Al Del Greco

jmcrosson

Has to have the worst job in all of sports broadcasting. Because I loathe Eli Gold's voice in the morning, I generally listen to the Opening Drive. This morning, Jay Barker and Tony Curry were taking all kinds of underhanded shots at Auburn - more than normal. They were commenting on BVG's mustache and talking up some kind of idiot caller's "Operation something stupid" that insulted Auburn. It was the kind of ribbing where the ribbers (Barker and Curry) had a borderline serious tone and were saying things designed to insult rather than kid. I detest those guys. I have no idea how Al Del Greco puts up with it. At one point, right before I got out of the car, he said, "Come on" obviously being close to his limit. I would quit tomorrow if I were him.

Get past Elis' voice and listen to 97.3 fm. Much more sports talk and lots less BS. If I go to jox it's for the roundtable,but I've gotten used to Tim Brando pretty much at this point. The zone is better on the blood pressure and my IQ seems to have increased since I quit listening to the OD and he who will not be named.

I wish someone else was on there representing AU. Al needs to grow a pair and put Barker in his place!

Well, there's your problem, listening to JOX. 

AU favorable programming: http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

Also, ADG was a kicker.  He rubbed them off long ago.

Archived