Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's a need for an AA fullback.  I have a tree down in the backyard and will need some help removing it.

That wouldn't work.  He wants to be closer to home and your way out in Cali.

It depends on when the AA meetings are.  If they are on saturdays we don't need him.   ;)

I almost posted that too.  ;D:thumbsup:

Yeah, there's a need for an AA fullback.  I have a tree down in the backyard and will need some help removing it.

That wouldn't work.  He wants to be closer to home and your way out in Cali.

Actually, I'm back in Atlanta, but carry on.

Maybe we should go back to using a true fullback. At 6-1, 250, he'd be oh so hard to bring down. It would take 4 to 5 guys to even hope to bring this guy to the gound.

I've never really considered moving to fullback but if that's what is best, I will eat good this offseason  :thumbsup:

I've never really considered moving to fullback but if that's what is best, I will eat good this offseason  :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was waiting for you to find this thread

What do we need with a 250 pound fullback? Heck, we've got LP. I know he is an H-Back,  But couldn't he be moved to fullback in certain situations? I also understand CGC feels he needs to grow up quite a bit.

in an effort to redirect this thread back on topic, I was really upset when AU missed on Jay a couple of years ago.  The biggest problem with his late recruitment (IMHO) is that he had played on the offensive line his entire career (played at UMS in Mobile).  His senior year, the young man exploded and became an absolute beast!  Was benching over 500, and was a complete gym rat.  His senior season he played linebacker and had over 150 tackles (if memory serves), and played fullback as well.  I tried several times to talk him into AU or South Alabama (as they were giving him much love), but he was LOYAL to the coach that stuck with him from the beginning................Zook.  He did receive an offer from AU on NSD, but stuck with Illinois.  I think this is the type of guy we want.  He is a stand up young man, and has a real mean streak on the field!

Not to sound like I have any sort of inside info, but I would have to imagine that South Alabama and Auburn are close to, if not his top two.  More significant to his transferring than the offensive style change, is his mothers medical condition.  He wants to be closer to her through this whole ordeal.  South Alabama is close to home for him, and while Auburn is a bit further away, he does have a sister who currently goes there, so I imagine that both would be strongly considered. 

Not to sound like I have any sort of inside info, but I would have to imagine that South Alabama and Auburn are close to, if not his top two.  More significant to his transferring than the offensive style change, is his mothers medical condition.  He wants to be closer to her through this whole ordeal.  South Alabama is close to home for him, and while Auburn is a bit further away, he does have a sister who currently goes there, so I imagine that both would be strongly considered. 

I think at South he wold run into the same problem that he is having at Illinois, they will not ConsisteNtly use a fb. 

2 star fullback.

Maybe our coaches can coach him up and make him into something special here

Archived