Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way Armond could play at Auburn is if they have found a loophole in the SEC requirements or in his time at USC.  The NCAA and/or SEC would have to approve him. 

If Armond commits it will count against this class correct? I think he would be a great addition to our dline and really add to our depth..

We could end up getting both of the Armsteads and with Arik wanting to move to the dline it would make the dline one of our strong suits, where last year we struggled.

From what I understand, were Armond to come to AU he would not count against the class because of being a transfer.

The only way Armond could play at Auburn is if they have found a loophole in the SEC requirements or in his time at USC.  The NCAA and/or SEC would have to approve him. 

I thought Armond fell under the wavier granted by the NCAA allowing USC's JR's & SR's to transfer without having to sit out a year. Doesn't Armond have 2 yrs of eligibility left? I thought he red-shirted this past year due to injury!

I wonder if the waiver the NCAA passed allowing juniors and seniors to transfer out due to the sanctions still applies. I figured since this football season is over and the bowl ban is over the transfer window would be shut. But idk.

:laugh: ok that was kinda funny to see people debating what ish meant....that kinda dates a few folks :-X

While we are giving lessons what does "smh" mean?

Shake

My

Head

Then what does kma mean?   :-X

Yeah and it wouldn't be too far-fetched for it to still come tonight. Afterall, it is just 6:30 out there on the west coast.

It might if the people harass him so much he gets tired of it and ends it.

:laugh: ok that was kinda funny to see people debating what ish meant....that kinda dates a few folks :-X

Shake

My

Head

It's an updyke term. Kissing My Aunt

Shake

My

Head

:laugh:

If a college enters probation after a recruit signs a LOI, that player can transfer to another school without sitting a year.  At least that's what I thought the rule was. 

Would his playing time or lack thereof having any affect on him or any other recruit transferring to the SEC? Or does it simply have to do with him being on another team?

Rival's just posted an update on Arik. Anyone with access care to summarize?

Per Jeff Hoke: Auburn is "cautiously optimistic" that he will enroll at AU. He stated that Auburn coaches have been in contact throughout the day with both Arik and his father. TIFWIW.

Shake

My

Head

No its an acronym for what Updykes do during the off season!

russ-kissing-elli.jpg

Jason Caldwell from Scout said he just spoke with Gus Armstead a few minutes ago and they are still at ND. He said they should have a decision tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that.

Per Jeff Hoke: Auburn is "cautiously optimistic" that he will enroll at AU. He stated that Auburn coaches have been in contact throughout the day with both Arik and his father. TIFWIW.

I like the sounds of that I think... maybe... not sure

Wow talk about a roller coaster ride, felt good after the J Hokanson comments, and not so good after the J Caldwell ones.

Certainly can't be good Armond and Gus are still in South Bend.

I thought Arik was already enrolled at AU for precaution??  :dunno:

Archived