina, but they werent this past Saturday.

UNC has a lot of talent on its team, it wont be hard for a team to play better than us on any given day.

UNC has a lot of talent on its team, it wont be hard for a team to play better than us on any given day.

Perhaps your right, but we can beat anybody on any given day.

Its part of sports.

Not likely, but possible.

Keep the score in the fiftys and we have a good chance to beat anybody.  We dont shoot very well and we turn it over way too much.  Auburn has to crash the boards. We will play hard and I like our chances today. AUBURN 57 georgia 53                              :believe: :believe: :wedance::wareagle:

If Auburn plays defense like they did against the turds this last game then watch out. This team is a scrappy team and does not quit. It wouldn't surprise me if we won a few.

If Auburn plays defense like they did against the turds this last game then watch out. This team is a scrappy team and does not quit. It wouldn't surprise me if we won a few.

I think we have a shot at beating Georgia.  They play somewhat inconsistent at times, but are playing for their NCAA tournament lives.  Georgia needs to win this game and then their game with bama would basically be for a spot in the big dance.  Therefore, they should be highly motivated, and it will take our best game of the year to win.  There is a very slim chance we win more than one.  I would love to see it happen, but the deeper into a tournament you get, the harder it is for the underdog to keep winning.  I will be watching today and cheering on our men, War Eagle.

Archived