Are we seeing a new tactic in recruiting???

auguy85

I found it curious that Yeldon flipped right at the beginning of the dead period and put out a prepared statement. Then Alphonse Taylor from Davidson H.S. does the same thing, and his prepared statement was almost identical to Yeldon's. The line about respect for the coaches and programs, etc. I think it was orchestrated by UAT to leave holes that are difficult to fill based on the timing. Changing your mind is one thing, but lies and deceit under the direction of Alabama is a new low even for them.

What did bama do during the All-Star game to get two top recruits to switch to them? Did they have coaches there? Is it against NCAA rules to have coaches there? Just curious. War Eagle!!

I found it curious that Yeldon flipped right at the beginning of the dead period and put out a prepared statement. Then Alphonse Taylor from Davidson H.S. does the same thing, and his prepared statement was almost identical to Yeldon's. The line about respect for the coaches and programs, etc. I think it was orchestrated by UAT to leave holes that are difficult to fill based on the timing. Changing your mind is one thing, but lies and deceit under the direction of Alabama is a new low even for them.

I don't know it was orchestrated as much as it was fortuitous for Bama. They had to get TJ and AT to flip or in AT's case decommit before the dead period because they are EEs and they would have  had no chance flipping them after the dead period was over.

I don't see what the big deal is....all is fair in love and war.

You don't think these teams are at war with each other day in and day out to be the best. In all honesty, if it isn't in the rule book as illegal, then it is fair game IMO.

The way I see it is that IF these kids were in on some grand scheme to sabotage another school after they looked them in the eyes and committed, then why did the parents allow their kids to bold face lie and be deceptive to other coaches? If my son were being recruited to Auburn and our coaches told him to commit to bammer to mess up their class, and then decommit and flip,  then I would step in and tell my son that he wasn't going to play for a staff that would allow such stuff to go on. And I would call the coach and tell them never to contact my son again. But that's just me.

The way I see it is that IF these kids were in on some grand scheme to sabotage another school after they looked them in the eyes and committed, then why did the parents allow their kids to bold face lie and be deceptive to other coaches? If my son were being recruited to Auburn and our coaches told him to commit to bammer to mess up their class, and then decommit and flip,  then I would step in and tell my son that he wasn't going to play for a staff that would allow such stuff to go on. And I would call the coach and tell them never to contact my son again. But that's just me.

I did not think about it that deep. I took the topic to mean that when a kid decides to flip is it orchestrated with the school to make the announcement just before the dead period so the other team can't fight back with that recruit. To think the player is in cohoots with that school from the beginning is far fetched even for the most adimant AU fan conspirist believers.

I did not think about it that deep. I took the topic to mean that when a kid decides to flip is it orchestrated with the school to make the announcement just before the dead period so the other team can't fight back with that recruit. To think the player is in cohoots with that school from the beginning is far fetched even for the most adimant AU fan conspirist believers.

Read my post again. It had a big "IF" in the first sentence. My post wasn't conspiracy driven, it was a somewhat hypothetical response to a specific possible scenario.

**Are you stalking me on this board ellitor? You seem to reply to every post I post.  :dunno:

I wonder how the bama fans knew about Yeldon's decommitment, and posted it a day in advance? It played out just like they said it would to the tee.

Because it happened a week or 2 earlier behind the scenes. Weagle's post sounds like the cohoots was much earlier than that.

I wonder how the bama fans knew about Yeldon's decommitment, and posted it a day in advance? It played out just like they said it would to the tee.

The same way a certain group of uat fans or boosters knew the day before something about Cam was coming out last year.  It was orchestrated to a certain extent.  When you are pulling the strings you do know ahead of time what will happen.  

Read my post again. It had a big "IF" in the first sentence. My post wasn't conspiracy driven, it was a somewhat hypothetical response to a specific possible scenario.

**Are you stalking me on this board ellitor? You seem to reply to every post I post.  :dunno:

No. You and I are just drawn to each ther because we see things differently at times and are great and respectful debators.  ;)

The same way a certain group of uat fans or boosters knew the day before something about Cam was coming out last year.  It was orchestrated to a certain extent.  When you are pulling the strings you do know ahead of time what will happen.  

Agreed. Every team does it though, but not in a negative way the Bammers do.

You don't think these teams are at war with each other day in and day out to be the best. In all honesty, if it isn't in the rule book as illegal, then it is fair game IMO.

I agree. I would add that I don't want a player that "pretends" to be loyal to us with multiple reassurances. That type of player is suspect in my book.

These kids are taking a cue from our friends at ESpN. Let's create news and see who gets more internet hits.

Check the signing day announcements "hat" game and other "news" gimmicks. Seems the scripting has gone from fun to silly. And anyone that says the University of Auburn (besides Lou) will test my patience to be sure.

I'm not saying all of this about Yeldon, but ESPN has just about killed college football for myself and many of my friends.

These kids are taking a cue from our friends at ESpN. Let's create news and see who gets more internet hits.

Check the signing day announcements "hat" game and other "news" gimmicks. Seems the scripting has gone from fun to silly. And anyone that says the University of Auburn (besides Lou) will test my patience to be sure.

I'm not saying all of this about Yeldon, but ESPN has just about killed college football for myself and many of my friends.

Let's not limit it to ESPN. Statement like that need to include all media.

I know we definitely should move on. But, it's certainly difficult coming from a kid we considered part of the foundation of our recruiting class (committed since Summer...right??). It is hard for me to say I wouldn't want him back if he had a change of heart. With all of the pressure and insane situations we have seen the past couple of years (aka Brent Calloway and Cyrus K), I feel for the kid and just wonder if he is really getting to do what is right in his heart or have all of the voices drown out his gut. 

I don't see what the big deal is.... if it isn't in the rule book as illegal, then it is fair game IMO.

It's called integrity.

I take it you are not an Auburn man.  From the creed...

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

The lying by Yeldon is unacceptable, period, end of story.  The change of commitment and its strategy, I understand its implementation but don't agree with its use.  You want the player's commitment of heart and mind, not paper.  Satan has refined his modus operandi to a new level that, although legal, tends not to be in the best interest of the student in the long run.  imho

WDE !!!

I don't see what the big deal is.... if it isn't in the rule book as illegal, then it is fair game IMO.

It's called integrity.

I take it you are not an Auburn man.  From the creed...

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

If I wanted the entire nation to know that I was ashamed to be a fan of a program that was in dire need of a major clean-up then I would go around displaying a pictorial statement about it and what could be more apropos than a roll of toilet paper alongside of a box of laundry detergent!!!

War Damn Eagle

Archived