Replacement of the scholarships lost

TeBoneAU

I don't know if the topic has already been explained but when or if can the schollys be used from all the

unexpected players :banghead: that will not be with the team be giving to someone else?

Can a walk-on now be awarded one of the schollys or a recruit that has yet to sign with a team this year?

Teams will typically reward senior walk on players with a scholarship, if they have any available since they will open right back up again.  It would not make sense to sign a new freshman at this stage as the top recruits have all signed.  Also with our current numbers situation we are already going to have a small signing class next year, as I do not think that our coaches are going to be like  :devil: and oversign...

:wareagle:

Well don't know all the rules and numbers but we lost 23 seniors, 3 juniors, and 5 have been dismissed from the team, so that gives us 31* gone since Jan 2011. We signed 24 for the 2011 class. So that would give us -7* from the last roster. Might be missing some others +/-. (no idea about walk-on numbers)

Scholarships are given out once a year and I know that Chizik and Coaches will make the right call on who gets the 85 scholarships for 2011/2012 school year.

*Corrected my count

We also lost Ralph Spry and Derek Winter. So that is 32 players lost, right?

Wade Christopher is not returning to the team either.

That is the biggest loss of all.  We will no longer be able to inspire the fear we once did without wade suiting up. :aufb:

Was not aware of those other 3, when did they leave?

How did we get back into a rebuilding scenario so fast? I knew we were going to have to go to a lot of young guys this year, some admittedly with playing time last year, but I didn't realize we only have 3 starters on O and 3 on D returning?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/dismissal_of_four_players_foll.html

How did we get back into a rebuilding scenario so fast? I knew we were going to have to go to a lot of young guys this year, some admittedly with playing time last year, but I didn't realize we only have 3 starters on O and 3 on D returning?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/dismissal_of_four_players_foll.html

We had a big senior class we capitalized on, 2 top 10 draft pick juniors, another junior with kids to feed, others like winter who graduated from school to real life, and five morons who can't do simple things.  Such as don't beat your girlfriend and don't rob people.  Plus tubbs last 2 recruiting classes really were high on attriton.  We were going to be young this year one way or another these 2 incidents just makes us that much younger.

Yeah Mike McNeil was one of few seniors next year. Thats just one more young guy into the line up, which figures to be Mincy or Davis at CB. This leaves us w/ Eltoro and Thorpe on defense, and Carr, Mosely, and Greene on offense.

Notice none of them are extrmely high profile to go to the NFL next year. We will need a lot of leadership to come from our best young guys.

Looking at the positive next year will get our young guys more experience for 2012 when we should make another run at a title. 2011 was going to be a rebuilding year anyway. We still have enough talent to be dangerous in 2011 and make a bowl.

I don't know if the topic has already been explained but when or if can the schollys be used from all the

unexpected players :banghead: that will not be with the team be giving to someone else?

Can a walk-on now be awarded one of the schollys or a recruit that has yet to sign with a team this year?

^^^^^^^^

Does anyone have the answers?

^^^^^^^^

Does anyone have the answers?

It's been answered in other threads. Auburn won't sign a recruit that hasn't signed anywhere already for the Class of '11. And they'll award the scholarships to Sr. Walk-On's so that those scholarships will open back up next year.

SuperNova, we also lost Derek Winter.

So if you count Ralph, Derek, and Wade we have lost 34 since the last roster. Signed 24 for the 2011 class so that would give us -10 of a difference from last season's roster. (not counting addition of walk-on's for 2011)

Right? Wrong?... Close?  :dunno:

Thanks

Are there no long, lost, missing, JUCO studs out there wishing for a new home that we could entice?

Are there no long, lost, missing, JUCO studs out there wishing for a new home that we could entice?

That's the answer.  We have room for 4 JUCO signees, plus whatever the 2012 signing class brings in.

Archived