Yes another dada phillips thread...question

JDUBB4AU

With us only taking 2 DL ..AND Jay DOZER comming to Auburn...does this mean dada will move to Dline? 6 ft 290 with his speed ...seems like a huge move for the best

I bet is is a tad over 290.  I looked at the roster and it only looks like Auburn is going to open the season with 4 DTs on the roster.  Since 2 play at once my guess is that someone is going to have to make the move to DT.  He has the body for it.  If he brings the mentality he could be good.

For him to contribute some way..that's the best spot...He's an athlete and I hope we see big things this year from him ..

Niles and Sigler play DT, right? Is Travis still on the team?

Yes to all three.  Plus Nero.  I count 8 DTs on scholarship.

Yes eight are there currently. Honestly I dont the Phillips getting much playing time on either side of the ball, at least for now.

Blackson

Wright

Whittaker

Carter

Niles

Travis

Sigler

Walsh (Walk-On)

Nero

We play a NT, DT scheme so some of the strong side ends can play in the middle on passing downs.

We have the depth however we just need them to step up. Dada won't be able to crack that line up. So his best option is to stay at full back and regain those things that earned him a scholly offer to AU.

Blackson

Wright

Whittaker

Carter

Niles

Travis

Sigler

Walsh (Walk-On)

Nero

We play a NT, DT scheme so some of the strong side ends can play in the middle on passing downs.

We have the depth however we just need them to step up. Dada won't be able to crack that line up. So his best option is to stay at full back and regain those things that earned him a scholly offer to AU.

Best post I have ever seen regarding LP. I dont know why most people don't get this. He will never play a single snap as a DL until possibly the fourth quarter of the homecomming game of his senior season, while he already has taken snaps as a FB. He is a FB.

Best post I have ever seen regarding LP. I dont know why most people don't get this. He will never play a single snap as a DL until possibly the fourth quarter of the homecomming game of his senior season, while he already has taken snaps as a FB. He is a FB.

it was debatable if he had the mean streak to be a blocking back ... if not, then he would not succeed at DT.  The coaches should look him in the eye and say ... son, you either lose weight down to 270 or so and see some snaps at FB or stay at 290 plus and never see snaps at DT ... your choice.  BTW, you better get some mad-on when you block or you aint seeing any snaps from behind prosch ...

DaDa needs to focus on his conditioning and Loeffler needs to utilize him to his strengths. All the highlights I saw with him had him toting the rock. Let him tote the rock. If he gets put on his a$$ then make him a glorified o-lineman!

Archived