Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news and definitely a "tip of the hat" as to the new offensive scheme Auburn will utilize in 2012:

"Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use."

;)

Does Prosch count towards our 25?

Great news and definitely a "tip of the hat" as to the new offensive scheme Auburn will utilize in 2012:

"Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use."

;)

Nope, he will be a transfer.  Only counts against the 85 limit.

Interesting that ILLINI coaches released him to 11 of 12 current SEC schools, excluding ALA. Ex-ILLI coach Petrino works there but why would that matter?

It's excluding Arkansas not Alabama. Paul Petrino was the OC at Illinois before leaving for Arkansas and Illinois didn't want him transferring anywhere that had a member of Ron Zook's staff. They feared that if he transferred to a place with a former coach then more players would try that route.

Since it does look like we will run more pro style sets I think this is a great pick up. We have a lot of talent at the Tight End Position and I think this opens up Lutz to have a monster year at TE. I also think on helps out a great deal having an All American lead blocker on 2nd 3rd or 4th and shorts. I expect our Rbs to benefit the most from this. Also I have heard what a great young man this guy is. So this is a great move all around for Auburn. Also most important thing of the transfer keep his Mom in your prayers. To Jay War Eagle and welcome to the family

;)

According to Jeffrey Lee, he will count towards the 2012 class.

Looks good. I'm still not sure this definately tips the hat on what type of offense we'll run.  It does help if we are changing to have a true fullback on the roster.

;)

According to Jeffrey Lee, he will count towards the 2012 class.

If we signed a JUCO player it would count...  If you transfer it doesnt sort of wierd trying to understand..  :dunno:

Welcome Jay...  And prayers for your mom and family...

This is really awesome. We needed someone to fill the role of a blocking HB so that it would open Lutz up more in the passing game. This guy will help all over the field but this really enhances our goaline offense. Great news for Auburn!

Sorry to hear about his mom poor health though. Hope she is able to get better.

Also, no expert on the new rules but i don't see how this guy could count towards the recruiting class. Unless the 25 rule includes transfers and recruits? :dunno:

Here is an article about him being a workout warrior for the Illini and some pretty impressive numbers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/29305/workout-warrior-illinois-fb-jay-prosch

Goes along with the video I posted earlier about his mom saying a doctor told him he had a large amount of muscle fibers for a kid when he broke his arm. Take a look at the second grade fishing picture where he actually has abs as a second grader

Yeah, just read about and came to here to ask about the transferring counting towards this year's class.  That makes no sense (not that much of the rules do). 

Interesting that ILLINI coaches released him to 11 of 12 current SEC schools, excluding ALA. Ex-ILLI coach Petrino works there but why would that matter?

Paul "worked" there, he got blown out with Zook. He was working for Bobby during the Cotton Bowl, I say welcome aboard, put him and H back, move Lutz to slot and our blocking for run plays improves on the edges. I hope and pray that his mom gets well.

:believe:

Archived