Calloway update

weegleweegle

So you have a wealthy "fan" who 1) never attended the university, 2) doesn't make donations to the university, 3) doesn't buy season tickets who makes contact (therefore a "relationship") with promising athletes in the area prior to high school.  He in turn has relationships with people in friendly territory willing to adopt young athletes to "help" them out.    So, everybody is a "friend" of the athlete and nobody is a "booster".

Sounds like the (almost) perfect student-athlete laundering scheme.

It is almost perfect because they've been doing it for years, and it's systemized. They have a network in place.

It's "The Process"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They will pull out that woe is me card before its over. Saban will be at the pound adopting puppies and saying how awesome he is.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I strongly suggest two things here: Patience and unified support for Jeff Lee. Coming forward with this will not (has not) been easy for him I would guess. As a long time AU alum with two generations of alums before me, I have long seen what the updyke nation is capable of. They will go to extremes no rational person would consider and do everything imaginable (and unimaginable) to bring Lee down and attack him. We have seen it with John Thrower and Jelks, Phil Fulmer, Means and Logan Young, etc. The gumps are mentally unhinged. Their life revolves around bama football as it is where they derive a lot of their self worth as people (as pitiful as that is). They thought AU would roll over and die after Saban arrived and the thrashing we took a couple of years ago in turdville. Well, that didn't happen and they have really gone off the deep end. Their endless attacks on Cam and everything AU the past several months have been beyond belief because they are just that mentally unhinged. Their entire selfworth seems to be in doubt as they either accept AU is their equal or their better and they can't handle it. We have taken it and taken it for months. Now one of our own has stood up. I for one am all the way behind Lee and we all should be.

Nothing bad will come of this for AU. I find it hard to believe some have implied this could be embarrassing to AU in anyway whatsoever. We need to be on the attack and it is high time to do what we can (or support those that do) to expose the most egregious cheaters in the history of college football. Maybe Lee has or will get the hard evidence to back up the claims about the mortgage, etc. Maybe he will not. One thing is certain however, the Calloway recruitment by bama was extremely dirty and exposing it is nothing but a good thing.

War Eagle

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

So you have a wealthy "fan" who 1) never attended the university, 2) doesn't make donations to the university, 3) doesn't buy season tickets who makes contact (therefore a "relationship") with promising athletes in the area prior to high school.  He in turn has relationships with people in friendly territory willing to adopt young athletes to "help" them out.    So, everybody is a "friend" of the athlete and nobody is a "booster".

Sounds like the (almost) perfect student-athlete laundering scheme.

It is almost perfect because they've been doing it for years, and it's systemized. They have a network in place.

It's "The Process"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They will pull out that woe is me card before its over. Saban will be at the pound adopting puppies and saying how awesome he is.

baahaaaaaa

I stand behind JL 110% and I hope he has the goods to back up the story.  Bottom line is this kid wanted to come to AU and was railroaded into going to UAT.    I wish nothing but the worst for the turds and hope they get brought DOWN. 

The thing about taking calloway to florida reminds me of something that happened a long time ago. UAT was in a serious recruiting battle with UAB for Enis Whatley. Gene Bartow thought he had him all but signed when, all of a sudden, they could not make contact with him. Turns out the bammers had him locked up in a motel where Bartow couldn't find him. He ended up signing with you know who. I wonder if anyone else remembers that one.

I think you mean Watson Brown.  Gene was UAB's basketball coach.

Absolutely not. I mean Gene Bartow. This was many years before Brown  was even head coach at Vandy. Enis Whatley was a highly recruited point guard who committed  to UAB, then disappeared and resurfaced only to sign with UAT.

I stand behind JL 110% and I hope he has the goods to back up the story.

^^ This ^^

i stand behind him IF he has the goods to back up the story, so far im not sure.

I stand behind JL 110% and I hope he has the goods to back up the story.

^^ This ^^

i stand behind him IF he has the goods to back up the story, so far im not sure.

Part of what he said has ALREADY been backed up. Goodwin going on record today backed up much of what he said about a "supporter" of bama taking him away and practically coercing him (along with Peaches) to sign with Bama. Peaches must truly be a total a**. Bama has more depth at LB than any team in the country. He screwed his adopted son so badly, it is hard to comprehend just how selfish Peaches truly is. It is pretty obvious he only cares about two things in life: himself and turd football. It is pathetic.

Can Lee produce mortgage records (that is about all that is possible as proving Calloway was promised X amount per month at Bama and given $2500 is practically impossible)? Who knows. Maybe he cannot. BUT if it becomes apparent the NCAA is interested in considering Winston a booster, that may be all that is needed. Common sense says the following:

1. Winston is a turd booster

2. Winston likely provided impermissable benefits and definitely unduly influenced and became involved in Calloway reruitment and commitment to bama.

#2 is grounds for sanctions if #1 is shown. #1 is not much of a leap from what I believe can (or should) be concluded.

Guys, I strongly suggest two things here: Patience and unified support for Jeff Lee. Coming forward with this will not (has not) been easy for him I would guess. As a long time AU alum with two generations of alums before me, I have long seen what the updyke nation is capable of. They will go to extremes no rational person would consider and do everything imaginable (and unimaginable) to bring Lee down and attack him. We have seen it with John Thrower and Jelks, Phil Fulmer, Means and Logan Young, etc. The gumps are mentally unhinged. Their life revolves around bama football as it is where they derive a lot of their self worth as people (as pitiful as that is). They thought AU would roll over and die after Saban arrived and the thrashing we took a couple of years ago in turdville. Well, that didn't happen and they have really gone off the deep end. Their endless attacks on Cam and everything AU the past several months have been beyond belief because they are just that mentally unhinged. Their entire selfworth seems to be in doubt as they either accept AU is their equal or their better and they can't handle it. We have taken it and taken it for months. Now one of our own has stood up. I for one am all the way behind Lee and we all should be.

Nothing bad will come of this for AU. I find it hard to believe some have implied this could be embarrassing to AU in anyway whatsoever. We need to be on the attack and it is high time to do what we can (or support those that do) to expose the most egregious cheaters in the history of college football. Maybe Lee has or will get the hard evidence to back up the claims about the mortgage, etc. Maybe he will not. One thing is certain however, the Calloway recruitment by bama was extremely dirty and exposing it is nothing but a good thing.

War Eagle

First off, welcome to the board. Secondly, awesome post. Totally agree.

The thing about taking calloway to florida reminds me of something that happened a long time ago. UAT was in a serious recruiting battle with UAB for Enis Whatley. Gene Bartow thought he had him all but signed when, all of a sudden, they could not make contact with him. Turns out the bammers had him locked up in a motel where Bartow couldn't find him. He ended up signing with you know who. I wonder if anyone else remembers that one.

Absolutely not. I mean Gene Bartow. This was many years before Brown  was even head coach at Vandy. Enis Whatley was a highly recruited point guard who committed  to UAB, then disappeared and resurfaced only to sign with UAT.

You are correct, king

War Eagle

Welcome and great post.  Also, I would strongly suggest to anybody unfortunate enough to be in the Tuscaloosa are in the near future, do not stand in front of the fan. 

it is my very uninformed opinion,by looking at what has been written so far,that jeffrey lee has bammer by the balls....they don't know what he has,and they have spoken out of turn and incriminated themselves....its early,but i think lee has more and will slowly bring it out....anybody remember donald watkins and eric ramsey/....lessons were learned from that folks

it is my very uninformed opinion,by looking at what has been written so far,that jeffrey lee has bammer by the balls....they don't know what he has,and they have spoken out of turn and incriminated themselves....its early,but i think lee has more and will slowly bring it out....anybody remember donald watkins and eric ramsey/....lessons were learned from that folks

bama definitely named the people JLee did not.

War Eagle

Welcome and great post.   Also, I would strongly suggest to anybody unfortunate enough to be in the Tuscaloosa are in the near future, do not stand in front of the fan. 

Thanks. I plan to become more active and contribute more on this board when I have more time and less demands at work, but I wanted to express myself as to this current situation. I do not believe Lee is out on a limb here and believe this is a unified effort with others, and a worthy one. We need to present a unified front like we did last year with our team and staff. The AU fanbase has been more united than maybe anytime I can remember over the past year and a half (maybe even moreso than under Dye) and it has felt good even as we were attacked by the updykes and others. It is impressive how strong we are (AU fanbase) when we are on the same page. And we need to be on Lee's page right now.

You are correct, king

Okay guys...I already admitted that I was in the wrong here...my mind's been too focused on football lately and when I think of recruiting violations I usually think of it within one sport since it's not that often you have multiple sports at the same school going way outside the lines. Honest mistake and I have no problem owning up to it

War Eagle

Well said!!!  War Eagle!!!

Enough is enough and I don't understand for the life of me why more in the Auburn Family don't feel this way. That bunch of trash has been kicking us in the gut every chance they have gotten for my four plus decades of life. I am glad to see a journalist on our side finally stepping up and calling a spade a spade.

au83, i dont think anyone doubted the story about woodruff taking him away for 2 days. the people on this board knew he went missing during that time. that can be spun different ways. its the payment and promise of monthly payment that he needs to either prove or reveal his source. the car seems impossible to prove that it was bought for brent, used car dealers are by nature crooked.however i dont think the principle monitered the parking lot every day either. so far the only thing that can be proven is that peaches actually has a mortgage. ive heard he says he doesnt. if this is true j lee is not gonna have much credibility. not trying to be against j lee just being cautious about what i believe.

I believe JLee is slowly giving bammer rope so they will hang themselves. He put something out there and they incriminated themselves very quickly. Bammers compliance trip to R'Ville wasn't an investigation, it was a "shut your mouth if you know what is good for you." trip. I think the stuff he released so far is the least of what he has. I think he will keep releasing just enough until he catches them in a lie that they cannot get out of and then they are going to get destroyed by the NCAA. I believe this is a well thought out plan by Lee and his colleagues. Brilliant.

I think it is reasonable to believe that Jeff Lee spoke with someone from Auburn's compliance office and displayed his information that he had.  At that point there was a plan hatched out on how to go about presenting the information to the public.  The first step worked in a quick ridiculous investigation by UAT, which was expected.  Step two, show some reason to doubt their investigation.  Now the ball is UAT's court... :dunno: :dunno:

:believe:

I believe that JLee has the goods and hopefully his info is already in the hands of the NCAA.  The problem as I see it is that the people involved will have to talk for anything to be done.  The NCAA can not require them to talk.  

Full pockets will close the mouths of those involved.  Somebody will have to be real POed about what has gone on to talk.   And then they may, strangely, fall up the stairs while eating a salad.    

Earl is involved?

I thought it, but wasn't gonna be mean enough to say it.  Tell him to say hi to Alvin and the guys if you see him.

I believe that JLee has the goods and hopefully his info is already in the hands of the NCAA.  The problem as I see it is that the people involved will have to talk for anything to be done.  The NCAA can not require them to talk.  

Full pockets will close the mouths of those involved.  Somebody will have to be real POed about what has gone on to talk.   And then they may, strangely, fall up the stairs while eating a salad.    

Any chance BC could be that guy?  I could honestly see him being pissed enough before this broke to talk, but not wanting to enter the circus now, if he hasn't already.

Archived