Ted Roof.

The SandMntTiger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really be interested to know what he and Chiz were going at it about on that last drive.

I think chizik wanted passive and safe and Ted wanted aggressive

I'd really be interested to know what he and Chiz were going at it about on that last drive.

Looked more like a constructive conversation than "going at it" to me.  But then again, my glass is always half full.

Best performance I've ever seen by the worst defensive coordinator in the nation......... :laugh:

War Damn Roof

Looked more like a constructive conversation than "going at it" to me.  But then again, my glass is always half full.

When you've won 10 straight SEC games and are 19-1 in your last 20, it damn well should be.  :we:

I agree.  Chizik was just giving his input during a very intense moment in the game.  Now whether his input was just philosophical or actually calling the play is what I want to know.

I agree.  Chizik was just giving his input during a very intense moment in the game.  Now whether his input was just philosophical or actually calling the play is what I want to know.

Yeah that's what I meant.

I think the fact that we played closer to the line on Defense is what made the difference. They weren't able to pick the D apart in little chunks and wear us down like before.

they were definitely arguing.  i saw chiz's mouth say "no" and roof backtalking.

Perhaps. At that point, it may make sense to play off a little. But I thought they were more agressive throughout the game.

they were definitely arguing.  i saw chiz's mouth say "no" and roof backtalking.

They were arguing. The way CGC was motioning his hands it was like he was telling him about the routes SC might be running.

I think the fact that we played closer to the line on Defense is what made the difference. They weren't able to pick the D apart in little chunks and wear us down like before.

Garcia did not have the usual 'best game of their career game' against us either, he actually missed open receivers... and all those running plays by us didn't give Carolina a lot of chances to get in a groove.

The defensive line got penetration for the first time all year.  Which allowed the lbers to stay free and make plays.  The blitz was well timed and effective for the 1st time all year.  All things considered probably one of the top 3 defensive games of the chizik era.

I don't claim to be smart enough to break it down.  But I saw a team that tackled well for the most, put pressure on the QB, caused turnovers, held one of the leagues premier runners in check all day and kept a big WR from deciding the game. I'll take afew more of these kind of games in October!  War Eagle!

I don't claim to be smart enough to break it down.  But I saw a team that tackled well for the most, put pressure on the QB, caused turnovers, held one of the leagues premier runners in check all day and kept a big WR from deciding the game. I'll take afew more of these kind of games in October!  War Eagle!

the D definitely did everything on their side of the ball to help win the game, that's for sure. It was a great effort

Archived