Sheridan on ESPN's "Outside The Lines" @ 3:00 EST Friday

wilsoct

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ticks me off is that it is said as if he absolutely was giving money.  This is not the case.  I have no doubt that DS is telling the truth. The NCAA does has a name of an [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]ALLEGED[/glow][/shadow] bagman.  Alleged is why he will not name the person, for fear of being sued.  

But answer this.  I assume the ALLEGED bagman knows that the NCAA thinks he is the bagman? So, if I knew I didn't pay Cecil, but the NCAA thinks I did and it continues to give Auburn a black eye. Wouldn't you come out and say I am the Alleged bagman and I did not pay Cecil money and I welcome the NCAA to look at my financial records?  Maybe the "bagman" doesn't know.  

Nothing is going to change. We will here its open for 4 years, until it goes past the statute of limitations.

Someone who has 200k in cash to pay with out anyone knowing about it will not want anyone going through their financial records.

As long as people keep claiming $180,000 and $200,000, I'm not worried.  Auburn isn't stupid enough to pay that much for one player that was not a sure thing at the time.

If the NCAA starts accusing Cam of getting $5,000 or $10,000, then I'm going to start to worry they may have found something.

All banks are required to report any cash transactions over $10,000, be they deposits or withdrawals. Since 9/11 the enforcement of this has done nothing but gotten much stronger. Anyone who operates at that level of purchase, does it with the famous gold credit card and if you have enough cash it's black, you pay off at the end of the month.

It could be amassed over a long period of time without Fed knowledge, but even the act of taking that cash out over a period of time would still draw attention. The story is bullcrap.

All banks are required to report any cash transactions over $10,000, be they deposits or withdrawals. Since 9/11 the enforcement of this has done nothing but gotten much stronger. Anyone who operates at that level of purchase, does it with the famous gold credit card and if you have enough cash it's black, you pay off at the end of the month.

It could be amassed over a long period of time without Fed knowledge, but even the act of taking that cash out over a period of time would still draw attention. The story is bullcrap.

This is exactly what I was about to post TT. Since the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 was enacted to curb money laundering that amount of cash has to be reported.  Once he brought a bank employee into his story it was even more crazy. 

As long as people keep claiming $180,000 and $200,000, I'm not worried.  Auburn isn't stupid enough to pay that much for one player that was not a sure thing at the time.

If the NCAA starts accusing Cam of getting $5,000 or $10,000, then I'm going to start to worry they may have found something.

The NCAA has ALREADY looked at the entire Newton family's bank records. There was no money. If there had been, then he would never have been allowed to play.

DS, PF, and the rest of the maggots feeding off that dead horse are just making a buck off a 22 year old kid they don't even know. The fact that it hurts Auburn is just another reason to keep it going.

This is exactly what I was about to post TT.  Since the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 was enacted to curb money laundering that amount of cash has to be reported.  Once he brought a bank employee into his story it was even more crazy. 

This even applies to electronic transfer, (I'm sure you know this). Nothing goes unreported.

its funny that auburn allegedly paid one player as much as they were paying some coaches and no one on the team seemed to be upset w/ that? im pretty sure it all this was true, there would have been some recognizable differences on the field between newton and players/coaches

This is exactly what I was about to post TT.  Since the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 was enacted to curb money laundering that amount of cash has to be reported.  Once he brought a bank employee into his story it was even more crazy. 

When did he mention a bank employee?  Never heard that before.

What bull$%@t spewed out of his mouth today?

Same poop, different diaper.  PF was on there also.   DS did admit that he didn't think the alledged bagman or witness would talk.  Therefore no evidence.   He is starting the coverup now.  So when nothing happens he can say I told you they wouldn't talk.   Total BS.  That is all he is.  

That's the part of this story that I just don't get. IF the NCAA knows that the Newton's got money for Cam to play football then we would already be on probation. The NCAA has gone through Cecil's, Cecil's wife, Cecil's Church, Cecil's brother, and Cam's bank statements. IF there was a spike in money in any of these accounts then they would not need to find a name of a "bagman". How are you going to hide $180k+ from anybody that has looked at your financial records? I have no idea why I even watched today. I knew it would just tick me off.

In one of his series of interviews before he bombed on pf.  He hinted at a witness that was a bank employee.

PF and DS know that AU will never be given penalties over Cam,this is why they are doing the media blitz.They are trying to convince everyone that AU is dirty,when they know that the NCAA has nothing.Its a public perception thing,and I for one think the more that DS spews his junk,the better our public perception will become.It may take a while,but I think the tide has turned on DS and the PFs of the world.They look like fools.

I for one think that PF is behind this whole DS bagman story.He wanted to use a second party to deal the dirt,while he stays above the fray.After the season starts,this story will die a slow death(sorry all you Updyke lurkers and trolls who have invaded AE :laugh:).

AU will never get in trouble with the NCAA over Cam.I know it hurts,but as soon as you realize that the bagman is just as realk as the easter bunny,the better off you will be.Just try and realize whats true and dont poison any more trees... :beatmullet:

:we:

His last appearance on fbomb ,he made the statement that it had been traced all the way down to a teller who had made the deposit/or cashed a check. BULLCRAP.

Auburn fans need to pool their money and hire a lie detector expert to give old DS that test he claims he will take. I bet he'd back out.

With the correct questions asked by a neutral examiner...he'd fail it in a heartbeat.

DS says he knows who the NCAA thinks is the bagman but he doubts the witness will come forward.   So that implies that three people are in on this  - the recipient, the bagman, and the witness.   Am I missing something here but that means that he knows who the witness is also.  If the supposed witness isn't talking, how could any of these imaginary dots be connected?

His last appearance on fbomb ,he made the statement that it had been traced all the way down to a teller who had made the deposit/or cashed a check. BULLCRAP.

What???  I didn't hear that one.  All I heard him say about a bank was something along the lines of "Say, for example, I gave the name of a bank branch in Georgia.  Everyone would flock to the bank for interviews and it wouldn't be fair to them."  He was discussing why he wouldn't give specific details.

If he actually said a teller had been identified, then it's even more obvious he's lying.

Finebaum is on the radio saying another school other than msu is being looked into for bidding for cam?  They are relentless.

:laugh:

Right. Everybody was beating down the door of a remote Texas JC quarterback that most people had forgotten about just to get in on the bidding war.

Finebaum is on the radio saying another school other than msu is being looked into for bidding for cam?  They are relentless.

:laugh:

Right. Everybody was beating down the door of a remote Texas JC quarterback that most people had forgotten about just to get in on the bidding war.

They were just trying to drive the price up for us  :dunno:  ;)

What???  I didn't hear that one.  All I heard him say about a bank was something along the lines of "Say, for example, I gave the name of a bank branch in Georgia.  Everyone would flock to the bank for interviews and it wouldn't be fair to them."  He was discussing why he wouldn't give specific details.

If he actually said a teller had been identified, then it's even more obvious he's lying.

Unlike him, I will attempt my best to state the truth, he didn't say that explicitly ,but he did his best to imply it. It was one of those things you state and leave hanging out there and then, again, no one bothers to check it's validity, it just instantly becomes part of the story. Because of ignorant and malicious people.

Mentioning a teller would not prove he was lying.  There are many federal laws and regualtions governing deposits and withdrawals and the amounts are tied to a $10,000 limit or they get reported.  But there are an equal number of federal laws and regulations regarding the privacy of customer account information.

There is no way the NCAA (or DS) could obtain any info from any bank regarding a deposit, a withdrawal, a check or anything else.  The only way would be for the customer to authiorize it.  Trust me, I've been in the banking industry for 20 years and protecting customer privacy is a huge deal.  And anything a teller or other bank employee may have said could lead to them being prosecuted in federal court.  That's a lot worse than some poor dope at the NCAA losiong his job over a comment made to DS.

If there ever was a bagman, I doubt they are just going to turn over their records for the fun of it.  And the NCAA has clearly stated they reviewed all of the Newtons records and found nothing.  End of story.

Archived