Vandy Game

storyofmylife182

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the game is @ Vandy. I dont think that one is going to be too pretty, just my guess.

It rarely ever is even when we have a good team.  Vandy has an insanely, if not crooked, home court advantage as the refs wear Vandy colored glasses so it seems and I think the Auburn usually just rolls up in a ball at mid court and begs for mercy. 

Yeah the game is @ Vandy. I dont think that one is going to be too pretty, just my guess.

It rarely ever is even when we have a good team.  Vandy has an insanely, if not crooked, home court advantage as the refs wear Vandy colored glasses so it seems and I think the Auburn usually just rolls up in a ball at mid court and begs for mercy. 

way to be positive  :banghead:

Yea, it's at Vandy. I'm still excited to see how we do. Tonights game at FSU will tell me more of how we're going to look once SEC play starts. I'm hoping for the best. Guess I have too much faith in my boys.  :wedance:

We will get killed by Vandy as well. Oh,well,at least we can get'em back in football. :banghead:

It's SEC time!  It is time for the guys to start putting it all together on a consistent basis.  The chemistry needs to continue to develop and the defensive intensity needs to be there consistently to take advantage of the increased depth on this team.  Avoiding foul trouble, recognizing the hot shooting hand(s), to avoid team cold streaks, and converting free throw opportunities will be key.  Drive the lane, get to the line and convert while putting them in foul trouble!

I am excited about what CTB is building and look forward to seeing them live against Kentucky next Wed.  For that game, we need to show up with an attitude of excitement so our guys can feed off of it.  If we don't show up or fail to show up with high hopes, our team will feel that.  I do not expect greatness this year but I am of the belief that we can be competitive and this is especially true at home!

:wareagle:

Y'all need to have more faith in this team we could very well win this game

They were losing by 34 at half time last game and are playing a tougher opponent and playing in a tougher arena today. I thought i was being a little optimistic  :dunno:

Today's tilt's gonna be a toughy!  Taylor and Jenkins are scoring half of Vandy's pts., so if we can defend Jenkins at the 3 pt arc, blanket Taylor w/o hacking and control the ball there is a slim chance for victory.  Their big man Ezeli who was key in their stretch run last year has not been as effective yet, but he is big and experienced, and will be a difficult match for Chubboneassi.  If the Tigers pull this one out, biggest upset in a while because of match-up issues.  I personally think it will be about an 18 point loss, with a mad 2nd half Vandy run putting it out of reach, only to have AU close the gap in the last 5 mins to bring it under 20.  War Eagle!

Now this is funny.  And true.

I like Wallace's energy.  Chubb should be a mid-major back-up center.  I heard Sullivan's name called once early...when JOE DEEEEEAN JEWNYER was announcing the lineups.  This is a poor poor AU team.  I'm most interested in seeing what Barbee says/does throughout the season to try and improve the team's production.  Dismiss players?  Bench guys for parts of games or entire games?  Hire a sports psychologist?  Just stop stating the obvious and play nice guy all the time?  Anybody with ideas?

Archived