We got the right former defense coordinator as Head Coach

BIGtiger

I am re watching the game late here.  I am just enjoying seeing Coach Chizik interacting with our players and coaches on the sidelines.  Kudos to Jay Jacobs and the powers that be for making a bold statement in his hiring.  At the time I wanted Muschamp but I soon joined up on the Chizik bandwagon after he hired his staff and recruited his first class.  He has done nothing but amazing job ever since.  Let Florida keep boom.  I am sure he will have some success their too.  As it is one of the great jobs in college football.   I love our coach and his staff and their players.  WDE

Coach Chizik is a class act all the way and the way the Auburn players over the last three years have also become class acts is a total credit to our wonderful coach. These players lay it on the line each and every week, they never quit, the asst coaches work as a unit, and the Auburn fan base has changed also during this new era. You see a huge difference in the student section--they love Coach Chizik and when he asks them to be there-they are THERE and stay until the clock ticks 0! We should be so proud of this man and what he has done for Auburn.

The future looks brighter and brighter. We are the ones blessed to have this man as our leader! Auburn football is fun, win, lose, or draw.

WAR EAGLE!

I've always liked & respected Chizik over Muschamp. CGC leads these young men by example & aside from being an excellent football coach, he is building true Auburn Men!  Coach "Boom" just explodes all over them with his intensity & foul mouth. I think Walt McFadden summed it up as well as possible when comparing the two coaches!

Keep up the great work Coach Chizik. We are 'All In'!!!

At one time, before Coach Chizik, I thought I would of wanted Muschamp as a head coach.  Then last night saw him absolutely loose it.  I didn't think his rant helped hs cause one bit and I thought it brought down his team a littl bi too.  Just my 2 cents.

if you are refering to the rant on the muffed punt, someone posted that uf only got one flag the rest of the game. it might not have helped the players but it must have intimidated the refs.

I thought Muschamp looked awful in the eyes of his players during his rant.  I also agree it may have helped him with the refs.  It wasn't to long after that they called bogus whiff hit on Burton, hit to the QB's head.  The over all penalty situation might be related to Florida has more experience but they did jump off quite a few times.

Coach Chizik has had a few come a parts with refs as well.  I think it was against Moo state.  I don't think he lost face with our players that day.  Its the way Muschamp handled himself it just looked bush league.  Maybe it just my orange and blue glasses.

I liked his fieriness as an assistant and even as a DC.  But, as a HC, he needs to have a little more composure.  There is nothing wrong with arguing a call but do it the right way.  If my son was being recruited by him I would take his actions into consideration.  How about you?

I liked his fieriness as an assistant and even as a DC.  But, as a HC, he needs to have a little more composure.  There is nothing wrong with arguing a call but do it the right way.  If my son was being recruited by him I would take his actions into consideration.  How about you?

Nick Saban has that same fiery compassion. Players want to play for a coach and school with a winning reputation PERIOD. If they can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

Several times yesterday, it looked like his eyes were about to pop right out of his head. Both he a Clemson's coach Sweeney bother me. I would not want to play for either.

CGC is the right man for us. We are lucky to have him and the staff we have.

I agree.  The HC is the "face" of his school's program and his behavior and demeanor is rightfully held to a higher standard.  Brian Kelly at Notre Dame was called on the carpet by their president earlier in the season for the same thing. 

Sounds a little like 1950 when the new Athletic Director, Jeff Beard hired Shug Jordan.  Coach Jordan was the first Auburn Grad to coach the Tigers.  War Eagle!  Coach Chizik is a true gentleman just like Coach Jordan was!

If I were a recruit, I'd love it. It shows the passion he has for both his players and his staff. He wants the best for them and if he believe someone screwed them over then he's gonna stand up for his team and let the officials know about it. I've seen Chizik get almost as fired up at an official as Muschamp did last night.

Edit: After rewatching the rant.. I take that last sentence back :laugh:

Muschamp's venomous rants on the sideline sort of remind me of another coach in the SEC!!!

Again, who is his mentor?

the man with 2 BCS titles.

There is waaaay too much $aban love in this thread for me. It is definitely time to get off of here & go to bed!

Am I wrong in thinking that the coaches that come up under the Patriots coach, Belecheck (sp?) are arrogant and rear-ends? He was one of Saban's mentors.

Archived