2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

Its pretty amazing that we have so many here who seem to know so much about proper QB'ing mechanics and footwork.  I means seriously, I watched the 7 on 7 video and think the guy looked fantastic. Im guessing he's a 17 year old kid and, that being the case, i wasn't expecting to see a player thats sufficiently polished to play in the NFL. What he does possess are things that cannot be coached...most notably SIZE and athleticism and the BIG arm. All the details of proper mechanics are simply that....details, and they will be addressed and fixed. Im pretty excited about the kids outstanding potential.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i remember when cam was getting raked over the coals for his throwing mechanics ... they showed his style in a side by side with someone else and pointed out what cam was doing wrong and what the other guy was doing right.

i couldnt tell one lick of difference. apparently cam couldnt either on his way to rookie of the year.

someone should tell jim furyk and bubba watson that they dont play golf the right way either.

whatever JJ is/isnt doing ... i believe we have the coach to foster/change it - which ever is appropriate.

i remember when cam was getting raked over the coals for his throwing mechanics ... they showed his style in a side by side with someone else and pointed out what cam was doing wrong and what the other guy was doing right.

i couldnt tell one lick of difference.  apparently cam couldnt either on his way to rookie of the year.

someone should tell jim furyk and bubba watson that they dont play golf the right way either.

whatever JJ is/isnt doing ... i believe we have the coach to foster/change it - which ever is appropriate.

Yep, right up to the point where they had him side by side with Tom Brady and they are absolutely identicle.

Speaking of combines, anyone out there know what JJ's plans for camps and such are? I think the Elite 11 has come and gone (unless he's going to Vegas...) so that's out. I'm interested to know which 7x7's to watch and which camps to keep up with...

Coaches like JJ, JJ likes AU...   that all I need to hear.   

War Eagle JJ!   Proud to have you at AU!

This is so simple even a caveman can understand it, thus, I understand this line of thinking.

I heard on the radio today that he is a pretty good basketball player too and Barbee has interest in him joining the team. Personally I'm not a fan of qb's playing dual sports especially at the sec level. The possible missing of spring practices, film study and offseason workouts are not something as a coach I would want my qb to do.

Kind of reminds me of Chris Relf. Weird that they're both from the same hs. I have no doubt that Lefty will get everything possible out of JJ. Glad to have him on board. War Eagle Jeremy.

Second-best player (behind State's #1 player) on the 6A state title basketball team. Very good athlete, but more like Jason Campbell, in my mind, than Cam Newton. Anxious to see what Loeffler (should he stick around long enough) can do to develop JJ's talents.

Second-best player (behind State's #1 player) on the 6A state title basketball team. Very good athlete, but more like Jason Campbell, in my mind, than Cam Newton. Anxious to see what Loeffler (should he stick around long enough) can do to develop JJ's talents.

Wow. Talking about someone leaving before they even coached a game.

Coaches like JJ, JJ likes AU...   that all I need to hear.   

War Eagle JJ!   Proud to have you at AU!

This is so simple even a caveman can understand it, thus, I understand this line of thinking.

No doubt.  Smart, skilled coaches signing smart, skilled kids that all consider it a privilege to be in Auburn. 

I have never been more proud of a staff since the Dye days.  They representin' baby!  WDE!

This has already been said somewhere on these boards, but is Jeremy Johnson going to be our only QB for this class or are we still looking to sign another one? TIA

This has already been said somewhere on these boards, but is Jeremy Johnson going to be our only QB for this class or are we still looking to sign another one? TIA

Yes he will be our only QB, according to both him and those around here with trust worthy info.

i couldnt tell one lick of difference.  apparently cam couldnt either on his way to rookie of the year.

Spot on mustache  :bow:

Yes he will be our only QB, according to both him and those around here with trust worthy info.

So will Ryan Buchanan still visit for the weekend? Will the coaches tell him not to worry about coming? Just wondering how that works with JJ's commitment and remarks about AU ending QB recruitment. Just seems it would be weird being there if it were me  :dunno:

*Disclaimer* I wouldn't mind AU signing Buchanan, but JJ has been my top want at QB for about a year now

I wouldn't be surprised to see them still court Buchanan in case anything major happens with Johnson. The last thing you want to do is have something unpredictable happen to Johnson and sign zero at QB b/c you stopped recruiting at QB altogether.

That being said, I don't think anything will happen to Johnson and he'll sign with us in February as planned.

Johnson is going to be the quarterback in this class. It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up signing one or two players who played QB in high school, but only if they project to different positions (generally WR or safety).

Uhhh....4:53 in the video he says something that is exciting....70 yards? And I think he is telling the absolute truth.

Uhhh....4:53 in the video he says something that is exciting....70 yards? And I think he is telling the absolute truth.

Quick receivers! #1 looks like he has an extra gear. JJ looks like he knows how to throw the ball. I truly believe this kid will be a solid QB. It amazes me that he wasn't recruited by every SEC school. I'm just happy to have him in o&b.

Archived