Arik Armstead

ellitor

i think it is inconsiderate of the armstead family to not send out tweets to the ae faithful ... dont they know we deserve to be in the inner circle ... it only seems right since we are staying up late at night to find out what their decision will be .... tomorrow!  come on man!  hook a brutha up!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought a4e said he wasnt at ND?

Arik is not there. Armond and his father are. They were supposed to go up to ND on Sunday morning but stayed longer in Auburn. Arik flew home to California and Armound and his father went up to ND yesterday.

Wow talk about a roller coaster ride, felt good after the J Hokanson comments, and not so good after the J Caldwell ones.

Certainly can't be good Armond and Gus are still in South Bend.

I'm sure they have talked on the phone today. Especially since the coaches have been talking to Arik and his dad both today on the phone. Also they may not go to the same school. It might be harder for Armond to get to play at Auburn because the SEC rules. So Armond maybe giving ND a harder look because this.

Could Arik have went to ND with his dad and brother if he wanted to?  I know he already went on an official to ND.

If he could have went again, and didn't............

THEN> :we:

RT @whitneykblaine: Armond Armstead just told me he plans to announce his college decision tomorrow & that brother Arik will not attend Cal”

:laugh: ok that was kinda funny to see people debating what ish meant....that kinda dates a few folks :-X

While we are giving lessons what does "smh" mean?

Shake

My

Head

Then what does kma mean?   :-X

It's an updyke term. Kissing My Aunt

No its an acronym for what Updykes do during the off season!

russ-kissing-elli.jpg

:laugh::thumbsup:

Whitey Blaine btw, works for Scout.

Also this from Z Pike:

EzP_AU14: Auburn Family everybody send my boy @arikarmstead a message of encouragement We need him an hope that tomorrow my bro will join the #family

RT @whitneykblaine: Armond Armstead just told me he plans to announce his college decision tomorrow & that brother Arik will not attend Cal”

Now we have to hope Arik liked Auburn more than Armond liked ND.

^^^ Looks like we were thinking on the same lines at the same exact time! Copy Cat!  :laugh:

Had I hit submit 30 seconds sooner I wouldnt be the copy cat! Dang phone!

Would his playing time or lack thereof having any affect on him or any other recruit transferring to the SEC? Or does it simply have to do with him being on another team?

It is all about him having only one year of eligibility left.

We win & we lose some. Think we lose this recruiting battle to ND. Oh well and i hope I'm wrong but i thought it was too good to be true we land him. Keep things in perspective. Your not going to hit a HR every time you swing for the fences but at least were swinging for HRs and not trying to hit singles.

Time to turn attention to remaing big dogs left on the recruiting trail like Goldman, Diggs, Alexander, etc.

Keep the faith that CGC and crew are going to finsh strong and bring home a great class that addresses needs.

:we:

just took a look at Arick`s facebook page,seems most of the people posting messages on his wall are irish fans. I seem to remember Quinton Groves mentioning one of the reasons he committed to AU was seeing an Auburn cartag at a pivotal moment in his recruitment, might not hurt for a few of us to drop a "wish you were here" on his wall.

just took a look at Arick`s facebook page,seems most of the people posting messages on his wall are irish fans. I seem to remember Quinton Groves mentioning one of the reasons he committed to AU was seeing an Auburn cartag at a pivotal moment in his recruitment, might not hurt for a few of us to drop a "wish you were here" on his wall.

Imma let yall have that... :-\

The rule is he can play his last year of eligibility in the SEC is if the school he would like to attend offers a grad program that the school he is leaving does not offer......

I don't know if this has changed, but that's how Masolii got into Ole Miss last season.

The only way Armond could play at Auburn is if they have found a loophole in the SEC requirements or in his time at USC.  The NCAA and/or SEC would have to approve him. 

I wonder if the waiver the NCAA passed allowing juniors and seniors to transfer out due to the sanctions still applies. I figured since this football season is over and the bowl ban is over the transfer window would be shut. But idk.

It's not the NCAA; it's the new SEC rule that doesn't allow the one year transfers (like Russell Wilson).  He could still get a waiver from the SEC to play.  

He played three seasons at USC and redshirted last year for an undisclosed injury.  He only has one year of eligibilty left and is going into his fifth year.  I don't think there is a loophole in the SEC rule that would allow him to play even as a transfer from a sanctioned school.  

He played three seasons at USC and redshirted last year for an undisclosed injury.  He only has one year of eligibilty left and is going into his fifth year.  I don't think there is a loophole in the SEC rule that would allow him to play even as a transfer from a sanctioned school.  

Trey Smith played for Auburn for 9 years! Why cant he!  :laugh:

sb_joedavidson: Armstead family say NOTHING has been decided yet regarding where Armond and Arik go. Will know later tonite

sb_joedavidson: Sense is loss of Lopoi could be deal breaker for Cal and Arik;NDame,Auburn fans have reason to be anxious now

sb_joedavidson: Armond has 2 decide if he wants 2 enroll in winter somewhere or summer;he and Arik love idea playing 2gether.NDame?Auburn?

Archived