Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

Welcome to the Auburn Family Jay and War Eagle!!!  I wish you the very best of everything in the future!!! Your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he will be part of the 3rd and short solution the Tigers so desperately need to fix.  If not as a runner than a blocker.  There were many reasons Auburn's offense struggled last year but 3rd and short was a big one.  Sounds like he is going to be a nice addition to the team.

Per oanow.com "According to AuburnSports.com, Prosch has applied for a hardship wavier with the NCAA, which -- if granted -- would make him eligible to play immediately."

As far as him playing linebacker, will not happen, that is why he chose Illinois in the first place because he wanted to play FB.

Just read on Rivals per Jeffery Lee that he WILL count towards our 2012 signing class. Anyone know for sure?

Great news and definitely a "tip of the hat" as to the new offensive scheme Auburn will utilize in 2012:

"Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use."

;)

Does Prosch count towards our 25?

Nope, he will be a transfer.  Only counts against the 85 limit.

Looking for a way to get Lutz more in to the offense...this addition to the team would seem to do the trick. Lutz is a tremendous athlete and should be able to function as a true TE....and should be a terror this season.   I predict that there is an OC in our future that will know exactly how to make this work.

:we:

Just read on Rivals per Jeffery Lee that he WILL count towards our 2012 signing class. Anyone know for sure?

Great news and definitely a "tip of the hat" as to the new offensive scheme Auburn will utilize in 2012:

"Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use."

;)

BM said he will only count to the 85 but he is double checking that...Looks like JLee is wrong yet again.

This will really help ease the pain of losing Dyer

That's funny.

Funny because the pain isn't that big?  Dyer was telented for sure.  And he is a proven back on the team.  Howerer, Auburn is in the same situation we were in in the backfield after 2004... then somebody named Kenny Irons decided to go off.  My point being, when is the last time Auburn didn't have a REALLY good running game?  Running back is the easiest position for a freshman to come in and show out. And let's not forget, we just ran all over the number one rush defense in the ACC... without Dyer.

That's funny.

Funny because the pain isn't that big?  Dyer was telented for sure.  And he is a proven back on the team.  Howerer, Auburn is in the same situation we were in in the backfield after 2004... then somebody named Kenny Irons decided to go off.  My point being, when is the last time Auburn didn't have a REALLY good running game?  Running back is the easiest position for a freshman to come in and show out. And let's not forget, we just ran all over the number one rush defense in the ACC... without Dyer.

Under Terry Bowden. Buster wouldn't know a good RB if one ran over him.

;)

According to Jeffrey Lee, he will count towards the 2012 class.

no, he would count as a transfer, not a signee.

Yea I'm not really sure of the rules for counting transfers, they're confusing.  I know we had to count Blakely on last year's class even though he was a transfer and everything I've seen indicates Prosch will count as well.

MB didn't count towards our 25, he only counted towards our 85.

Here is an article about him being a workout warrior for the Illini and some pretty impressive numbers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/29305/workout-warrior-illinois-fb-jay-prosch

Goes along with the video I posted earlier about his mom saying a doctor told him he had a large amount of muscle fibers for a kid when he broke his arm. Take a look at the second grade fishing picture where he actually has abs as a second grader

Everyone watch the video above. I am VERY proud to have this AUsome young man joining our team!

I feel for Jay and his family I'm sorry for circumstances that brought him to Auburn.

Jay Welcome To the Auburn Family.  WAR EAGLE! 

If an All American, Academic All American and class person like Jay thinks Auburn is the right place for him let the 5* recruits line up and take a number to get in.

Maybe this will leave Lutz more opportunities to be a true TE

good thought, I'd think it does. He has some good stats, It'll nice to have a true FB again.

Looks like this may be the first step/sign of the transition to a pro-style offense...

Very happy to have Jay at Auburn. From what I have read/seen he is a class act. Just the type of player that I want at Auburn.

:we:

good thought, I'd think it does. He has some good stats, It'll nice to have a true FB again.

Looks like this may be the first step/sign of the transition to a pro-style offense...

I agree this is a good sign.  Since a part of the reason he is leaving Illinois is because they are going to the spread, it is a pretty easy and logical conclusion that we are not going to be an all out spread team.  As has been posted elsewhere I think we are going pro-style with some spread elements.

wde

I agree this is a good sign.  Since a part of the reason he is leaving Illinois is because they are going to the spread, it is a pretty easy and logical conclusion that we are not going to be an all out spread team.  As has been posted elsewhere I think we are going pro-style with some spread elements.

wde

Or possibly going to a multiple look?  That would allow us to run down hill, throw in some play action passes, or drop back in the shotgun and go 4 wide if needed.

That's funny.

Sorry but that's the truth. It's always difficult to replace the leading rusher. Do we have a good stable of backs? Certainly we do. Do we have a proven back? McCalebb is proven but he can't carry a load of 25 carries a game.

wde

Or possibly going to a multiple look?  That would allow us to run down hill, throw in some play action passes, or drop back in the shotgun and go 4 wide if needed.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say (in an awkwardly worded way) in my post.  You nailed it.

wde

wde

Yes, this is what I was trying to say (in an awkwardly worded way) in my post.  You nailed it.

wde

:thumbsup: Great minds and all.

Archived