Calloway update

weegleweegle

I will continue to be interested if anything else comes out, but this article puts two sources on the record, stating that an unrelated man, took Calloway on several trips to Tuscaloosa and no other school, that this same man took Calloway out of the state to Florida just prior to signing day.  It also has Calloway's coach quoting Calloway saying he wants to go to Auburn 100%, but Peaches is pressuring him to go to UA, to the degree that he prevents his coach from speaking to him.

It also points out that UA's compliance staff did a 36 hour investigation and found no wrong doing.  This is speculation on my part, but if he went silent to wait on them to do a dust up investigation, and is now going to put out evidence that UA ignored or overlooked, then that could be embarrassing for UA.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree that there doesn't seem to be much substance to that article in regards to payments or anything the NCAA would care about? It just makes Alabama look bad. I'm glad that there are sources named, but isn't the high school coach an Auburn grad?

i hope there is more coming... with less of the named sources tied to Auburn. Hate to say it, but right now we look kind of like sour grapes that Calloway switched back to Bama.

I don't see it that way.

bama controls most of the media in this state, so they would not dare test ua. Only those with Auburn ties can get this ball rolling. You may see a Scarbinsky join in, if JLee can get the heat high enough.

You may see a Scarbinsky join in, if JLee can get the heat high enough.

Word on the streets is that he had a chance to do so, but was whacked down at the last minute back in February.

I will continue to be interested if anything else comes out, but this article puts two sources on the record, stating that an unrelated man, took Calloway on several trips to Tuscaloosa and no other school, that this same man took Calloway out of the state to Florida just prior to signing day.  It also has Calloway's coach quoting Calloway saying he wants to go to Auburn 100%, but Peaches is pressuring him to go to UA, to the degree that he prevents his coach from speaking to him.

It also points out that UA's compliance staff did a 36 hour investigation and found no wrong doing.  This is speculation on my part, but if he went silent to wait on them to do a dust up investigation, and is now going to put out evidence that UA ignored or overlooked, then that could be embarrassing for UA.

Lack of institutional control?

Reading that article made me sick. The NCAA may not and probably won't do a thing. The Birmingham news may cover it up but the story needs to be told. Anyone calling for JLee to stand down needs to re-evaluate their self.

If Woodruff has ever made any donations to UA, he is considered a booster. This makes it real nasty for bama. Another thing that keeps ringing in my ear is the quick knee jerk reaction on twitter by Woodruff, especially since J Lee didn't name anyone at the time.

i agree that there doesn't seem to be much substance to that article in regards to payments or anything the NCAA would care about? It just makes Alabama look bad. I'm glad that there are sources named, but isn't the high school coach an Auburn grad?

i hope there is more coming... with less of the named sources tied to Auburn. Hate to say it, but right now we look kind of like sour grapes that Calloway switched back to Bama.

I'd have to agree with you there. I have heard that Stancil is a huge Auburn fan and this appears to be much adieu about nothing. :cool:

Can anyone verify that the mortgage was indeed paid off 15 years ago?

I think this all comes down to the definition of a "booster".

Cam Newton story basically came down to whether or not Cam knew anything about his father's scheme.

If this guy is not a booster, what is he? Just a friend?

It just sounds very creepy to me.

I'd have to agree with you there. I have heard that Stancil is a huge Auburn fan and this appears to be much adieu about nothing. :cool:

Can anyone verify that the mortgage was indeed paid off 15 years ago?

get the adress and go to franklin co. couthouse.  --- corrected

This lends some credibility to Lee's other accusations, but not nearly as much as a similarly thorough treatment of the mortgage/payment issue would.  This article, by itself, isn't really much of anything to go on.  I hope there is more to come, for Lee's sake if no one else's. 

Lack of institutional control?

Staring down the barrel of a gun?

One point about Peaches mortgage. His original mortgage may have been paid off 15 years ago, but he may have gotten a equity line or any of the other houses that he says he owns and that may be what he got behind on. Just a thought.

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

Don't condemn Lee just yet people.

I don't know about you guys, but my wife would think I was crazy, if I did what Woodruff did.

That seems to be bammers way around being a booster.........just an nice old white man looking out of young kids.

Was the same story with wholio and ingram

Jeffrey Lee just needs to leave it alone. I want Bama to get caught just as badly as he and everyone else do, but nothing is going to come of this and we all know it.

J Lee needs to move on and start writing some stories about players that are actually on our team.

Wrong; we ALL do not know it!!  OK to speak for yourself, but not 6000 others!!

I don't know about you guys, but my wife would think I was crazy, if I did what Woodruff did.

That seems to be bammers way around being a booster.........just an nice old white man looking out of young kids.

Was the same story with wholio and ingram

So we are supposed to believe he was not trying to steer him to Bama? They just wanted to get out of town because Peaches told a CEO to do it?

If Woodruff really did take Brent on a free trip to Florida, that could solidify him as a Bammer Booster.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

By waiting until after Bama's "36 hour" investigation to ramp up the story, Lee has left the Bama administration with very few, if any PR options.  They already played their hand, and if the NCAA is interested in where this smoke is coming from they will have to investigate it themselves.  Asking Bama to investigate seems to be no longer an option.

I assume the NCAA will be very interested in this situation because there is possibly a case of a recruit being forced towards a school by all the adults in his life.  Regardless of whether there were any extra benefits for Peaches, I don't think the NCAA wants to see behavior like this continue.  It will come down to what the NCAA sees as an acceptable amount of influence by parents and guardians, and if they can draw a verifiable line between acceptable influence and unacceptable influence.  If Calloway every comes out and says it was totally his decision, without proof of benefits that will be the end of the story.

There is also the use of these "supporters" that the NCAA has to see as a major slap in their face.  Schools can easily "protect" the relationship between certain rich fans and the school by making sure their fandom isn't on record (there is no record of them purchasing tickets.... but they've been to every game).  I'm sure Bama has an army of these guys, and the NCAA has to know it.  For Bama to proudly stand behind this technicality and continue to abuse it I hope makes them a tasty target for the NCAA.

Here's what I think happens... after some behind the scenes wrangling with the NCAA, Bama releases Calloway from his LOI and he is free to enroll anywhere else with no penalty.  Also, Woodruff is disassociated from their program.  That is probably the best scenario for us.  I don't think it will get any uglier than that for Bama.

I think most Auburn fans will at least take the wait and see attitude towards this. Some don't like to think it, but we do have some updykes posting undercover for sure. We just busted a 450 plus post bammer a few days ago.

I dont trust anyone.....well at least ones I dont see on here everyday talking back and forth. I have my foil hat on and I am ready!!!

I dont trust anyone.....well at least ones I dont see on here everyday talking back and forth. I have my foil hat on and I am ready!!!

Don't worry, magnum will be here to debunk you soon :hellyeah:

Archived