Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about every great AU tailback had a little known fullback putting LBs on their rear ends.  Thank to various posters for reminding us of those frequently unappreciated guys.

:we:

Is this kid going to be immediately elgible or not? I know bird said earlier in the thread he would be but i was reading on the recruiting board that he would count against the 25 limit similar to mike blakely last year and he wasn't elgible so idk. Somebody help me out on this one. Thanks.

Blakely did not count against the 25 last year, and Prosch will not count against the 25 this year. Both were/are transfers.

And this is HUGE if you ask me, because now we have that big, blocking back to take the load off of the ballcarriers. I wasn't sure if it was official yet until just a few minutes ago; I'm excited!

Is this kid going to be immediately elgible or not? I know bird said earlier in the thread he would be but i was reading on the recruiting board that he would count against the 25 limit similar to mike blakely last year and he wasn't elgible so idk. Somebody help me out on this one. Thanks.

Blakely did not count against the 25 last year, and Prosch will not count against the 25 this year. Both were/are transfers.

And this is HUGE if you ask me, because now we have that big, blocking back to take the load off of the ballcarriers. I wasn't sure if it was official yet until just a few minutes ago; I'm excited!

There is a thread in the Recruiting Board saying that transfers ARE starting to count against the 25 and not just the 85...

Perhaps I misinterpreted but there is a thread in the recruiting board that indicates he will count against the 25.

Fullback? I hope he wants to play Linebacker!

This! :-\  he is a great fullback, but is also a beast as a linebacker.  i dont know how well he would fair at the colelge level, but i know he was a beast in HS for the 1 year he played the position.  one of the nicest kids in the world, with a reall mean streak on the field, and has a great nose for the ball.  I'm stoked about this pickup, and look forward to seeing him in the orange and blue!  Welcome home Jay!

:wedance:

2 star fullback.

Maybe our coaches can coach him up and make him into something special here

Yeah, 1st team All-American last year. Maybe our guys can "coach him up".  :laugh:

guys, not that Jay needs to be talked up here, but everyone needs to keep in mind that most of his pre-collegiate career was spent playing on the offensive line.  He didn't really come out of his shell until after his junior season, and then blossomed.  we are getting a real gem here that can contribute in a lot more ways than just a blocking back.  i look forward to see him show the naysayers wrong!  for those of you excited about him, you have GOOD reason to be!

William Andrews said Hello!!!!!! All In and War Eagle!!!!!!!!  :wareagle:  :tdau: :tdau:  :wareagle:

forgive my ignorance, but who? and why?  no offense, sorry.

William Andrews said Hello!!!!!! All In and War Eagle!!!!!!!!  :wareagle:  :tdau: :tdau:  :wareagle:

William played in tha same backfield as James Brooks and Joe Cribbs went on to become All Pro with the Falcons

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5371097577173995936#

Tommy Agee & Heath Evans come to mind as 2 of the best fullbacks to ever put on an Auburn uniform & Jake Slaughter is right up there with them!

William played in tha same backfield as James Brooks and Joe Cribbs went on to become All Pro with the Falcons

William was the Falcons all time leasing rusher until the "dirty bird" years. I can see the RB's face who passed William, but I can't think of his name.

William was the Falcons all time leasing rusher until the "dirty bird" years. I can see the RB's face who passed William, but I can't think of his name.

Jamal Anderson?

Reggie Ware.  I believe the marks from his cleats are still on my belly.

But that dang fumble at Fl near the end of the game still hurts to this day. Damn Kerwin Bell

I don't think everyone is as excited as they should be about this. This kid was an All American as a sophomore. We basically just scored a 5* guy with experience. GET EXCITED PEOPLE!!!!  :bananadance::trampoline::bananadance::trampoline:

Also, I wish Jay's coming to Auburn was under better circumstances but I know the Auburn Family's warmth will be one of the best things for him and his family.

I don't think everyone is as excited as they should be about this. This kid was an All American as a sophomore. We basically just scored a 5* guy with experience. GET EXCITED PEOPLE!!!!  :bananadance::trampoline::bananadance::trampoline:

Also, I wish Jay's coming to Auburn was under better circumstances but I know the Auburn Family's warmth will be one of the best things for him and his family.

Well said!

Gerald Riggs?

Carl Stewart would like to be mentioned in this thread.

As well he should. For that matter, Eric Smith should be mentioned in this thread, because he did some good things for us too. While we're at it, let's see...there's Tommy Agee, Harold Morrow, Reid McMilion, Fred Beasley...anyone else we've left out?

Sometimes people forget that while Auburn has put out some of the greatest running backs of all time, we've also had some of the best fullbacks of all time leading the way for them.

Tony Richardson may have had a longer NFL career than any RB we've ever had:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyrichardson/2502655/profile

Gerald Riggs?

No. jgarrett got it. It was Jamal(sp) Anderson. I just couldn't remember his name for the life of me. I am horrible with names. An NFL HC at the time, I believe he was a HOF HC, said if he was starting a team that William Andrews would be his first pick. He was mainly used as a blocking back while at Auburn, but had a great NFL career.

Carl Stewart would like to be mentioned in this thread.

As well he should. For that matter, Eric Smith should be mentioned in this thread, because he did some good things for us too. While we're at it, let's see...there's Tommy Agee, Harold Morrow, Reid McMilion, Fred Beasley...anyone else we've left out?

Sometimes people forget that while Auburn has put out some of the greatest running backs of all time, we've also had some of the best fullbacks of all time leading the way for them.

Tony Richardson may have had a longer NFL career than any RB we've ever had:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyrichardson/2502655/profile

Probably why he came to my mind first...:thumbsup:

Archived