Calloway update

weegleweegle

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

Don't condemn Lee just yet people.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

Funny, I've got my suspicions of a couple multi-hundred post contributors that are still on the boards.

You know who you are....  ;)  ;D

Yes, it is going to be quite interesting to see how this BC things plays out. Looks like there is it at least the potential for some solid evidence in this case.    ;D

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I see here is that we all know the turds are up to no good and have been doing this for years.  I for one am happy Lee is at least trying to fight back.  It really has gotten out of hand people.  The arrogance of the turd nation is mind boggling.

You got that right......over on Turdsquirts.com right now they are saying J Lee is waiving the white flag with this new article.

Right Turdles..... JLee surrenders.....  He said there are more articles to come.  Throwing in the white flag means he shuts up forever.  JLee is playing it nicely, and when he is done, tears will be shed.  Tears of joy for me obviously.

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

Funny, I've got my suspicions of a couple multi-hundred post contributors that are still on the boards.

Yes, it is going to be quite interesting to see how this BC things plays out. Looks like there is it at least the potential for some solid evidence in this case.    ;D

Sorry, you're not on the list of potentials  ;D

I happen to enjoy your debate (at least some of the time  ;))

Did I miss something? That article is nothing but describing how he decommitted from Alabama to commit to Auburn and then suddenly switched his mind on signing day. Nothing about mortgages or any other type of payments. The article mostly wants the reader to feel sorry for the kid for basically being forced into signing with Bama. But nothing of violations.

re-read the last paragraph and tell me what is wrong with the quotes.

This isn't the same situation as Cam's mysterious "money was too much" phone call quotes, but neither is real evidence for the same reasons.  "Messing everything up" could mean many things.  

Personally, I think this is a controlled release of info from Lee.  I for one have a wait and see attitude.

But, there is enough "weirdness" around this to get the NCAA sniffing, in my opinion.  

1.  Peaches and his habit of adopting high school athletes (specifically).  Are all the kids in need in Russellville just athletes???  Probably not.

2.  A CEO of a petroleum co has been "family friends for years" with Peaches?  

3.  Said CEO out of the kindness of his heart (taking time off work and at his expense) whisking Brent off to Pcola for the few days before signing day?  Wonder if they got the same suite Mike Price stayed in....:)

4.  Just the overall switch from Calloway.  The kid was receiving death threats from Bama fans, for Pete's sake.  He said repeatedly and publically he was 100% committed to Auburn.  

All of it stinks if you ask me.

Keep in mind that Brent transferred from Florence to Russellville. 

So are you saying that Alabama had their eye on him from very early on and had Peaches adopt him to get him into the system. Do you believe that the reason that Peaches and Woodruff have known each other for so long is because they have been helping kids in this way for a long time? Would love to see a list of kids that he has adopted and see where they ended up.

No, I don't think that at all...but I do think that Peaches tends to be drawn to kids who are athletes and takes them in. All the kids he has "adopted" were athletes, male, and all went on to college on athletic scholarships.   I don't know how much "potential" BC had in the 8th grade, but I am sure he was involved in athletics.  Take the kid in, get him in Russellville to be coached up...then barter deals with universities during his recruitment.

I just felt a chill. Hell may have frozen over. :o:laugh:

Happened when it was 18 degrees with ice/snow in Ttown on the day AU won the MNC... new ball game in this state since then... :laugh::thumbsup::laugh:

Well played by JLee to let the turd investigators issue a statement saying they have found nothing and then Lee names people in this article. You couldn't drive a ten-penny nail in any of those turd compliance people right now!  :laugh::bow:

others are digging now:

*EDIT: Link Removed

not a fan of the guy, but he can sling mud with the best of them

Did I miss something? That article is nothing but describing how he decommitted from Alabama to commit to Auburn and then suddenly switched his mind on signing day. Nothing about mortgages or any other type of payments. The article mostly wants the reader to feel sorry for the kid for basically being forced into signing with Bama. But nothing of violations.

Woodruff paying for a two room suite would have to be considered "impermissable benefits". BC had to eat for those two days also. I am sure not one dime came out of BC's or Peaches pockets. I may be wrong, but I think I read Woodruff say the other day that he is not a bama grad, booster, or ever even bought a ticket to a football game. In this article Stancil said Woodruff took BC to almost every bama home game his junior year. There is so many lies and examples of deceit in this situation. Some people think there may not be much smoke, but there seems to be a lot of fire.

I know nothing about J. Lee but give him credit, he doesn't just vaguely refer to his "sources" like all the crap we had to stomach about Cam from the national press.   Lee has the courage to name names and quote people who are close to the situation and if Lee is wrong, several people  must come forward and challenge Lee's version.   There are usually at least two sides to most stories but in Lee's story, the actions of people who should have had Calloway's best interest at heart are just reprehensible.    Watching ESPN at this moment and NOTHING about this story.....big surprise I guess.

It's so bad on Finebaum - the screeners will not put any calls through to discuss this!!!! hmmm

They'd do this for the Calloway situation but they wouldn't dare do that for the Cam situation... Hmm how odd.

others are digging now:

*EDIT: Link Removed

not a fan of the guy, but he can sling mud with the best of them

I think that article is starting to paint a pretty good picture of what is going on.

Sorry, you're not on the list of potentials  ;D

I happen to enjoy your debate (at least some of the time  ;))

WHEW! I am so relieved to hear that my cover has not been blown. :-)

I am glad you enjoy, even if only some of the time.  

Thanks for the nice words.

I think some of us are tmissing the point. This is not about house payments(yet if they occured). This is about whether these same opportunities were available to all the universities that were recruiting Brent Calloway. If Mr. Woodruf was available to take Brent to all 3 of his ua  visits then what about the AU visits or FSU etc. When he needed to decide he was taken to Florida to a suite for 2 days then this sounds like the Dareus suspension. Under what pretense was he taken to Florida? Why was he not allowed to talk to the AU coaches? Was there equal opportunity or was there a specific benefactor. To me this is extremely damning and the very reason why ua tried to distance itself from Woodruf.  

And snowball continues to build.  It's still not enough to convict them, but it's starting to gain some momentum heading down the mountain.

The thing about taking calloway to florida reminds me of something that happened a long time ago. UAT was in a serious recruiting battle with UAB for Enis Whatley. Gene Bartow thought he had him all but signed when, all of a sudden, they could not make contact with him. Turns out the bammers had him locked up in a motel where Bartow couldn't find him. He ended up signing with you know who. I wonder if anyone else remembers that one.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this isn't about BC, but Jeff is using BC's recruitment to paint a picture of how Bama does business. Would not surprise me is Jeff eventually brings other recruits into the picture to paint a picture of systematic cheating. If he can show that this same type situation has happened on previous occasions then Bama has a major problem. He may be trying to out the REC.

Can someone post the Jeff Lee article, or XXX article on tiggerdroppings and dawgrant. hasn't make it there yet.

Both were up there an hour ago...

Guys, this could very well explain why we only took 1 RB this past class.  I bet the coaches had BC penciled in, but they never heard back from him when he was kidnapped to FL.  Just a thought.  

I think you are right.

I really think they wanted another  RB, and the great thing about BC is that he could also help us at LB.

He was one I was really tickled to have commit and really disappointed when he switched his commitment back to UAT.

Archived