Arik Armstead

ellitor

He played three seasons at USC and redshirted last year for an undisclosed injury.  He only has one year of eligibilty left and is going into his fifth year.  I don't think there is a loophole in the SEC rule that would allow him to play even as a transfer from a sanctioned school.  

so why does chizik and co. give him time and a visit if he isn't illegible to play? :dunno:

I'm sure Coach Chizik is fully educated on any possibility of his playing in at Auburn, and I'm sure he's been crystal clear with the family on what the options might be.  If he can't be at Auburn, and that is a deal breaker for the Armsteads, I believe we'd know we were out of it by now.  JMO.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"@sb_joedavidson: Armstead family say NOTHING has been decided yet regarding where Armond and Arik go. Will know later tonite"

Good night.  My wife is hitting me over my head with a pillow right now.  Time for bed.

:P

Thanks for the info flex! I can stop thinking we might ge them now.  Time to move on AGAIN!!!!!!

Can you give any positive news Flex?  We seem to be slipping again.  Besides Miller, and I don't count Miller, that was pure luck since lsu played him like they did, we seem to be loosing out on a lot lately.  Not much positive news.  

I know the decision will be in the morning but Dad wants Arik at AU...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we would know something by now, but Armstead has not made a decision, or at least has not informed anyone of it if he has. Auburn has been in constant contact with Armstead and his father today and remains hopeful, as of a few minutes ago, that his choice will be AU. I think the Tigers are "cautiously optimistic" about their chances. Hopefully, we will hear something tonight.

Not sure where that quote came from but I don't think it's saying that his dad wants him at Auburn. It sounds like Auburn has stayed in contact with both Arik and his father and Auburn remains hopeful.

Thanks for the info flex! I can stop thinking we might ge them now.  Time to move on AGAIN!!!!!!

Can you give any positive news Flex?  We seem to be slipping again.  Besides Miller, and I don't count Miller, that was pure luck since lsu played him like they did, we seem to be loosing out on a lot lately.  Not much positive news.  

So because one poster believes we don't get him, you're bailing???

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we would know something by now, but Armstead has not made a decision, or at least has not informed anyone of it if he has. Auburn has been in constant contact with Armstead and his father today and remains hopeful, as of a few minutes ago, that his choice will be AU. I think the Tigers are "cautiously optimistic" about their chances. Hopefully, we will hear something tonight.

Not sure where that quote came from but I don't think it's saying that his dad wants him at Auburn. It sounds like Auburn has stayed in contact with both Arik and his father and Auburn remains hopeful.

Guess the OP of this quote worded it to keep us on the edge of our seats!

So because one poster believes we don't get him, you're bailing???

I think he was attempting message board sarcasm.

quote:

It's from kitty droppings which means it was probably purged from a pay site. I am surprised the pay sites have not done nothing with that site as much premium stuff that is pasted on there.

I have read that Coach Chiz told Armond he could start class this week along with his Brother...

I'm sure he could start classes this week, but that doesn't mean he's eligible to play this season.

"I guessing it's going to be a pretty good Tuesday for Notre Dame. Just a hunch.." -- Andrew Bone Tweet

Could that be in reference to ND taking the top QB away from LSU?

:dunno:

"I guessing it's going to be a pretty good Tuesday for Notre Dame. Just a hunch.." -- Andrew Bone Tweet

Your right it could be. I forgot about Kiel flipping.

Could be the brother plus Kiel. Just sayin

Could be that Bone doesn't know anything, hence the "Just a hunch" line and is just commenting on message board chatter.

I have been saying Armond goes to ND and Arik comes to AU all night :dunno:

Yes 87.  

If that said one poster is someone that has proven to have good info in the past, then yes.  That along with all of the other logic that is surrounding these guys.  I have moved on.  

But, you are more than welcome to keep your fingers crossed all night.  I still have some glimpse of hope but I don't believe it is happening.

Question about Armond.....

He played for USC in 2008, 2009, 2010...but did not play in 2011 due to medical.  Would he not have been entitled to a medical redshirt?  I am very unclear as to the NCAA rules on this.

Seems that if USC had no intention to play him that would be the case, then wouldn't he still have 2 years of eligibility left?  

If so (and I am not very knowledgeable in this area) this could be the "loophole" Auburn is looking at....maybe something from the NCAA??  

I'd take that scenerio in a heartbeat.

Yes 87.  

If that said one poster is someone that has proven to have good info in the past, then yes.  That along with all of the other logic that is surrounding these guys.  I have moved on.  

But, you are more than welcome to keep your fingers crossed all night.  I still have some glimpse of hope but I don't believe it is happening.

I don't have any fingers crossed, and I don't really know why you'd be wound up one way or the other.  If he commits to us, great.  If he commits to ND, great.  I'm just saying that an opinion of one poster which isn't the same opinion as some other "educated and/or connected" posters isn't necessarily reason to give up (which implies that at some point you were, in fact, hopeful).  Have a good night, and War Eagle.

Me too!

I'd take that scenerio in a heartbeat.

Bone has good sources and FWIW ND is what I would place my money on at this moment. I'm really just clinging on to a feeling I've gotten from a couple of people. I really wouldn't be surprised either way.

Archived