Did Frazier Play?

avltiger

He took one snap. Handed off to OMac who handed off to C Mosley who passed it back to OMac for a first down

They said on TV that he was in on the Mosely throw to McCaleb on the razzzle dazzle play.  Surely we didn't burn his red shirt just for that.  Maybe redshirting him has never been the intention, but if they aren't going to redshirt him I hope they use him for more than just that kind of play.

They said on TV that he was in on the Mosely throw to McCaleb on the razzzle dazzle play.  Surely we didn't burn his red shirt just for that.  Maybe redshirting him has never been the intention, but if they aren't going to redshirt him I hope they use him for more than just that kind of play.

There were never intentions of redshirting Kiehl.  He has been in the plans all along.  We will see more of him in a wildcat type situation and, yes, some trick plays.   

Did Christian Westerman or Jonathon Rose play?  I thought they were both going to have several reps, but I didn't see either on the field.

Rose played a pretty decent amount. I don't remember seeing westerman on the field, but I think we might this week.

There were never intentions of redshirting Kiehl.  He has been in the plans all along.  We will see more of him in a wildcat type situation and, yes, some trick plays.     

Given the questions about BT's durability, this makes perfect sense. If BT got hurt, then we would have only CM and KF. I think BT will be fine, but you never know.

Will somebody please post a link to this play.   I have searched but can't find it anywhere. 

ET was pretty accurate. Frazier was in the gun, CM at wide-out (right side) off the LOS, O-Mac was split out on left side. O-Mac motions and they run what looks like an speed sweep, Frazier fakes the keep. O-Mac tosses back to CM who looks downfield but no one was open so he made a last second check down to O-Mac for a good gain.

Will somebody please post a link to this play.   I have searched but can't find it anywhere. 

ET was pretty accurate. Frazier was in the gun, CM at wide-out (right side) off the LOS, O-Mac was split out on left side. O-Mac motions and they run what looks like an speed sweep, Frazier fakes the keep. O-Mac tosses back to CM who looks downfield but no one was open so he made a last second check down to O-Mac for a good gain.

AA7, I took OMac as the primary all along and the look off as a spread and freeze of the d.

yeah he took the one snap and we didnt plan on rs'ing him i read on somewhere, may have been @wareagleextra on twitter but they said that theyre just rying to get him a feel for the game then work him in more as the year progresses

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trovon Reed play one or two downs last year, and was still able to redshirt???  If so, I am guessing the same rule would apply to KF, since he only played one down in this game.

Personally, if Barrett Trotter plays every game like he did on Saturday, I think he is the man for the rest of the season, barring an injury.  He was calm, made good decisions, and his stats were good. I would hate to burn KF's redshirt on gimmick duty.  Hopefully, he can get in on some drives and gain some much needed experience.

War Eagle!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trovon Reed play one or two downs last year, and was still able to redshirt???  If so, I am guessing the same rule would apply to KF, since he only played one down in this game.

Personally, if Barrett Trotter plays every game like he did on Saturday, I think he is the man for the rest of the season, barring an injury.  He was calm, made good decisions, and his stats were good. I would hate to burn KF's redshirt on gimmick duty.  Hopefully, he can get in on some drives and gain some much needed experience.

War Eagle!

TR took a medical RS due to knee. KF RS is not eligible now unless he get injured.

War Eagle!

TR took a medical RS due to knee. KF RS is not eligible now unless he get injured.

Thank you.  That explains it.  Obviously, we don't want KF injured, so I say let him in on some more plays.  Maybe even put him at Wildcat!  That would make some defenses a little nervous, I would think.

Archived