Hello NCAA Violations- Not Us

Todd From Talisi

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, thread started this afternoon. Know nothing about this board.

http://www.woollyal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7279

Post from that link  :laugh:

- I heard that Mr. Drummond dude that is involved with Brent Calloway is part owner of that store. -

another comment

- Besides. The owner is middle eastern. He has no interest in bama football. He just wants to make a buck. Only players that have graduated are the ones doing his ads/ autograph signings. -

He's not a fan he is middle eastern....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tweets from Shad...

@schadjoe Joe Schad

Alabama has looked into relationship between players like TRichardson and T-Town menswear

schadjoe Joe Schad

Alabama concluded players did not receive extra benefits

I guess Schad has a new suit as well.

Tweets from Shad...

@schadjoe Joe Schad

Alabama has looked into relationship between players like TRichardson and T-Town menswear

schadjoe Joe Schad

Alabama concluded players did not receive extra benefits

I guess Schad has a new suit as well.

Thank goodness.  And since Auburn looked into the Cam Newton situation and found no violations, I guess everyone should drop that too.

This is the article from the Crapstone report.  I would've posted the link but I don't want them to get hits on their site:

Auburn’s counterattack: Target Alabama’s Trent Richardson

That didn’t take long. Auburn’s family is out trying to turn the spotlight off its own cheating. Today Clay Travis reports that Auburn fans are pumping him with information in an attempt to harm the University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team. He says this is a two-way street. Of course, he should be reminded that only Auburn is under a massive NCAA probe at the moment and therefore information about Auburn’s cheating is almost everywhere these days.

It isn’t shocking that Auburn would launch a counterattack. This has been Auburn’s modus operandi over the last decade.

Does anyone remember the Gadsden packet?

Grainy pictures of Sasquatch were more convincing.

Auburn has a long history of trying to drag its rival down with it. And today is no different.

Travis published a few interesting photographs of Richardson signing autographs at a men’s suit store.

Suit store! Is that like the suit store the NCAA is concerned about in its massive investigation into Auburn’s cheating?

Oh wait. Sorry. Back to today’s “news.”

Trent Richardson signed autographs at a men’s store and the owner displayed the memorabilia. Cue NCAA violation allegation now. Trent Richardson. NCAA.

The only real question and I doubt we will ever get a real answer out of the University of Alabama is this: Did UA Compliance do anything about this? Was it aware of the situation or potential violation?

Alabama has a tendency like many other schools to ignore legitimate information requests. Hopefully, I’ll be surprised by this and there will be an actual answer from the University as Travis said he asked for UA’s response.

But this story should serve as an illustration of what Auburn is, and what Alabama fans can expect in the coming weeks.

We know the NCAA has visited Florida and Louisiana about Auburn’s cheating. Montgomery was a recent stop. Is there more to come? You can bet as more bad news comes out about Auburn that we will see more of these types of attacks.

So what do you readers think? Is this a serious NCAA issue or just a minor distraction?

Heh ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  is that a message board post?  You said "article" in your post

It is their version of a commentary. There were comments under the "article."

Amazing how they don't acknowledge the many hundreds of bammer fans that have flooded the NCAA with emails of accusations. Typical bammer hypocrisy.

Alabama compliance dept. can knock out any investigation in about 6 hours.... dang... they are good.

Besides Saban does not shop at T-Town menswear he shops at Build A Bear for all his clothing needs.

ESPN contacting Auburn: "Did Cam receive improper benefits from suit store in Auburn?"

Auburn response: "We have looked into it and have found no evidence of wrongdoing."

ESPN response: "They have to be lying to us!!"

ESPN contacting Alabama: "Did you guys break any rules involving the suit store in Tuscaloosa?"

Bammer response: "No."

ESPN response: "OK, thanks!"

Total absolute BS.

Alabama compliance dept. can knock out any investigation in about 6 hours.... dang... they are good.

Besides Saban does not shop at T-Town menswear he shops at Build A Bear for all his clothing needs.

He also uses his coupons for 25% off.

Well, now Alabama definitely has something to worry about.  Joe Schad's "sources" are reporting that Alabama found no wrongdoing.  That means they did something wrong.

Already hit ESPN. Its obvious they have a very close relationship with the Updykes. BS

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6792998/alabama-crimson-tide-eyed-store-possible-quid-pro-quo

bama sent a cease-and-desist letter in december to the store but look at the dates on some of their ads and photos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ufFdZel95w&feature=related  :dunno:

Nice championship ring he is wearing. Wonder how he got that?

This is what makes me scratch my head about the entire situation. I thought players, staff, managers, university officials, etc.  receive rings, but do "team friends" receive them as well?

This is what makes me scratch my head about the entire situation. I thought players, staff, managers, university officials, etc.  receive rings, but do "team friends" receive them as well?

I would guess the players were wearing the rings and the guy asked to wear it for a picture.  But, if there are pictures of him with a ring on without a player or coach that would be very interesting.  There was a bammer championship ring on ebay listed for $5,000.

This is what makes me scratch my head about the entire situation. I thought players, staff, managers, university officials, etc. receive rings, but do "team friends" receive them as well?

I would guess the players were wearing the rings and the guy asked to wear it for a picture. But, if there are pictures of him with a ring on without a player or coach that would be very interesting. There was a bammer championship ring on ebay listed for $5,000.

Things that make you go.."Hmmmmmmm"....

BTW: I don't know if it's good or bad that any MODS haven't commented on this situation or that NTY hasn't took this and ran with it any further.

I've heard rumblings for a while, and I still don't believe this is "the one". I claim no inside source, but you hear stories all the time. The one story I have heard that is quite interesting seems to have legs and has been talked about recently.

Joe Schaad has officially revealed himself as a U of A mouthpiece. Publishing the UA compliance response to a story that is yet to be reported on by any news organization only hours after it began circulating on message boards makes it a little too obvious who is feeding him tips. Since when does an investigative reporter just take someoned word for it?

Joe Schaad has officially revealed himself as a U of A mouthpiece. Publishing the UA compliance response to a story that is yet to be reported on by any news organization only hours after it began circulating on message boards makes it a little too obvious who is feeding him tips. Since when does an investigative reporter just take someoned word for it?

He is not the only one.

you hit the nail right on the head.

he has completely exposed himself as a mouthpiece for the turds.

He isn't an investigative reporter.  He just types fast.  My sources are telling me that Les will accept the Michigan job any moment now.

Already hit ESPN. Its obvious they have a very close relationship with the Updykes. BS

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6792998/alabama-crimson-tide-eyed-store-possible-quid-pro-quo

bama sent a cease-and-desist letter in december to the store but look at the dates on some of their ads and photos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ufFdZel95w&feature=related  :dunno:

Here is the thing about the compliance department response...

They looked into it in December and sent a cease and desist letter. Ok, fine good for them. They did not notify the SEC or NCAA as they did not believe it constituted an eligibility issue. Ok, fine, I would agree if the players did not receive anything in return. My guess is they certainly received something in return, but they did not leave any evidence or a paper trail which would be truly stupid. Now, I doubt bama self reported any of this as they did their other 56,728 secondary violations because they knew this is actually a more serious violation they would just try to cover up.

There is no question this is a violation. There is also no question bama's compliance department did not report it and tried to cover it up. Question remains what type of penalties could apply now that we also know they attempted to cover it up and not report a known violation (regardless of whether the players received anything that can be proven)?

Here is the thing about the compliance department response...

They looked into it in December and sent a cease and desist letter. Ok, fine good for them. They did not notify the SEC or NCAA as they did not believe it constituted an eligibility issue. Ok, fine, I would agree if the players did not receive anything in return. My guess is they certainly received something in return, but they did not leave any evidence or a paper trail which would be truly stupid. Now, I doubt bama self reported any of this as they did their other 56,728 secondary violations because they knew this is actually a more serious violation they would just try to cover up.

There is no question this is a violation. There is also no question bama's compliance department did not report it and tried to cover it up. Question remains what type of penalties could apply now that we also know they attempted to cover it up and not report a known violation (regardless of whether the players received anything that can be proven)?

If you are OSU, you lose your starting QB, and your coach is "asked to retire".  If you are bammer, you are unanimously picked to be BCS champions this year. 

I know everyone is sick of the conspiracy theories against Auburn, but this kind of stuff is what really shows you that what we went through last year was bull----!  These bammer kids are driving cars I can't afford with a $75K a year job, and wearing suits that cost more than my first two cars, and are so brazen about it that they pose for pictures while violating these rules, and NOTHING is done!!!  Some has-been MSU person starts a "rumor" about Cam being shopped around, and Auburn is crucified for it.  What's to get frustrated at?  >:(

Archived