No Paul, we don't love you......

AUIE 81

I stopped listening to Paul, the Opening Drive, and basically anything on 94.5 a little over a year ago.  I have never felt better, and do not miss it one bit.

I also have stopped watching anything other than actual games on ESPN.  I thought I would not be able to live without it, but it hasn't really bothered me.  I prefer unbiased sports reporting, rather than bammer-hyped crap that spews out of the sportscenter anchors.  It's hard to find the unbiased reporting, but it is out there.

Agree with riptide. From a different perspective. Some day people will learn any time you shoot at him with a rubber band, he has a howitzer. At some point, learn to pick your targets more carefully.

This article is on a blog, the people that read it have to search it out to find it. F Bomb has a radio show, he can change the contents at the drop of a hat. Who do you think has the better weapon in this match. It's not NtY, it's finebaum.

What we should let die out, we just keep dredging up, over and over again and giving the same people more to work with.

Isn't doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result, one of the signs of insanity?

I'm tired of people responding to things, claiming to represent AU and by extension other people, who really don't do it very well. I've urged before and I'll do it publicly this time. The person who writes this needs to get some PR advice. Where he could do some good, he spikes up the rhetoric from others and then will sit back and ask why :banghead:`

Nine months ago it seemed like everyone on this board was screaming that somebody needed to take up for Auburn and fire back at the media.  Now, when Never To Yield does, people are telling them to keep quiet.  If some people feel the need to defend Auburn and fire back at the media, I'm all for it.  If others think that it is best to ignore the pawl Fbombs of the world and let our team do the talking on the field, I have no problem with that either.  Which group is right?  I have no idea, but they both love Auburn and so do I.

Nine months ago it seemed like everyone on this board was screaming that somebody needed to take up for Auburn and fire back at the media.  Now, when Never To Yield does, people are telling them to keep quiet.  If some people feel the need to defend Auburn and fire back at the media, I'm all for it.  If others think that it is best to ignore the pawl Fbombs of the world and let our team do the talking on the field, I have no problem with that either.  Which group is right?  I have no idea, but they both love Auburn and so do I.

It's not a matter of fighting back.  People should stand up for Auburn, the trick is to pick and choose your battles.  This is not a battle that can be won by NtY.

Fist pumping to this. Right on..its not a guy blogging in his basement. This is a well written report of PF's misconduct. I am proud of it and it needed to be said. I stand behind it.

This has gotten under the skin of the BAMMERS and of course Fbaum.. He then gives the NTY hits by talking about it...

These guys do this due to their love of Auburn... They do not even have ads on their site..  props to them...

A. We all love Auburn.

B. No one is asking them not to fight back.

C. From a public relations/image standpoint, I am asking for them to get advice or respond in a more effective way.

Let's use the past article written by NtY about updyke/finebomb as an example.

You have a perfectly great pair of targets sitting there, that if you had focused on them instead of PF, you would have left him in a position of defending the indefensible. The focus could have been on Threatt, taking the media opportunity and the moronic updyke. That would leave PF completely out of the equation. In a well planned attack format, ( if people don't call it that it doesn't matter, in PR, that's what it is) you paint your opponent into a corner and leave him no supposed high ground to fight from. They took on PF instead, and he immediately made it sound like some outback and off the wall attack on him, as if he was responsible for updyke. If you can't understand that as choosing your opponents wisely, you do need PR help. It is just how the media business works and because someone writes an article doesn't mean they know how to specifically present it. Authors the world over have publicist. Those are professional people who know how to work various media.

That was a very well written article. I am gald it was written. Since I no longer live in Alabama, I do not listen to any of the local radio (and have no desire to). I listened to the Finebaum show probably 2-3 times last year online when Pat Dye was on the show, one of those times being after the NC game.

IMO, that article needed to be written. I was interested in learning finebaum has gone off his rocker and about the attacks on AU. Sure I read about it on message boards off and on, but to have a history laid out with specifics by a blog I trust and respect makes it different.

Also, I am thankful to live out of state now and not be exposed to the local or Bham media regularly anymore. I dislike bama enough as it is already.

I agree w/TT on some points, but we do remember that PF and NTY's audience is very widespread.  The difference is not just geographic, but intellectual as well.  To use an education analogy, some of us are visual learners.  Others are auditory, still others kinesthetic...then, some, musical.  There are even more learning styles behind the top four.  And what NTY has done has effectively, all along, as well as this time, is put some who deserve to hear necessary criticism on notice.

I personally haven't read this article yet, but I'll likely make time for it.  There will come a day when someone's care in systematically, chronologically, recording event after event will make a difference.  We are largely here knowing what we do in general because someone, all along, recorded bits and pieces of history for posterity.

Just as some tune out PF, others tune in, for whatever reasons.  If there can be no one "correct" answer to the PF "to be or not to be" listening issue, then there can also be no one "correct" answer to any response anyone feels led to give.

:wareagle:

I agree w/TT on some points, but we do remember that PF and NTY's audience is very widespread.  The difference is not just geographic, but intellectual as well.  To use an education analogy, some of us are visual learners.  Others are auditory, still others kinesthetic...then, some, musical.  There are even more learning styles behind the top four.  And what NTY has done has effectively, all along, as well as this time, is put some who deserve to hear necessary criticism on notice.

I personally haven't read this article yet, but I'll likely make time for it.  There will come a day when someone's care in systematically, chronologically, recording event after event will make a difference.  We are largely here knowing what we do in general because someone, all along, recorded bits and pieces of history for posterity.

Just as some tune out PF, others tune in, for whatever reasons.  If there can be no one "correct" answer to the PF "to be or not to be" listening issue, then there can also be no one "correct" answer to any response anyone feels led to give.

I'm soooo confused??

I feel more like I did before I read this post than I do now.  :dunno:

A. We all love Auburn.

B. No one is asking them not to fight back.

C. From a public relations/image standpoint, I am asking for them to get advice or respond in a more effective way.

Let's use the past article written by NtY about updyke/finebomb as an example.

You have a perfectly great pair of targets sitting there, that if you had focused on them instead of PF, you would have left him in a position of defending the indefensible. The focus could have been on Threatt, taking the media opportunity and the moronic updyke. That would leave PF completely out of the equation. In a well planned attack format, ( if people don't call it that it doesn't matter, in PR, that's what it is) you paint your opponent into a corner and leave him no supposed high ground to fight from. They took on PF instead, and he immediately made it sound like some outback and off the wall attack on him, as if he was responsible for updyke. If you can't understand that as choosing your opponents wisely, you do need PR help. It is just how the media business works and because someone writes an article doesn't mean they know how to specifically present it. Authors the world over have publicist. Those are professional people who know how to work various media.

I see your point.

I'm soooo confused??

I feel more like I did before I read this post than I do now.  :dunno:

OK, breaking it down.

1.  Some feel NTY and others don't need to defend AU to answer PF--it just stirs up a PR mess.

2.  Some do, because some are tired of AU "taking everything" dished out.

3.  Some feel people would be wise not to listen to PF and especially post...it pollutes the atmosphere. 

4.  Some do listen, don't want to be belittled for it, and they call it "entertainment".

My point?  How can there be a "do what you feel" on 3/4 but only one "right" answer...#1? 

Got it?

i thought nty should stay off finebaum. its like trying to heckle a comedian, he has the microphone and is trained to destroy you. but the way this was concluded made me really like it. untill the end, if i were betting i would have laid odds the author was calling for auburn to pull finebaums pass.

i thought nty should stay off finebaum. its like trying to heckle a comedian, he has the microphone and is trained to destroy you. but the way this was concluded made me really like it. untill the end, if i were betting i would have laid odds the author was calling for auburn to pull finebaums pass.

I think people here give finebaum too much credit as far as his show (microphone) making any difference. First he is on sattellite radio, something only a very small percentage of people have in their vehicle. Then you knock that list down to college football fans. Then you knock it down to people who would not change the channel after 2 minutes of his circus show. I think you are left with a very small number of people nationally that are not AU or Bama fans that actually listen to him. A VERY small number. One that is totally insignificant IMO. Yeah, he is on satellite radio, but sattellite radio also has several hundred channels and I feel fairly confident his national following (outside the state of alabama) is small.

Anyway, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken. I honestly don't pay much attention to him. I've read his columns since I was young but as I mentioned, but am pretty ignorant about his show (and by the way, I have sattelite radio in my car and do not even know what station or when he is even on).

Archived