Arik Armstead

ellitor

With Kiel Gunner just leaving LSU at the alter and signing with ND, this would be huge for ND to top that off with these two recruits as well in just a matter of a couple of days. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and the new SEC rule was put in place to prevent another Masoli type transfer.....not a kid who has done everything right and gotten screwed by his former school.  I could see the SEC granting Armond a waiver in this situation. 

My concern with the medical hardship for Armand deals with the fact that in the cases of Smith and Savage, AU applied for the medical waiver and 6th year of eligibility after they had used up their 5th year.  I do not know  if that is standard operating procedure, but if so, Armand would have to be on the team as a redshirt for '12, then apply for the 6th year when his 5 had expired.  If, by chance, the NCAA says no, then the new SEC rule  would make it unlikely for Armand to be at AU.  

I'd be willing to bet that as long as Armond is cleared (medically) to play this year, he will, and that will be his last year in College ball.

Yes, and the new SEC rule was put in place to prevent another Masoli type transfer.....not a kid who has done everything right and gotten screwed by his former school.  I could see the SEC granting Armond a waiver in this situation. 

Bingo.  Armond and the coaches are confident about getting a waiver.  The only problem is that it's another hurdle for Armond to jump at Auburn as opposed to ND where there are no restrictions.  That hurdle could cost us. 

Yep, sounds like this SEC restriction is going to cost us a major player. Can't blame the older brother for taking a sure thing over something unknown.

Maybe little bro will decide to venture out on his own to AU.

An educated guess (by listening to other sites) says they both go to ND. My hope is that they woke up this morning with AU on their minds and they say War Eagle.

It's a simple decision really. If he wants to make it to the NFL he will join us. Since we have a former NFL DC now he can get him ready. If he wants to join a team that is mediocre at best he can join ND. SEC produces NFL talent.. ND not so much.

Arik just announced, he is awake and going to the rest room and then taking a shower.  

WAR EAGLE ARIK!!!

Don't make me reach through this computer and hurt you !   :laugh:

TOS is reporting the opposite.  Arik is awake and taking a shower.  He hasn't gone to the restroom yet.  Repeat.  He hasn't gone to the restroom yet.

Unfortunately I have not received any good news for Auburn regarding Arik or Armond this morning.   I will attempt to expand on this as soon as possible.

Still holding out hope, however.

Arik just announced, he is awake and going to the rest room and then taking a shower.  

WAR EAGLE ARIK!!!

TOS is reporting the opposite.  Arik is awake and taking a shower.  He hasn't gone to the restroom yet.  Repeat.  He hasn't gone to the restroom yet.

Who the hell takes a shower without going to the toilet first?!  I tell you what:  if that's the kind of kid he is, we don't want him....

WAR EAGLE ARIK!!!

Thank goodness, at least now we know he wont commit to the turds.  ;D

WAR EAGLE ARIK!!!

Who the hell takes a shower without going to the toilet first?!  I tell you what:  if that's the kind of kid he is, we don't want him....

Maybe he is one of those go in the shower type of guys...ewwww!! lol jk

Guest jojo1515

Tweet from Zeke Pike

Auburn Family everybody send my boy @arikarmstead a message of encouragement We need him an hope that tomorrow my bro will join the #family

Edit: From last night btw

Archived