Why don't we get credit for top 5 classes?

aushrink

Remember after sabben put together a coupe of top 5 recruiting classes? Everyone had them in the preseason top 10.

This year, fla state is coming off a couple of top 5 classes and they are expected to be a top 5 team this year.

How about us? We have 3 years of top 5 recruiting classes and we are going to win only 7 or 8 games. I wish these experts would suggest to me which stocks to stay away from. I would be rich.

Auburn is going to win a lot of games this year.......

As coach Chiz would say, "we are building a powerful foundation, but we have not arrived just yet."

Patience my friend...the train is coming!

I promise you...

Gene Chizik and the players could care less about where our recruiting classes are ranked according to other people.

What matters most is whats done on the field.

Auburn is going to take care of business on the football field... I promise you that.

Those rankings and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.

With the EXCELLENT recruiting and coaching our coaches have done we'll let the numbers we put up on the field do our talking !  The foundation is being laid.......the thrashing is about to commence !

WDE !!!

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

I promise you...

Gene Chizik and the players could care less about where our recruiting classes are ranked according to other people.

What matters most is whats done on the field.

Auburn is going to take care of business on the football field... I promise you that.

They better! You promised...

I think it has more to do with FSU having 8 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense coming back from a 10-4 season.

Losing 30+ players lowers expectations for any program no matter how much talent they may have around the football field. One more class like the staff has put together the last 2 years and then it is a different story into 2012 with only a handful of players lost.

From 1968-2010, 32.1 percent of the teams ranked in the AP preseason top 5, failed to finished ranked in the top 10.

58.1 percent failed to remain in the top 5.

From 1968-2010, 32.1 percent of the teams ranked in the AP preseason top 5, failed to finished ranked in the top 10.

I LOVE it when Stat bring the facts !  Hey Stat, do you do political stats too ?  If so, I'll need your help when arguing a point with someone......not on AE, of course.

WDE !!!

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

I do not want ANY hype around us leading up 2 the 2011 season as far as National Media matters...

Remember when Ziemba and Pugh all were True Freshmen on the O-Line and after about 4 or 5 games in, they did GREAT !!!  A weakness, now is a STRENGTH, cause these boys will be around for many more Games and Seasons !!

IMO Coach Chizik dont buy into Stars and Rankings, neither Do I !  AU has signed absolute STUD's since Coach Chizik and "THE BEST ASSISTANT COACHING STAFF" in the Country arrived !!!

BUT some of the great ones haven't been the ones all the recruiting services slobbered over :

Daren Bates 2*...Bates, Darvin or Sen'Derrick Marks, are some the most Underrated prospect in decades

Nosa Eguae 3*... recruited by some Big 12 Teams but could have started from a True Freshman w/o injury

Nick Fairley 3*... thats out of JUCO, Coach Rocker said the only player he'd ever seen w/ a SWITCH,

Shon Coleman 3*...ended up a 5* but when AU offered 1st. before anyone he was a 3 and Shon will PLAY eventually

Chris Davis 3*... played many meaningful snaps in '10, got picked on but held his own IMO !!!

Only thing that matters is the ranking at the end of the season!  We know what kind of talent, chemistry, and character Chizik and staff are bringing to the Plains and I prefer to be the underdog.  Auburn always seems to perform best when nobody gives us a chance.  WDE!!

Not at Starbucks.   :laugh:

That stuff at Starbucks is over-priced belly wash! I'm talking about real barefooted coffee. They ought to put little umbrellas in the cup. Coffee....my foot!

I think its great motivation. We are getting no respect and I LOVE IT. Nothing better to fire a young man up.  :banghead:

I think it points to Tubberville.  The almost (much love to the 08 recruits who stuck in there) empty class of 2008 combined with the 10 so players who annually never made it onto the roster really hurts us.  So when you compare us to the other big six SEC schools coming of top 5 classes it doesn't  match up properly. This year is the last hurdle until we should be firing on all cylinders.  I am a believer in this season though.  I think we have enough, with this coaching to be very competitive and dangerous.  War Eagle

:we:            :we:                :we:                :we:                :we:              :we:                :we:              :we:

Florida State will not finish above 20 they are always overrated and underachieving in a less than competitive conference. Makes me sick hearing all their fans living by Pensacola. Almost worse than bama especially after they beat the gators in a down year. Sorry for the vent guys haha

Florida State will not finish above 20 they are always overrated and underachieving in a less than competitive conference. Makes me sick hearing all their fans living by Pensacola. Almost worse than bama especially after they beat the gators in a down year. Sorry for the vent guys haha

To their credit, FSU has been preseason ranked in the top 5 on 14 occasions, finishing in the top 5 on 12 occasions.

Talking about last 5-10 years  :laugh: I'm pretty young stat but yeah the 90's were a great time for the criminoles and that's why their fans have an inflated ego.

To their credit, FSU has been preseason ranked in the top 5 on 14 occasions, finishing in the top 5 on 12 occasions.

OK, Stat, enough of that!  I'm getting paranoid about putting anything with numbers in it on the AE site!  I guess next you're going to tell me that 1 + 1 = 2!  :tease:

Put another way, from 1968-2010, 67.9% of teams ranked in the preseason top 5 finished in the top 10 while 41.9% finished in the top 5.

Guys, this doesn't mean that it's better to start outside of the preseason top 5, it just means that it's not impossible to ascend there from lower on the list.

Archived