Terri Schiavo,

Tigermike

5. Jenny, excellent point about the living will. Just know that even with a living will the family ultimately decides what will happen to you. That document serves to let your family know your wishes, but does not mean much, at least initially, if the family does not agree.

Dr. T, I actually list several people as health care proxies, and put a caveat in my living will that says that if my first designated choice does not follow my wishes, their rights are terminated and person #2 is to see that my wishes are carried out. Still might not work, but I have also made it VERY clear in no uncertain terms to my family that I DO NOT WANT TO GO ON LIKE THAT. I feel pretty sure that someone will honor my request, even if it is very difficult.

But that just emphazises your point that the living will is not enough unless you convince your family AHEAD OF TIME to carry out your wishes. Don't wait!!!!

Give me a freaking break guys!

I wonder how much pro bono work Tiger Al et al do in their daily lives. I wonder if they would o Pro Bono work for a client that lasted 12 years?

I doubt that either.

Listen guys, leave the medical community alone. They make good money so they can pay Insurance companies and Lawyers.

Now if Doctors produce healthy patients, what do lawyers produce?

Wealthy Lawyers!

I'm not really sure why you dragged me into this or why you've decided that I am somehow a 'pro bono barometer.'

Will you explain?

Made a name for yourself over here huh? Cshine ain't around enough to bash on and channonc still hasn't been here long enough. So you get to bear the brunt of the liberal yoke. ;)

I'm still missing the connection, CCT. Is doing pro bono work considered a LIBERAL only virtue?

Maybe he was referring to your profession???

Archived