2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he jumps on board with us today. The kid has the potential to turn into something very special given he works hard when he arrives on campus. I'd like to see what Loeffler can do with him

Rivals reporting that he may make a decision today

If he commits today our QB recruiting is over except for J Smith as QB/Athlete.  I think AU would be JJ's only committable offer at this time.  Buchanon and Rettig have quite a few committables but I say in the end RB to Ole Miss and HR out west somewhere (who knows).  I just don't believe those two will come to AU if JJ commits not that they fear competition, just they wouldn't feel Auburn is showing them enough confidence and love as the No. 1 guy.  On the other hand JJ would come to Auburn no matter who else commits. Thats why I really don't understand the firm offer right now if it is indeed true. We'll see.  

Carver (Montgomery, Ala.) quarterback Jeremy Johnson has committed to Auburn. He is the Tigers' 9th commitment in the 2013 recruiting class.

@AuburnRivals

Auburn has led for Jeremy Johnson since last summer. Big, strong armed QB with great composure and patience in the pocket.

@JHokanson

JOHNSON150A_1207_AD.JPG

Jeremy Johnson, QB

Montgomery, AL

6'6 / 215

Offers: Alabama State, Arkansas State, Houston, LSU, Mississippi, Purdue, Southern Miss and Tulane, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 4*

Johnson is a big quarterback that has no issues seeing down the field or over the line of scrimmage. He is an athlete too with good mobility on the football field. He needs to work on his footwork, transitioning his weight as he throws the football, and his release. He tends to push the ball more than throw it at times. Johnson has a lot of raw talent, he is a tall QB with athleticism, and he has a lot of potential.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5088134

He completed a combined 385-of-618 passes for 5,087 yards and those 48 touchdowns during his sophomore and junior years.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/four-star_quarterback_jeremy_j.html

2013 Montgomery (Ala.) Carver QB Jeremy Johnson in action in Hoover, Ala. during 7-on-7 action, and talks recruiting with AuburnSports.com.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AuburnSports

38381_136964416343419_100000895847425_187495_6020215_n.jpg

I am really excited about getting JJ. He seems to really want to be at AU and I believe CSL will help him devolop into a great SEC QB. Welcome JJ!!! :wedance:

Rivals reporting that he may make a decision today

If he commits today our QB recruiting is over except for J Smith as QB/Athlete.  I think AU would be JJ's only committable offer at this time.  Buchanon and Rettig have quite a few committables but I say in the end RB to Ole Miss and HR out west somewhere (who knows).  I just don't believe those two will come to AU if JJ commits not that they fear competition, just they wouldn't feel Auburn is showing them enough confidence and love as the No. 1 guy.  On the other hand JJ would come to Auburn no matter who else commits. Thats why I really don't understand the firm offer right now if it is indeed true. We'll see.  

I doubt we are done at QB. Just because JJ pulled the trigger first doesn't mean he's our top target.

i saw video of this kid at a camp when he was 15 years old and he is who i wanted....others might be ranked higher,but his kid has the talent to become something special....he is raw,but so was jason campbell and cam newton when they were high school seniors....

Nice frame on him. He'll need to work on that throwing motion though.

Great pickup all in all.

I doubt we are done at QB. Just because JJ pulled the trigger first doesn't mean he's our top target.

Interesting, how many scholarship qbs do you think we need to have?  We have 1 rs junior, 1 sophomore, and one freshman with another one due shortly, Moseley, Frazier, Pike, and Wallace, respectfully.  

All of those figure to be back for next season.  With Johnson, that will make 5 going into the 2013 season.

That frame will hold some more weight too. He could turn into a monster.

To be honest, this is the QB I wanted out of the prospects. He can be very, very good with the right coaching, which we have.

Archived