Calloway update

weegleweegle

By waiting until after Bama's "36 hour" investigation to ramp up the story, Lee has left the Bama administration with very few, if any PR options.  They already played their hand, and if the NCAA is interested in where this smoke is coming from they will have to investigate it themselves.  Asking Bama to investigate seems to be no longer an option.

I assume the NCAA will be very interested in this situation because there is possibly a case of a recruit being forced towards a school by all the adults in his life.  Regardless of whether there were any extra benefits for Peaches, I don't think the NCAA wants to see behavior like this continue.  It will come down to what the NCAA sees as an acceptable amount of influence by parents and guardians, and if they can draw a verifiable line between acceptable influence and unacceptable influence.  If Calloway every comes out and says it was totally his decision, without proof of benefits that will be the end of the story.

There is also the use of these "supporters" that the NCAA has to see as a major slap in their face.  Schools can easily "protect" the relationship between certain rich fans and the school by making sure their fandom isn't on record (there is no record of them purchasing tickets.... but they've been to every game).  I'm sure Bama has an army of these guys, and the NCAA has to know it.  For Bama to proudly stand behind this technicality and continue to abuse it I hope makes them a tasty target for the NCAA.

Here's what I think happens... after some behind the scenes wrangling with the NCAA, Bama releases Calloway from his LOI and he is free to enroll anywhere else with no penalty.  Also, Woodruff is disassociated from their program.  That is probably the best scenario for us.  I don't think it will get any uglier than that for Bama.

You do wonder how he can be friends with the entire football team and not be a booster.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

Don't condemn Lee just yet people.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

I dont trust anyone.....well at least ones I dont see on here everyday talking back and forth. I have my foil hat on and I am ready!!!

Don't worry, magnum will be here to debunk you soon :hellyeah:

I ordered a pair of foil boxer briefs today just to be safe!!!

HAHA...I hear ya on that being debunked

Did I miss something? That article is nothing but describing how he decommitted from Alabama to commit to Auburn and then suddenly switched his mind on signing day. Nothing about mortgages or any other type of payments. The article mostly wants the reader to feel sorry for the kid for basically being forced into signing with Bama. But nothing of violations.

Woodruff may not be a UAT booster just as the old dude from Athens with the fishing boat and computers was not a UAT booster.  But I assure you there is a trail from these two guys that leads to very solid UAT boosters.  This is an old UAT trick that has been going on for years.  These guys are being paid well to do the dirty work.   Although, I doubt it shows up in their bank accounts.  

I just can't wrap my head around why "Peaches" was so hell bent on Calloway being out of town, talking to no one, and signing with the tahd w/o out some serious motivations.  

Another thing, how can a man allow folks to call him "Peaches".  

Woodruff may not be a UAT booster just as the old dude from Athens with the fishing boat and computers was not a UAT booster.  But I assure you there is a trail from these two guys that leads to very solid UAT boosters.  This is an old UAT trick that has been going on for years.  These guys are being paid well to do the dirty work.   Although, I doubt it shows up in their bank accounts.  

I believe that Woodruff would spend the weekend in FL with just any kid, not just ones that have 5 stars. Right.

Personally, I think this is a controlled release of info from Lee.  I for one have a wait and see attitude.

But, there is enough "weirdness" around this to get the NCAA sniffing, in my opinion.  

1.  Peaches and his habit of adopting high school athletes (specifically).  Are all the kids in need in Russellville just athletes???  Probably not.

2.  A CEO of a petroleum co has been "family friends for years" with Peaches?  

3.  Said CEO out of the kindness of his heart (taking time off work and at his expense) whisking Brent off to Pcola for the few days before signing day?  Wonder if they got the same suite Mike Price stayed in....:)

4.  Just the overall switch from Calloway.  The kid was receiving death threats from Bama fans, for Pete's sake.  He said repeatedly and publically he was 100% committed to Auburn.  

All of it stinks if you ask me.

Personally, I think this is a controlled release of info from Lee.  I for one have a wait and see attitude.

But, there is enough "weirdness" around this to get the NCAA sniffing, in my opinion.  

1.  Peaches and his habit of adopting high school athletes (specifically).  Are all the kids in need in Russellville just athletes???  Probably not.

3.  Said CEO out of the kindness of his heart (taking time off work and at his expense) whisking Brent off to Pcola for the few days before signing day?  Wonder if they got the same suite Mike Price stayed in....:)

4.  Just the overall switch from Calloway.  The kid was receiving death threats from Bama fans, for Pete's sake.  He said repeatedly and publically he was 100% committed to Auburn.  

I agree that this is a controled release. I think Jeff is building a foundation.

Thanks for that link. Very interesting read. Sounds as fishy today as it always has, maybe even more fishy listening to his former HC.

Keep in mind that Brent transferred from Florence to Russellville. 

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

I dont trust anyone.....well at least ones I dont see on here everyday talking back and forth. I have my foil hat on and I am ready!!!

You can call me what you want but its sad to me that I would have to believe in Jeffrey Lee to be an Auburn fan.

So are you saying that Alabama had their eye on him from very early on and had Peaches adopt him to get him into the system. Do you believe that the reason that Peaches and Woodruff have known each other for so long is because they have been helping kids in this way for a long time? Would love to see a list of kids that he has adopted and see where they ended up.

Funny, I've got my suspicions of a couple multi-hundred post contributors that are still on the boards.

You know who you are....  ;)  ;D

It's so bad on Finebaum - the screeners will not put any calls through to discuss this!!!! hmmm

Shocker!!

I think that PF would be categorized as a "supporter". He is in Saban's back pocket and Saban uses him to further his agenda and squash anything that may jeopardize the process.

The problem I see here is that we all know the turds are up to no good and have been doing this for years.  I for one am happy Lee is at least trying to fight back.  It really has gotten out of hand people.  The arrogance of the turd nation is mind boggling.

Did I miss something? That article is nothing but describing how he decommitted from Alabama to commit to Auburn and then suddenly switched his mind on signing day. Nothing about mortgages or any other type of payments. The article mostly wants the reader to feel sorry for the kid for basically being forced into signing with Bama. But nothing of violations.

re-read the last paragraph and tell me what is wrong with the quotes.

The problem I see here is that we all know the turds are up to no good and have been doing this for years.  I for one am happy Lee is at least trying to fight back.  It really has gotten out of hand people.  The arrogance of the turd nation is mind boggling.

You got that right......over on Turdsquirts.com right now they are saying J Lee is waiving the white flag with this new article.

Yes, I actually meant to include that as well.  Hmmmm.....

You got that right......over on Turdsquirts.com right now they are saying J Lee is waiving the white flag with this new article.

If he were waving the white flag wouldn't he just let it go and not write anything else? THey are more delusional than I originally thought.

Archived