Calloway update

weegleweegle

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that JLee has the goods and hopefully his info is already in the hands of the NCAA.  The problem as I see it is that the people involved will have to talk for anything to be done.  The NCAA can not require them to talk.  

Full pockets will close the mouths of those involved.  Somebody will have to be real POed about what has gone on to talk.   And then they may, strangely, fall up the stairs while eating a salad.    

Any chance BC could be that guy?  I could honestly see him being pissed enough before this broke to talk, but not wanting to enter the circus now, if he hasn't already.

No way BC talks now.  If he tells what he knows, then he is guilty of knowing about the violations, therefore making him ineligible to play at any NCAA institution. 

I couldn't agree more.  I think BC may be the one talking. We heard on this board that he was regretting signing with bama days after it happened.

I believe that JLee has the goods and hopefully his info is already in the hands of the NCAA.  The problem as I see it is that the people involved will have to talk for anything to be done.  The NCAA can not require them to talk.  

Full pockets will close the mouths of those involved.  Somebody will have to be real POed about what has gone on to talk.   And then they may, strangely, fall up the stairs while eating a salad.    

Any chance BC could be that guy?  I could honestly see him being pissed enough before this broke to talk, but not wanting to enter the circus now, if he hasn't already.

No way BC talks now.  If he tells what he knows, then he is guilty of knowing about the violations, therefore making him ineligible to play at any NCAA institution. 

Unprecedented coercion.

Todd, in your blog you forgot that a similar thing happened with Cyrus Kouandjio.  His family was visibly upset when he committed to Auburn University on that stage.  He then flipped over to UAT shortly afterward. 

For all we know these players swapping to Auburn may have just been a bargaining tool to show they would go somewhere else if they didn't get what they wanted.

"Todd, in your blog you forgot that a similar thing happened with Cyrus Kouandjio.  His family was visibly upset when he committed to Auburn University on that stage.  He then flipped over to UAT shortly afterward. "

Another story for another day, indeed. That kid got the Bammer Rail Road also.

I am not 100% sure I agree with that. If BC wanted to talk and come clean, I think the NCAA has it within their authority to grant him amnesty or immunity if he cooperates.  However, he would need to tread lightly and let a good lawyer work the deal for him.

I do think he would be ineligible to play at UAT.

I am not 100% sure I agree with that. If BC wanted to talk and come clean, I think the NCAA has it within their authority to grant him amnesty or immunity if he cooperates.  However, he would need to tread lightly and let a good lawyer work the deal for him.

I do think he would be ineligible to play at UAT.

It is very possible he could make a deal with the NCAA to "roll" on the turds. 

Guys, I strongly suggest two things here: Patience and unified support for Jeff Lee. Coming forward with this will not (has not) been easy for him I would guess. As a long time AU alum with two generations of alums before me, I have long seen what the updyke nation is capable of. They will go to extremes no rational person would consider and do everything imaginable (and unimaginable) to bring Lee down and attack him. We have seen it with John Thrower and Jelks, Phil Fulmer, Means and Logan Young, etc. The gumps are mentally unhinged. Their life revolves around bama football as it is where they derive a lot of their self worth as people (as pitiful as that is). They thought AU would roll over and die after Saban arrived and the thrashing we took a couple of years ago in turdville. Well, that didn't happen and they have really gone off the deep end. Their endless attacks on Cam and everything AU the past several months have been beyond belief because they are just that mentally unhinged. Their entire selfworth seems to be in doubt as they either accept AU is their equal or their better and they can't handle it. We have taken it and taken it for months. Now one of our own has stood up. I for one am all the way behind Lee and we all should be.

Nothing bad will come of this for AU. I find it hard to believe some have implied this could be embarrassing to AU in anyway whatsoever. We need to be on the attack and it is high time to do what we can (or support those that do) to expose the most egregious cheaters in the history of college football. Maybe Lee has or will get the hard evidence to back up the claims about the mortgage, etc. Maybe he will not. One thing is certain however, the Calloway recruitment by bama was extremely dirty and exposing it is nothing but a good thing.

War Eagle

Amen brother ! I am giving you a mental high-five right now.

War Eagle !

See isnt it amazing what a little patients will do....Now, for those that doubted JLee and said he was doing it 'to get subscriptions' he posted this story for Free.....I would recommend everyone sitting back and watching this play out.  There is no BOOM yet but I will say the fuse is lit and flickering pretty bright......

We all know without a doubt they cheat... J Lee seems to be baiting them. I would bet the next article will have validation of the Camaro that was driven to school de bunking the principles I monitor the parking lot everyday comment.

I believe J Lee has something and is slowly letting it out. He would be the only safe journalist to do this - how manny Bammers are gonna cancel their Auburn Rivals account? Can you imagine the cancelled subscriptions threats that any newspaper outlets would receive - papers are in enough trouble and can not afford the loss. How many of us threatened to or actually cancelled papers or HBO in the past 6 months.

I would not be suprised if the newspaper journalist were sharing info with J Lee. If enough info gets out, you will see this go mainstream... May take time though.

The way I see it is J Lee 2 - Bammers 0. Look for a major disinformation rush by Bama or even a distraction story to try to get this slow burn ignored.

War Eagle

It was my understanding when Cam's name was being dragged through the mud that it was an SEC addendum to the NCAAA: that if any athlete was being shopped or additional benefits were asked for, or extra benefits were received, and the athlete knew it, he would be ineligible at any other SEC School.

Going back to the Turds and Albert Means.....he was ineligible at Tuscaloser, ended up playing at Memphis, out of the SEC.  But still played Div I College Football.

I hope the Turds get what's hopefully coming to them.  Hate it for BC.  Give 'em hell Jeff Lee.

The thing about taking calloway to florida reminds me of something that happened a long time ago. UAT was in a serious recruiting battle with UAB for Enis Whatley. Gene Bartow thought he had him all but signed when, all of a sudden, they could not make contact with him. Turns out the bammers had him locked up in a motel where Bartow couldn't find him. He ended up signing with you know who. I wonder if anyone else remembers that one.

I think you mean Watson Brown.  Gene was UAB's basketball coach.

Absolutely not. I mean Gene Bartow. This was many years before Brown  was even head coach at Vandy. Enis Whatley was a highly recruited point guard who committed  to UAB, then disappeared and resurfaced only to sign with UAT.

You are correct, king

Okay guys...I already admitted that I was in the wrong here...my mind's been too focused on football lately and when I think of recruiting violations I usually think of it within one sport since it's not that often you have multiple sports at the same school going way outside the lines. Honest mistake and I have no problem owning up to it

Not a problem. The Whatley thing happened thirty years ago. Heck, it seems like it was just yesterday. That was when sanderson was coach at UAT. There has been very bad blood between the two programs since UAB started  their basketball team. Gene Bartow built a fine program in spite of being opposed by UAT every step of the way. the Whatley thing was what really opened my eyes to the garbage those slime were capable of.

It was my understanding when Cam's name was being dragged through the mud that it was an SEC addendum to the NCAAA: that if any athlete was being shopped or additional benefits were asked for, or extra benefits were received, and the athlete knew it, he would be ineligible at any other SEC School.

Going back to the Turds and Albert Means.....he was ineligible at Tuscaloser, ended up playing at Memphis, out of the SEC.  But still played Div I College Football.

I hope the Turds get what's hopefully coming to them.  Hate it for BC.  Give 'em hell Jeff Lee.

I think means was OK because he never knew what was going on in that deal either. I believe he could have played anywhere in SEC except UAT.

The ironic Part is that Albert means' high school coach was offered free tuition for his wife to attend memphis state law school, so he would push mean to Memphis.

The coach turned memphis  down as the bammer booster offered cash and more of it.

After the bammer booster mess blew up, means was released and ineligible  to play there,  he enrolled and played at memphis state!!!

JLee, keep chopping wood brother. 

In all of the pleasure that I am getting from UA being on the defensive for change,  I am just as sad for Brent.  How bad must he feel that his own family has abandoned him, forsaken him, sold him.  I have to believe that this behavior is also part of the reason that he was drawn to the family atmosphere at Auburn.  I hope this 17 year old young man has someone with integrity that he can turn to in this difficult time.  Prayers go out to the young man tonight. 

I really do think that you guys and gals missed an important part off of this link. http://www.therealistnation.blogspot.com/. Yahoo Sports were the ones who drooped USC on it's head. That lead to their probation. If Yahoo breaks a story then all heck will break loose. Yahoo Sports is highly thought of and if they say it then people will listen. Excerpt from the article below.

One nugget sent to me from a source claims that Senior Investigative Writer from Yahoo, Charles Robinson, may or has been looking into this story. This cut from an email forwarded to The Realist Nation proves that to be true:

Thanks, ********* We've been looking at Woodruff for some time. Definitely some connections to the kid and Peaches, but nothing that we can prove financially. If you have more details, let me know.

- Charles

Charles Robinson

Senior Investigative Writer

Yahoo Sports***********

Archived