Hello NCAA Violations- Not Us

Todd From Talisi

You KNOW if Auburn players were in this situation there would be a media wildfire.

Oh yeah. It would be ALL OVER ESPN right now about how 40 Auburn players received 10 free suits apiece, according to an unnamed source. BS.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schad is a worthless POS and a mouthpiece for the updykes. Someone from turdville is feeding him info. The hypocrisy of the media is unbelievable.

:we:

I came across this today.

Alabama's compliance department sent a cease-and-desist letter to the owner of a Tuscaloosa men's clothing store in December, asking it not to use the likenesses of football players in any advertising or commercials.

SEC blog

ESPN.com's Chris Low and Edward Aschoff write about all things SEC football in the conference blog.

• Blog network: College Football Nation

Alabama looked into the relationship between T-Town, the store, and players such as star running back Trent Richardson and concluded that the players did not receive benefits such as merchandise or discounts, a source said.

Student-athletes can't be featured in any commercial advertising. The school also looked into autographs seen at the shop.

The Alabama compliance office is monitoring the situation. The NCAA and SEC have not been engaged, the source said, because there is not believed to be an eligibility issue.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

I think I've come up with a good solution to the problem of how slow the NCAA is in concluding their investigations. Fir example, it took them years to nail USC, and many months to put the hammer on OSU. The Cam issue just goes on and on.

The NCAA should just hire the Turds compliance staff to do their investigating. They looked into the BC recruiting and the T Town clothing issue and neither investigation took over a day!

Lets wait and see how this turns out. In my opinion we should be careful not to turn into what we hate so bad about the Alabama fans. Lets not be hoping for any bad to come to Alabama, because in truth Auburn has nothing to gain by Alabama being down.

In fact we've just won a national title while Alabama is at the top itself.

Lets wait and see how this turns out. In my opinion we should be careful not to turn into what we hate so bad about the Alabama fans. Lets not be hoping for any bad to come to Alabama, because in truth Auburn has nothing to gain by Alabama being down.

In fact we've just won a national title while Alabama is at the top itself.

I have plenty to gain from bama being down -- I wouldn't have to listen to them every time I turn the radio on.  ;)

We all know they are a fair-weather fan base

Just because Bama Compliance says they found nothing wrong doesn't mean the NCAA will not investigate. I am not sure if this is a violation. But does seem to be as he is using the signed jersey (current players) to advertise in the front window. All the other pictures prove nothing.

pulled this from a posting in the west vance news:

From Tommy Deas:

We have checked into this and I can tell you:

* The University of Alabama compliance office has looked into this matter, and has been on top of it for several months.

* UA has found absolutely no evidence of any violations of any sort. No one has been declared ineligible, nor does UA have any reason to believe anyone will be declared ineligible.

* Since the Ohio State NCAA matter became public, UA players have received extra education on by-laws concerning trading memorabilia for money or anything of value.

* In particular, Trent Richardson and his family have been given thorough briefings above and beyond the usual rules seminars and material to make sure he and his family completely understand all the pitfalls because of his status as an exceptionally high-profile player.

That's the facts as we know them. I can't name my source, but I can tell you it comes from someone with thorough knowledge of the situation.

* UA has found absolutely no evidence of any violations of any sort. No one has been declared ineligible, nor does UA have any reason to believe anyone will be declared ineligible.

(a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind;

Permits use of name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote = violation.

Bama needs to fire someone in their compliance department as they aparently struggle with reading comprehension even on a very basic level.

Why would this photo be on Tom Albetar's Myspace???? Looks like questionable contact if he took this picture.  http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/14/8862c646c5914ca89cdc80286a76063a/l.jpg

What the big deal, just a pic of 3 girls?

It is two girls and Julio Jones in what appears to be  residential setting. Why would Albetar have this in his myspace photos? Did he take the picture?

Why would this photo be on Tom Albetar's Myspace???? Looks like questionable contact if he took this picture.  http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/14/8862c646c5914ca89cdc80286a76063a/l.jpg

It is two girls and Julio Jones in what appears to be  residential setting. Why would Albetar have this in his myspace photos? Did he take the picture?

I know I was joking, I agree it does look fishy. However the UA compliance did a full 1/2 day investigation and found nothing wrong so I don't think that anything will come out of this....  :laugh:

I am sure the NCAA will be glad to help with a second opinion on UA compliance dept. findings.

I know I was joking, I agree it does look fishy. However the UA compliance did a full 1/2 day A$$ investigation and found nothing wrong so I don't think that anything will come out of this....  :laugh:

I am sure the NCAA will be glad to help with a second opinion on UA compliance dept. findings.

fixt

O.k. So if this is correct...

12.5.2.1 Advertisements and Promotions After Becoming a Student-Athlete.

After becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics if the individual:

(a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind;

Wouldn't the players in the pics have been ineligible last season? If so wouldn't that mean a forfeiture of games for the 2nd time in Spanky's 4 years at the Crapstain? Maybe someone can explain what I might be missing.

This is not a big deal since it involves UAT.  But, if the turds can get proof of Cam receiving a suit from a shop in Montgomery it would be a huge story and all over the national media.

As it stands right now I don't think the NCAA will declare any players ineligable just because a store used their names and images for advertising purposes. It is breaking NCAA violations, but its not exactly a major violation in my opinion. What would turn this into an interesting situation would be if it could be proven that these Alabama players were compensated for their signatures/merchandise/etc. If that was the case then we'd have another Ohio State type situation.

Do you guys think an 18-22 year old kid would give up his time to go sign autographs on helmets and jerseys just out of the goodness of his heart when he could be playing XBox, chasing girls, etc. ? Something had to entice them to go to this place and have autograph sessions. Think about it.

Do you guys think an 18-22 year old kid would give up his time to go sign autographs on helmets and jerseys just out of the goodness of his heart when he could be playing XBox, chasing girls, etc. ? Something had to entice them to go to this place and have autograph sessions. Think about it.

Especially to Old Guys that sells suits....  It's just a matter of proving that..  Going to be tough, but, we are already off to a great start. haha

:zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama:

:wedance: :wedance:

^^^^ No way these guys go to a retail store to hang out with an old guy and buy suits at full price. Then signs him a bunch of free stuff..... NO WAY

Archived