Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

This guy was pretty mean too...

28_Johnson,Brandon120x160.JPG

Brandon "BAM BAM" Johnson

I have always thought this dude looks just like The Waterboy, but please dont tell him I said that!

Are you sure? My Aunt teaches his kid. I can pass the message along.  :laugh:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always thought this dude looks just like The Waterboy, but please dont tell him I said that!

We always called him Troll. Man he could clear a path!

I remember Eddie Gran saying BJ was the only football player that ever intimidated him. Said something like sitting across the desk from him was like having a staring contest wit a shark or a bear or something.

I also remember going over to my friend's house for an Iron Bowl.  He and his brother are all turd fans, but they saw a pregame spot on him working on a shrimp boat and thought he was the baddest mollyflogger around.  That's saying something from that crew too.  I used to hang out with some real bad hombres, and if they think you're tough, you're tough.

WDE!

Prosch has the go ahead to play right away, correct? I assume Illinois gave him the release because of his family issues.

Prosch has the go ahead to play right away, correct? I assume Illinois gave him the release because of his family issues.

From what I read in the paper and on AE:  The plan is for him to play right away, but approval is needed from the ncaa. 

Illinois gave him an unconditional release.  The NCAA has to grant the waiver of the residence rule (which basically says transfers have to sit out a year).  AU is very confident the waiver will be granted. 

Illinois gave him an unconditional release.  The NCAA has to grant the waiver of the residence rule (which basically says transfers have to sit out a year).  AU is very confident the waiver will be granted. 

It will be. His situation is very similar to Barry Brunetti's transfer from West Virginia to Ole Miss. His mother was also sick.

Think there's any chance JP and #13 end up lifting buddies in the off season? Considering both of them seem to really love hitting the weights, could be great motivation. I look forward to big contributions from both guys this year and a lot of the season's success is based on work put in during the spring and summer...

WDE

Think there's any chance JP and #13 end up lifting buddies in the off season? Considering both of them seem to really love hitting the weights, could be great motivation. I look forward to big contributions from both guys this year and a lot of the season's success is based on work put in during the spring and summer...

WDE

It's quite possible!

Saw Prosch on campus today with Steven Clark (who's actually pretty big himself.)  This kid is every bit of swole as you can be.  He looks like his muscles are about to rip through his skin.  He's a little shorter than I thought he would be, but then again Clark is really tall, so maybe that threw me off.

can't wait to see this guy level a LB on a lead block.

Same here. Dude has a real nasty streak to go with all those muscles..  going to be fun to watch.

can't wait to see this guy level a LB on a lead block.

I can't wait to see the look of surprise on a DT's face when Prosch pancakes him...

he does have a real nasty streak.................. ON THE FIELD!  he is quite possibly one of the nicesst, and most polite young men you will ever meet.  I have always told him how perfect he would fit in at AU.  I'm so glad to see it finally happen.  As for his strength, i can't remember the exact numbers, but if i'm not mistaken, when talking to him his senior year he was benching nearly 500! i think he has the ability to toss a few people around!

BTW, i'm 6'1" and 245.  As you can probably see from the pic to the left, we are NOT quite cut out of the same mold.  "THE HULK" is a very fitting term for this young man!

that was weird

yup.....how about that for timing?  i cheated.  i had that pic from an earlier post on here.

Archived