2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

I know Rivals rankings don't mean a whole lot, but they have him listed as a 3*. Do y'all expect that to rise if he does well during his senior season? I trust that he's better than his ranking reflects if CGC (and LSU) has offered him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!!! Excellent news!! I'm glad we're done at QB.  I think this could be huge for future recruiting in Montgomery.

Word is out that Auburn is done at QB.

Interesting. Not really surprising, I just didn't expect JJ to be the one we took if we took one. He's definitely a great pickup, though!

I know Rivals rankings don't mean a whole lot, but they have him listed as a 3*. Do y'all expect that to rise if he does well during his senior season? I trust that he's better than his ranking reflects if CGC (and LSU) has offered him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a four star by the time the season starts. For one, I'm sure he'll be going to a camp or two, but more than that, Scot Loeffler's evaluation means something. His acumen as a QB guru is fairly widespread.

However yes, if JJ is still a three star during the season, I have every anticipation that he will be a four star by January. I actually thought he was already a four star.

Guest Tigereagle03

@BMatt247: Auburn QB commit Jeremy Johnson wants Bama TE commit O.J. Howard to switch to AU_________________________________________

Guest Tigereagle03

Johnson is Auburn’s ninth commitment for the 2013 class and fifth from the state of Alabama. He plans to help Auburn sign a top-rated class in February and already has his sights set on 4-star tight end O.J. Howard from Autauga Academy in Prattville, Ala., who is currently committed to Alabama. “Hopefully I’ll come down next week to Big Cat,†he said. “Talk to receivers, tight ends. I’m most definitely going to try to get to O.J. I’ve been talking to him. I’ve been talking to him abut high school too. I’ve been trying to get him to come play with me. “That’s my main target right now, O.J. Howard.†Auburn isn’t in the market for another quarterback in this class after landing Johnson. “They’re done,†he said. “They said I’m the next quarterback and I’m the last. It feels great.â€

To the guy asking about rival rankings. They have 16 pro style quarterbacks ranked 4 stars or higher. Jeremy Johnson is their 18th rated pro style quarterback, so it seems he just barely missed 4 star status and could easily move up with a good showing. Of course, he already is a 4 star on scout and 247 sports

He said he runs the same offense as AU's. Does he mean the new onewehave with Lefty? I can't think he would be talking about the spread. Welcome aboard JJ and WDE.

Auburn rose 5 spots in 24/7 team rankings with Johnson's commit. Johnson has the same 90 grade as Cameron Toney and Earnest Robinson, who are also 4* on 24/7 Sports.

Huh? I thought AU was at 14 on there for a while now...did they move up to #9?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a four star by the time the season starts. For one, I'm sure he'll be going to a camp or two, but more than that, Scot Loeffler's evaluation means something. His acumen as a QB guru is fairly widespread.

However yes, if JJ is still a three star during the season, I have every anticipation that he will be a four star by January. I actually thought he was already a four star.

Scout and 247 have him listed as a 4 star.

JJ has a ton of potential. So glad to have him. War Eagle, JJ. He has wanted this for a long time. We have a lot of talent at QB.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he was allowed to play basketball as a freshman, considering he will almost certainly redshirt in football. Beyond that, if Coach Barbee thinks he's truly an asset, then he and Coach Chizik could probably work something out, if nothing else than letting him play in January, February, and March.

Auburn rose 5 spots in 24/7 team rankings with Johnson's commit. Johnson has the same 90 grade as Cameron Toney and Earnest Robinson, who are also 4* on 24/7 Sports.

Huh? I thought AU was at 14 on there for a while now...did they move up to #9?

Rankings change all the time with schools adding commits. Johnson was Auburn's 1st commit in a while. Auburn moved from #18 to #13.

Bryan Matthews ‏@BMatt247

Jeremy Johnson commit moves Auburn up 5 spots in 2013 Team Recruiting Rankings.

I'm really glad we have this guy on board! He was my pick of this year's QB crop from the start. Not that I know anything about rating prospects or anything, but take a look at Johnson play and you can see the potential. Just watch him play basketball and the tremendous athletic ability jumps out at you.

JJ Vid:

Footwork needs much work, but that's easily corrected. If this kid can throw the ball that well with questionable footwork, just think how much better he will be when Lefty helps him correct it. Kid has great potential. Awesome pick up. War Eagle JJ!!

JJ Vid:

Footwork needs much work, but that's easily corrected. If this kid can throw the ball that well with questionable footwork, just think how much better he will be when Lefty helps him correct it. Kid has great potential. Awesome pick up. War Eagle JJ!!

All high school QBs have things that needs to be corrected. That's why coaches get paid the big bucks to correct those things.

Archived