Vandy Game

storyofmylife182

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chubb is more of a liability than an asset.  It's bad.

More than bad. He is embarrassing to have on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chubb were not on the team either come SEC tourney time, or at least in the course of the off-season.  Between his arrest last year, Coach Barbee's comments about him in Hawaii over Christmas, and his overall lack of improvement and embarrassing on-court display, I think he's not maturing in his role.  Barbee won't take a lot more of it, and I could easily see it coming to a head and Chubb being shown the door.  In fact, when a couple of Tigers had to be trimmed from last year's team, I was surprised to see Chubb (and Sullivan) both standing.  Hated to see EJ Ross go.  He could have been a real contributor this year.

This is not a good basketball team. Chubb  couldn't play dead ina  cowboy movie. Who knows what the offensive strategy is. It only gets better after this game, Kentucky up next.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chubb were not on the team either come SEC tourney time, or at least in the course of the off-season.  Between his arrest last year, Coach Barbee's comments about him in Hawaii over Christmas, and his overall lack of improvement and embarrassing on-court display, I think he's not maturing in his role.  Barbee won't take a lot more of it, and I could easily see it coming to a head and Chubb being shown the door.  In fact, when a couple of Tigers had to be trimmed from last year's team, I was surprised to see Chubb (and Sullivan) both standing.  Hated to see EJ Ross go.  He could have been a real contributor this year.

Why Sullivan, he was our best returning player?

Yet our offensive game plan was to feed the ball into Chubb so he could take on one of the best defensive centers in the SEC??  That worked well.  We abandoned it quickly after Chubb missed numerous short baby hooks.  It would be nice if we acted like we wanted to play defense or if we had a guard that could penetrate and dish off a pass.  Today shows the difference between a group of atheletes and a basketball team that understands the game and can shoot consistently.

I was wondering the same thing. Sullivan is a good player.

This too much for me to watch folks, think I'm gonna try to go and do something productive. Everything I wanna post is negative so I'm not gonna say anything.  :-X Ha!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Chubb were not on the team either come SEC tourney time, or at least in the course of the off-season.  Between his arrest last year, Coach Barbee's comments about him in Hawaii over Christmas, and his overall lack of improvement and embarrassing on-court display, I think he's not maturing in his role.  Barbee won't take a lot more of it, and I could easily see it coming to a head and Chubb being shown the door.  In fact, when a couple of Tigers had to be trimmed from last year's team, I was surprised to see Chubb (and Sullivan Wallace) both standing.  Hated to see EJ Ross go.  He could have been a real contributor this year.

I'm sorry, I meant Wallace, the walk-on PG.  Thanks for the correction! :thumbsup:

Still love the Auburn Tigers. Just give the coach time to keep getting good recruits and we will be fine. ALL IN for basketball too.

Guest jojo1515

I want to support this team, but the two nicest words I can muster to describe their play are disgusting and disgraceful  :(  I could say a ton more but all of it is worse than those two words.....

Coach TB calling out individual players on the post-game interview with Rod.  Bramblett doesn't know exactly what questions to ask.  I am SO IMPRESSED with CTB...love the guy.  Calling it like it is.  "They're not buying what I'm selling."  "Softest team I've ever been around."  Wow.  His first thing he said was, "I am doing a terrible job with this team...this is on me.  Last year, we were just as untalented, but they bought into the idea that they had to play tough; this team has not done that."  Good stuff. WE.

I don't hate them. I support them but I will never be less than honest about them. I will withhold judgment about the coaching situation until next season. To me, he still has a lot to prove. I'll be patiently hoping he proves to be a great coach.

I am "All In" and we will improve as we develop some chemistry.  This team has far more depth and talent than last year's.  Barbee has a great class coming for next year and is building for the future.  If he sees us acting like we don't care and we don't support his efforts and the efforts of this team, he may lose interest. 

I will see you at the arena Wed night.  WDE!

:wareagle:

Archived