Nations No. 1 Kicker Austin Hardin

aupharmd15

Bryan Matthews just tweeted that we offered the No. 1 kicker in the nation Austin Hardin. With the hard 25 cap rule coming down we must really want another kicker i suppose.

Taking a kicker every 2 years seems reasonable.

...that and if you're gonna take 1, they may as well be the #1 kicker in the nation! His video looks good too. Had some long kickoffs and nailed some big game winners.

Kickoff's have been a bit scary for Auburn the last few years. Wae need someone that boots in into and possibly out of the end zone. His film looks great. Hope he has us on top.

Kickoff's have been a bit scary for Auburn the last few years. Wae need someone that boots in into and possibly out of the end zone. His film looks great. Hope he has us on top.

#13 is not going to like this post!!!

#13 is not going to like this post!!!

Funny, Sanders is a great coverage person! That being said, I lik eit best when the team we are playing has to start from the 20.

Who's got him listed as the #1 kicker in the class?  Scout has him listed as "NR" under POS Rank, Rivals has him as #10 and ESPN has him at #2.

Who's got him listed as the #1 kicker in the class?  Scout has him listed as "NR" under POS Rank, Rivals has him as #10 and ESPN has him at #2.

Bryan Mathews ? ;D

Forgot his name, but he's the guy who runs the big kicking camps.  He's who we listen to about kickers.  He led us to Steven Clark I believe.

Forgot his name, but he's the guy who runs the big kicking camps.  He's who we listen to about kickers.  He led us to Steven Clark I believe.

Beckham? Because John Vaughn knew how to bend it....  :banghead:

If we take him, he redshirts next year and we'll have a three year separation between him and Parkey with a year to break him in slowly with some game experience, even if it's just doing kickoffs.

Auburn.

at the rate this class is filling up and all the other high prospects we have still uncommited and very high on us i find it hard to believe we have room under the 25 cap for a kicker, but never know and i will never doubt anything this coaching staff is doing

Odd...Bryan Matthews is on staff with 247 sports yet they still have Austin as not rated for position ranking.

This kid is LEGIT and we would NOT be offering him a scholarship if he were not! He DOMINATED at the AU kicking camp with consistent BOOMING kickoffs out of the back of the endzone and was VERY consistent with his field goals! That is EXACTLY what the coaches are looking for is someone to do both those things.

:we:

This kid is LEGIT and we would NOT be offering him a scholarship if he were not! He DOMINATED at the AU kicking camp with consistent BOOMING kickoffs out of the back of the endzone and was VERY consistent with his field goals! That is EXACTLY what the coaches are looking for is someone to do both those things.

I love the fact that we go after top notch kickers.

dj has spoken and we follow in all seriousness kid does look great

A great kicker can win you a lot of games, a decent one can lose you games. I don't see the 25 limit hurting kickers as much as it will punters IMO.

Archived