Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:believe:

4 posts ago he was at ND and it was over.

I don't see where anyone has said that.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=40089.msg813197#msg813197

He sounded sarcastic to me. Plus NCT is a fan like the rest of us. Just giving his opinion.

It's on page 12 :-\

Don't you roll your eyes at me old man.  :tease:

;)

Winking at me is even worse...EWWWWW!  :laugh:

Everytime I check this thread and I see there's 3 new pages from the last time i checked 30 minutes I think, yep he's made a decision.

3 pages later, nope no decision.

If he decides it would be a lot more than 3 pages in 30 minutes.  ;)

It's on page 12 :-\

Don't you roll your eyes at me old man.  :tease:

;)

Winking at me is even worse...EWWWWW!  :laugh:

get a room geez... :-X  :laugh:

He played three seasons at USC and redshirted last year for an undisclosed injury.  He only has one year of eligibilty left and is going into his fifth year.  I don't think there is a loophole in the SEC rule that would allow him to play even as a transfer from a sanctioned school.  

This:

The rule is he can play his last year of eligibility in the SEC is if the school he would like to attend offers a grad program that the school he is leaving does not offer......

I don't know if this has changed, but that's how Masolii got into Ole Miss last season.

Well flex I hope Ur wrong ..we need em both to even think about a top 10 d in a few years ...these kind of players help build a foundation for the future at AU

It's Notre Dame for both Armsteads.  Will announce tomorrow.

Are you claiming knowledge or spouting opinion?

I am pretty sure it is his opinion, based on his past posts.  However, I believe the same thing, imo.  My opinion is based off the fact that Armond headed out to ND right after the Auburn visit, even though he stayed that extra day.

He played three seasons at USC and redshirted last year for an undisclosed injury.  He only has one year of eligibilty left and is going into his fifth year.  I don't think there is a loophole in the SEC rule that would allow him to play even as a transfer from a sanctioned school.  

This:

The rule is he can play his last year of eligibility in the SEC is if the school he would like to attend offers a grad program that the school he is leaving does not offer......

I don't know if this has changed, but that's how Masolii got into Ole Miss last season.

No longer in the SEC.  A player must have more than one year of eligibilty left to transfer to an SEC school.  Ruseell Wilson was the last player who had a chance to take advantage of the old rule.

i think it is inconsiderate of the armstead family to not send out tweets to the ae faithful ... dont they know we deserve to be in the inner circle ... it only seems right since we are staying up late at night to find out what their decision will be .... tomorrow!  come on man!  hook a brutha up!

Yeah. It's not like it is a big decision in Arik's life :-[

so why does chizik and co. give him time and a visit if he isn't illegible to play? :dunno:

It's Notre Dame for both Armsteads.  Will announce tomorrow.

Are you claiming knowledge or spouting opinion?

Yeah I don't care if it's opinion or knowledge but wish he would clarify where he's coming from.

I am pretty sure it is his opinion, based on his past posts.  However, I believe the same thing, imo.  My opinion is based off the fact that Armond headed out to ND right after the Auburn visit, even though he stayed that extra day.

I'm guessing the pessimism could be from this:

"@AUGoldMine: RT @whitneykblaine: Armond Armstead told me he plans to announce college tomorrow, based on where brother Arik wants to play. Cal is out."

It will take a waiver from the SEC for the brother to play at Auburn.  

This:

No longer in the SEC.  A player must have more than one year of eligibilty left to transfer to an SEC school.   Ruseell Wilson was the last player who had a chance to take advantage of the old rule.

That's exactly what I'm saying, but he can still apply for a waiver from the SEC and supposedly he would have a good chance of getting it.  (The latter is what Armond said.) 

Well flex I hope Ur wrong ..we need em both to even think about a top 10 d in a few years ...these kind of players help build a foundation for the future at AU

I want  both the brother but I disagree with your statement. I think BVG will get us to a top 10 D in a couple years without them.

Armond should be eligible to play in the SEC. Based on USC going on probation, he can transfer anywhere(I believe) regardless of years left of eligibility.

I just think that making this decision based on playing together for one year is a little short sighted. It would be whether the decision is AU or ND.

I doubt that flexbone would state it that clearly if it were just opinion.  He has very good sources.  I'll keep my hopes up though since it's not like i get points for being right or wrong.

I'm guessing the pessimism could be from this:

"@AUGoldMine: RT @whitneykblaine: Armond Armstead told me he plans to announce college tomorrow, based on where brother Arik wants to play. Cal is out."

It will take a waiver from the SEC for the brother to play at Auburn.  

This tells me Flex is right and they go to ND...I will keep hoping though.

I know the decision will be in the morning but Dad wants Arik at AU...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we would know something by now, but Armstead has not made a decision, or at least has not informed anyone of it if he has. Auburn has been in constant contact with Armstead and his father today and remains hopeful, as of a few minutes ago, that his choice will be AU. I think the Tigers are "cautiously optimistic" about their chances. Hopefully, we will hear something tonight.

Archived