Media Days Vent

JamesG

I was so pissed I almost changed the channel. He was asked about 4-5 football related questions, and everything else was Cam Newton and the NCAA. I tuned in hoping to learn something about this years team, instead it was all about the "cloud" hanging over the program... UNBELIEVABLE. Watching our Coach having to DEFEND his program at media days the year after winning a BCS Title. I really would have been interested to hear about what freshman could make an early impact, instead I learned about the third party "bag man" who paid Cam Newton to come to Auburn, along with an "angry exchange" with the NCAA in Destin. This is NEVER going to end.....

I was so pissed I almost changed the channel. He was asked about 4-5 football related questions, and everything else was Cam Newton and the NCAA. I tuned in hoping to learn something about this years team, instead it was all about the "cloud" hanging over the program... UNBELIEVABLE. Watching our Coach having to DEFEND his program at media days the year after winning a BCS Title. I really would have been interested to hear about what freshman could make an early impact, instead I learned about the third party "bag man" who paid Cam Newton to come to Auburn, along with an "angry exchange" with the NCAA in Destin. This is NEVER going to end.....

James, use your keypad to give THEM a piece of your mind.  They deserve it!  Spoken from one who just did...

Now you see how lazy sports reporters are. Do not use the term journalist. That's someone who does their homework and knows what they are saying.

Watching Mark Richt, no one asked the pointed questions about their recruits and his precarious position. Softballs lobbed underhand.

Things will play out over time. Chizik was a little rough in his delivery (too many 'uhs' and 'you knows'), but that may be explained as the level of frustration that the real story on enforcement is centered on us, but should be on nearly half the others schools in the SEC. Spurrier has to deal with Garcia. MSU is being scoped. Callaway's fiasco will soon explode. Tennessee is recovering (gotta like Dooley) and even Vandy goofs occasionally. There's always pious Georgia.

It's fine that we are still being kicked around. Call it Civil Disobedience. If you don't bark back at the dogs, they'll get tired and move on to the next noise maker. Then you reel off a 9-3 season. That's why my handle is what it is . . .

Columns like the one Kevin Scarbinsky wrote really bother me.  The assumption is Auburn has to cheat to win, and there is no proof to support that idea.  The general opinion is Auburn can’t recruit without cheating.  We don’t have first class facilities or coaches who work tirelessly in this endeavor.  We don’t have tradition or a history of winning.  Cecil Newton turned down $180,000 from Mississippi State, so Auburn must have paid more.  After checking the finances of the Newton’s, no trace of any unordinary funds was ever found.  Where’s the smoking gun?  How can Gene Chizik win a national championship at Auburn when he was a loser as a head coach at Iowa State?  Should he be compared to another Coach Gene who had a losing record as the coach at Texas A&M and with the Cardinals of the NFL?  That Gene won a national championship in his third year as a head coach in the SEC.  He also was caught cheating, but is still held in reverence by the throngs of the evil empire.  The NCAA has already found problems and dealt with them at LSU and will certainly hit Ohio State with additional punishment.  Both of those situations were discovered and handled quickly.  Yet, the sports nation who have subscriptions to sell, and bloggers who mistakenly call themselves journalists, keep dredging up the same tired questions.  I’m looking forward to the upcoming season whether we win 6 games or 14.  Maybe there will be a new whipping boy for the sharks to attack.

:pcprobs:

Danny Sheridan = Scott Moore = Harvey Updyke = Talibammers = lying, hating, mythomaniacs that are trying to destroy Auburn.

Paul Finebaum = Talibammer Propaganda Minister wannabe.

Archived