Sheridan on ESPN's "Outside The Lines" @ 3:00 EST Friday

wilsoct

Of course, this would also be ESPN's chance to grill him a little.  It will be interesting to see where they take this, because Sheridan is not an ESPN-related source, so they might not defend him like they do Schaud.

Plus, they, like Finebaum, are looking for ratings.  So just bringing him on will increase the viewers, regardless of its informational value.

I don't see BSPN going the clown show path. I think they will make Sheridan out to be legit, which will give support and fuel the Cam fire again. I also think they have already talked about what will be said, which means he will extend on his story, but fall short of giving the actual name. JMO

I think you're right.  >:(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, this would also be ESPN's chance to grill him a little.  It will be interesting to see where they take this, because Sheridan is not an ESPN-related source, so they might not defend him like they do Schaud.

Plus, they, like Finebaum, are looking for ratings.  So just bringing him on will increase the viewers, regardless of its informational value.

:pcprobs: :pcprobs: :pcprobs: :pcprobs:

I don't see BSPN going the clown show path. I think they will make Sheridan out to be legit, which will give support and fuel the Cam fire again. I also think they have already talked about what will be said, which means he will extend on his story, but fall short of giving the actual name. JMO

I think you're right.  >:(

What mortician did DS's makeup??  He looks absolutely awful.  If he closed his eyes and was still, I would swear he was laying in a casket.

What mortician did DS's makeup??  He looks absolutely awful.  If he closed his eyes and was still, I would swear he was laying in a casket.

Can someone please give us no TV folks a little play by play? TIA

This is just laughable...watching this....Danny again says he got the info from multiple people in the NCAA....then the NCAA wants to interview him....This is hilarious. Then he says he is fairly sure that nothing will come of this b.c. the witness will not talk.

You'd think he would have been smart to wear a more nuetral color shirt too, not Alabama colors. At least this reporter is pointing out that he went to Alabama and this is very unbelievable.

Danny looked dead and Paul needed a haircut bad.....that said, no new revelations....... they are trying to keep the story alive and keep the updykes stirred......

Can someone please give us no TV folks a little play by play? TIA

Repeat of what he said on PF's radio show... plus PF piling on with a few of his own cheap shots.

Just accusations, innuendos, etc.

What bull$%@t spewed out of his mouth today?

Same poop, different diaper.  PF was on there also.   DS did admit that he didn't think the alledged bagman or witness would talk.  Therefore no evidence.   He is starting the coverup now.  So when nothing happens he can say I told you they wouldn't talk.   Total BS.  That is all he is.  

Also, according to Finebaum...b.c. the SEC athlete of the year was a tennis player over cam.....that equals Auburn being guilty....not even kidding...he seriously made that connection directly

:laugh::bow:

He said nothing new and always implied outside endorsements, " Bob, your people at bspn know that I've known stories before", that's a sure sign of insecurity of facts. He was full of it before, he's full of it now and he's still doing nothing but promoting himself. Not worth the effort.

PF passed more turd balls than Danny did...Cam was beaten out of player of the year by a tennis player and Spurriers beats Chizik for SEC Coach award with two losses......PF indicated this is do to the unrest with the belief that Auburn paid for Cam......

PF passed more turd balls than Danny did...Cam was beaten out of player of the year by a tennis player and Spurriers beats Chizik for SEC Coach award with two losses......PF indicated this is do to the unrest with the belief that Auburn paid for Cam......

Yeah that's why....Cam wins Heisman and Coach Chizik wins Bear Bryant Award.  Man I don't like PF.

When I heard this, i just started to laugh. To me it honestly shows how this is a smear campaign. Facts are used in most stories of substance....this story is full with "one-line jabs" and irresponsible reasoning.

Guest wareaglekev

Sheridan seemed a little nervous, and the way both got defensive Alabama was kinda weird. I mean the kind of defensiveness of somebody struggling to hold on to any credibility left. Sorta like a little kid who swears he saw the boogy man.

All in all, it was pretty silly

When I heard this, i just started to laugh. To me it honestly shows how this is a smear campaign. Facts are used in most stories of substance....this story is full with "one-line jabs" and irresponsible reasoning.

And on the flip side, Chizik and Cam are owed numerous profuse appologies for the slander of their names with absolutely nothing to back it up by multiple inviduals and organizations.

Did anyone else catch DS on OTL today? He was acting like his feelings were hurt because people are questioning his integrity. This coming a few months after the entire SEC media threw Auburn under the bus without any evidence whatsoever. I personally think the man needs to either support his claims or grow up. It seems that the media doesn't like it when they are under the same scrutiny they throw around with such ease. He makes a claim that affects the entire scope of the 2011 college football season and he is surprised and hurt when someone wants him to provide .......wait for it.........EVIDENCE!!!!

:beatmullet:  ........Homie don't play that

There is no question in my mind, there has been a coordinated effort to keep this story alive and in the forefront of the press from many directions and not just the usual suspects everyone here likes to moan about. BUT!!!!!!!! Folks, imo, most of the blame falls on the people who have no critical thinking skills and believe everything they see on various fan boards and every thing they see in the press. It's become way too hard for people to actually look for facts before they believe what suits their opinion. Far too many take the easy way out.

Yeah that's why....Cam wins Heisman and Coach Chizik wins Bear Bryant Award.  Man I don't like PF.

I addition he won the Amos Alonzo Stagg Award.  This one is more about the character of the coach not his coaching ability.  See comments below about the award.

The Academy annually presents the award to a successful coach who exhibits "a high standard of propriety, imagination and innovation as a character-builder in the tradition of great teacher-coaches." ~ Associated Press

The Amos Alonzo Stagg Award is given to the "individual, group or institution whose services have been outstanding in the advancement of the best interests of football." Its purpose is "to perpetuate the example and influence of Amos Alonzo Stagg." ~ New World Encyclopedia

I don't think they would award Coach Chizik with this award if they thought he was dirty.  

What ticks me off is that it is said as if he absolutely was giving money.  This is not the case.  I have no doubt that DS is telling the truth. The NCAA does has a name of an [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]ALLEGED[/glow][/shadow] bagman.  Alleged is why he will not name the person, for fear of being sued.  

But answer this.  I assume the ALLEGED bagman knows that the NCAA thinks he is the bagman? So, if I knew I didn't pay Cecil, but the NCAA thinks I did and it continues to give Auburn a black eye. Wouldn't you come out and say I am the Alleged bagman and I did not pay Cecil money and I welcome the NCAA to look at my financial records?  Maybe the "bagman" doesn't know.  

Nothing is going to change. We will here its open for 4 years, until it goes past the statute of limitations.

There is no question in my mind, there has been a coordinated effort to keep this story alive and in the forefront of the press from many directions and not just the usual suspects everyone here likes to moan about. BUT!!!!!!!! Folks, imo, most of the blame falls on the people who have no critical thinking skills and believe everything they see on various fan boards and every thing they see in the press. It's become way too hard for people to actually look for facts before they believe what suits their opinion. Far too many take the easy way out.

That is kind of how I feel about the young generations in our country....scary in terms of politics

Archived